Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Born Again Prayer.

Author Topic: Born Again Prayer.
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great prayer by Charles Stanley. Not only do I pray this prayer every morning, but I also resort back to it throughout the day. I would mention how amazing it works but it comes from the Bible so it's no surprise. [Smile]

God bless. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should be reminded of this thread, authored by Ripp, every once in awhile. What a terrific way to start every morning by putting on each piece of armor to face the battles of the enemy.

Eph.6:10-18 [spiny]

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:

First I repent of all my sins. Second I put on the armor of God every day. Third I pray for Him to humble me every day. It has changed me in wonderful ways.

I guess we can't go wrong if we daily follow those three steps! God loves humility - it shows how dependent we are on him. [clap2]
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree HisGrace. I really don't care for living in the flesh with all of satans' attacks. But as in another post I wrote, there are 3 things I do that help.

First I repent of all my sins. Second I put on the armor of God every day. Third I pray for Him to humble me every day. It has changed me in wonderful ways.

I am amazed daily of His Glory. The things I see Him doing in my life are astounding to me. He has put Christians in my life in odd ways over the last few months that I am blown away. What a wonderful God we have! Praise God! [Prayer]

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

HisGrace
unregistered

Many say that we should focus on God and not on the devil. I agree, but we have to keep in mind that the devil is constantly nipping at our heals. I am well aware that we can be more than conquerers over the devil, but Ephs. 6: 10-18 has a very strong message.

Most of the time I just bask in God's glory and spend time thanking and praising him, but when the attacks start coming I have to speak to the devil, telling him to get under my feet and then bring out the battle scriptures.

Like me, many of you must have daily battles with resentment, turmoil, fear, being defensive, strife, mistrust. These are all sneaky tools of the devil to undermine our salvation.

As long as we live, the devil will have to be daily conquered. However, we can keep our eyes on Jesus and the cross for overwhelming victory.

2 Corinthians 10:4
For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds.

HisGrace
unregistered

Ripp your post could very well be based on Eph.6: 10-18.

Saw the continuation of Charles Stanley's sermon on the Strategy of Satan, and he went over that scripture with great detail.

The scriptures say -
"We have to use ever piece of armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil"
-the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness.
-for shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News,so that you will be fully prepared.
-faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan
-salvation as your helmet
-the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

HisGrace
unregistered

Wonderful prayer,Ripp. If we could just picture putting on each piece of God's armor, we could be protected against every trick and strategy of Satan.

I have started to watch Dr. Charles Stanley within the last month on Sun. night TV, and boy does he have a powerful anointing on his teachings.

Last Sun. he delivered a sermon on the strategies of Satan and is going to continue this coming Sun. You can get his sermons on www.intouch.org

Satan's Strategy -
1. Directs our attention to specific need or desire in our lives. It always starts in our minds. We have to keep our minds captive.

2. Satan chooses his timing - he knows when we are most vulnerable and have your weakest moments.
Just HALT - Be careful because he will attack when we are -
Hungry -
Angry - Can make wrong decisions.
Lonely -
Tired - weary and worn out.

3. Creates doubt in what the scriptures really mean.

4. Likes you to debate and argue with him - we cannot argue with him, he will win every time. We should say "It is written" or "This is the word of God."

5.Deception - Likes you to think in the "Now". Tries to overshadow future consequences, and tries to keep us blinded to what can happen down the road. He is a master of deception

6. Creates division in family, church ,friends, workplace.

7.Ultimately destroys. We can totally lose our testimony and effectiveness as a Christian.

I would like to add another one - fear. He can get our minds in such a turmoil that we think that we are losing control, and ultimately can be deceived into thinking that we will lose our salvation. We can lose our testimony, but not our salvation.

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I just wanted to list a prayer that has helped me since I got saved. It has helped my spiritual growth on a daily basis. I simply read this prayer and visualize putting on each piece of armor. You can print it out and try it for a couple weeks. I think you will see a positive change. God bless. [Prayer]

Good morning, Lord. Thank You for assuring me of victory today if I will but follow Your battle plan. So by faith I claim victory over __________ (I normally list some things I know I will be faced with that day, lust, anger, greed, etc.)

To prepare myself for the battle ahead, by faith I put on the belt of truth. The truth about You, Lord-that You are a sovereign God who knows everything about me, both my strengths and my weaknesses. Lord, You know my breaking point and have promised not to allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able to bear. The truth about me, Lord, is that I am a new creature in Christ and have been set free from the power of sin. I am indwelt with the Holy Spirit, who will guide me and warn me when danger is near. I am Your child, and nothing can separate me from Your love. The truth is that You have a purpose for me this day-someone to encourage, someone to share with, someone to love.

Next, Lord, I want to, by faith, put on the breastplate of righteousness. Through this I guard my heart and my emotions. I will not allow my heart to attach itself to anything that is impure. I will not allow my emotions to rule in my decisions. I will set them on what is right and good and just. I will live today by what is true, not by what I feel.

Lord, this morning I put on the sandals of the gospel of peace. I am available to You, Lord. Send me where You will. Guide me to those who need encouragement or physical help of some kind. Use me to solve conflicts wherever they may arise. Make me a calming presence in every circumstance in which You place me. I will not be hurried or rushed, for my schedule is in Your hands. I will not leave a trail of tension and apprehension. I will leave tracks of peace and stability everywhere I go.

I now take up the shield of faith, Lord. My faith is in You and You alone. Apart from You, I can do nothing. With You, I can do all things. No temptation that comes my way can penetrate Your protecting hand. I will not be afraid, for You are going with me throughout this day. When I am tempted, I will claim my victory out loud ahead of time, for You have promised victory to those who walk in obedience to Your Word. So by faith I claim victory even now as I pray. Lord, You already know what they are and have already provided the way of escape.

Lord, by faith I am putting on the helmet of salvation. You know how Satan bombards my mind day and night with evil thoughts, doubt, and fear. I put on this helmet that will protect my mind. I may feel his impact of his attacks, but nothing can penetrate this helmet. I choose to stop every impure and negative thought at the door of my mind. And with the helmet of salvation those thoughts will get no further. I elect to take every thought captive; I will dwell on nothing but what is good and right and pleasing to you.

Last, I take up the sword of the Spirit, which is Your Word. Thank You for the precious gift of Your Word. It is strong and powerful and able to defeat even the strongest of Satan's onslaughts. Your Word says that I am not under obligation to the flesh to obey its lusts. Your Word says that I am free from the power of sin. Your Word says that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. So by faith I take up the strong and powerful sword of the Spirit, which is able to defend me in time of attack, comfort me in time of sorrow, teach me in time of meditation, and prevail against the power of the enemy on behalf of others who need the truth to set them free.

So, Lord, I go now rejoicing that You have chosen me to represent You to this lost and dying world. May others see Jesus in me, and may Satan and his hosts shudder as Your power is made manifest in me. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

[Winning the War Within by Charles Stanley]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement