Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Born Again Testimony

Author Topic: Born Again Testimony
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks HisGrace. I fixed the link. The old prayer was posted on a post that was erased. I'll keep this one up. That prayer really made a difference in my life. I still read it every morning, and feel more confident every day.

God bless. [Prayer]

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000662

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your testimony Ripp and welcome to BBS. It is always great to hear about overwhelming victories against Satan. I have already been inspired by your 'armor' post.

Have said a prayer for you Laurie. The devil can always be defeated through sincere faith, Bible reading and prayer. And yes, you should read Ripp's post about putting on the armor of God.

Ripp
unregistered

Thanks for the support Laurie. [Smile] I have found that my fight with Satan is easier to fight when I put on my spiritual armor. Please read my second post from the link below and try it. It has really worked for me. May you be strong in the Lord in this fight. God bless! [Cross]

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000662

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so happy that you have given your life to the Lord and that you have been freed from addictions. I too have led a troubled and sinful life, even though I was saved at the age of 6. Praise God for forgiveness and mercy!!

Lately I feel the devil battling to take me back, because I think for some reason he fears what I might be able to accomplish for God if I live a Christian life. It is a spiritual war we fight, and I arm myself with scripture and am working to overcome these attacks.

Anyway, welcome to the boards here.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Dear brothers and sisters,

This post might be long so please bare with me. This is my first post on this board and one I feel compelled to write. It is my testimony, my long hard-fought journey that has lead to my peace and comfort in Jesus Christ. I hope that this post might give hope to some out there that might be going through some of the same things. May the love of Jesus shine on anyone who reads this testimony.

My journey has been one of frustration, addictions and many troubles. I guess you could call me a typical preachers kid. My father is a retired Methodist minister. Two out of three of my uncles were ministers. My grandpa was a minister. My grandfather is a world famous composer and organist. My mother sings in the church choir and has been an active member since she was a child. Some of you might call me lucky to have such influence in my life. Well, I feel that way now but it took me 34 years to figure that out.

I was a rebellious child. I didn't find many sins I didn't like. Sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. My youth was a mess of overindulgence and self-gratification. I was so bad, my mother once said she thought I would be dead or in jail by now. I was lucky that didn't happen, or better yet, I was blessed.

You see, I realize now that He was always there. Although I had no clue at the time, I look back now and see the signs. Whether it was a near death experience or something simple, He was watching over me all along. It took quite a bit to get my attention however. I was actually an athiest until my senior year in college. It took a car accident, the death of a friend (may God rest her soul) and a broken leg to wake me up . After that tragedy I began to do things that I didn't understand. I asked for a cross necklace for Christmas. I got a tattoo of a cross surrounded by an alpha and omega symbol. I started making a cross symbol for the "I" in my name. All along, not realizing what I was doing. I knew there was a God but was still looking for something else...I was empty inside.

I was still trying to fill that void inside with earthly things. However, nothing would quench my thirst. I couldn't seem to get enough of anything, whether it be alcohol, sex or whatever. It just wasnt going to do it. All along I had this gut feeling like I was supposed to be doing something but I didn't understand what. Even when my businesses were doing well, I still wasn't happy. I was wrestling with God and didn't know it.

I struggled for years with this empty, gut wrenching feeling. My engagement to my fiancee was broken off, I fell into despair and everything looked lost. I thought if I could just have this, or just have that, I would be happy. Nope.

Then it just happened. I finally gave up resisting, it just wasn't going to work anymore. I finally realized what He was trying to tell me all along. I was gazing out over the city and the mountains and just plain broke down. I asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins and to be my savior. I asked Him to guide me and I would do His will. Nothing has been the same since.

Is Jesus real? Yep. Is he just a prophet? Nope. Will He save you too? Yep. You see, until you take that leap of faith, you will never understand. When you bring Jesus in your life, you will completely change. I have done a complete 180 in my life and you can too. No longer am I a slave to sin. I read the bible every day. I have read 12 books (about God and the like)in the last 3 months, more books than I have read in my entire life up to that point. I have an inner peace that is indescribable. I actually sleep now (I had insomnia before). Colors are brighter. It's truly amazing what I can see and understand now. I even quit smoking easily. The list goes on and on...

I do have more sorrow towards people that are not saved now. You see, when you get saved, you see things that before you didn't understand. I mourn for those that aren't saved. I know the pain that they are going through and most of them will never "wake up". Before I was saved, I had no clue about these things. Now the sadness in my life is based on the lost souls I see every day. I pray every day that others will get saved. Now don't get me wrong, I have never been happier, in fact, I have so much peace...well it's just incredible. But, especially in these last days, I get sad thinking about all the lost souls.

If you are reading this and think it's crazy, I can understand. I would have thought the same thing four months ago. But, if you are reading this and you are not saved, then you already have something inside that has been bugging you. I know that empty feeling you have. That can all change however and it's easy to do. Just accept Jesus as your savior. What do you have to lose?

So let me finish this testimony with a prayer as that's how this all got started a few months ago.

Lord, thank You for saving me. I thank You every day for the blessings in my life. I pray that those reading this will leave an open door for You. May You come into their lives and save them. Lord, in these final days, I pray that You will reach into all of our lives and shine Your glory on those around us. May others see Jesus in us and Your love spill out onto others. We thank You Lord for the precious gift of Your Word. I pray that others will find the truth in Your Word as You have shown me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

May God bless you in your lives and may you find comfort under the arms of Jesus.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement