Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Harry Potter (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Harry Potter
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought soCarol, you either really dont know what your talking about or you think im kidding or something...IM NOT

tell me what is the Law your talking about..pls

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is silly. He knows what the Law is. It's what he's always talking about.

We have many commandments in the New Testament to obey. We are not without law, but it is not the Old Testament law.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry,

I think you silly.

REPENT.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean "Law" Carol?

What is the "Law" you state is for Israel, and not for us..

Explain what you mean by "LAW"

Carol you stated:

quote:
The Law is Holy. But it was given to Israel, not to us.

"Walk in the Spirit Thread"

You mean the "LAW" was for Israel Only?

Explain what you mean by "LAW"

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
im not mad at all...im really sad at those who profess "Christ" and condemn YHWH commandments and uphold the "Traditions Of Men"....

Gal 2:16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Gal 3:11 Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

im not mad at all...im really sad at those who profess "Christ" and condemn YHWH commandments and uphold the "Traditions Of Men"....

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

You call works staying away from witchcraft??

quote:
Do you have children? Did you tell them Santa Claus was real?

Did you tell them a rabbit layed eggs, sometimes chocolate...LIES LIES LIES

Do you call works, obeying YHWH's Commandments?

Your logic does not make any sense, your faulting me for trying to follow YHWH, and trying to obey his comandments, at the same time you feel that Harry Potter and Haloween, Pagan holidays are ok, but we better not "Remember" the Sabbath and keep it HOLY!

Seems to me you follow "Traditions of Men", feast days or holidays that you want to celebrate.

Sister this ought not to be..

Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mark 7:9
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 2:3
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:5
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 3:24
And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
YOU condemned yourselves by what measure you measured untome..laugh Sister Carol "lol" your comments..........You post to say Harry Potter is OK>..

Ummm...I didn't post anything on this thread.

It's interesting how people who "obey the law", instead of obeying the Spirit, always lose their tempers so easily.

LOL

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry you are adding works to plan of salvation and you dare to condemn me. I make no apology to you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

i cannot believe you Betty...............

You state im a cult, im deceived, because i think we should not "Throw Out" the 4th commandment of the Ten Commandments, im a legalist and a seventh day adventist;;;;;;

By the same token...You celebrate Heathern Pagan Holidays

Haloween, Christmass, ESHTAR< EASTER, come on?

Do you have children? Did you tell them Santa Claus was real?

Did you tell them a rabbit layed eggs, sometimes chocolate...LIES LIES LIES

And yall think im off?

If one knew nothing about Christmass origin, once they saw the truth you would think that they would REPENT, and change...But NO!!!
That would mean you would have to leave the "TRADITIONS OF MEN" and grandma's teaching, and your whole family would reject you...well i did and they did.

You follow PAGAN HOLIDAYS; and you want to throw rocks at me for trying to follow YHWH's feast days...

Glass house mam!

YOU condemned yourselves by what measure you measured untome..laugh Sister Carol "lol" your comments..........You post to say Harry Potter is OK>..

May God YHWH have mercy on your soul...

Its pure witchcraft sister....of the DEVIL

and preachers by the thousands are saying its good for children and has a "love" message in it...

Yah help US!!!!!!

One day youll answer

love
barry

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

IN SUMMARY

The truth of the Satanic nature of Harry Potter can be easily seen in so many ways by some one who is familiar with the occult. In this book, we see standard occultic beliefs and practices and Illuminist beliefs. We see Drug Usage glorified, and creation of powerful drugs taught to these First-Year students.

We see standard Witchcraft philosophy and world view espoused, including the "morality" teaching that there is no Absolute Right or Wrong, that the "Ends Justify The Means". We see that the occult belief about Death and Reincarnation is taught.

But, most horribly, we see depictions of Satanism that are truly End of the Age. We see the symbol of Antichrist, the Unicorn. We see the evil Voldemort drinking the blood of the Unicorn. Not only is drinking of blood forbidden in Scripture, but Satanists do it consistently. Further, as we explain, this drinking of the blood of the unicorn delivers a very strong message as to how the people will relate ultimately to Antichrist.

Lastly, the achievement of Eternal Life -- drinking the Elixir of Life -- is firmly and directly tied to the number, '666'!

Truly, Harry Potter is Satanic to the core, so much so I cannot believe Christian ministries that falsely assured parents that Potter is all right for their children to read have actually ever read the book!

Truly, the Bible is so correct when it says:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." [Philippians 4:8]

"Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils." [1 Corinthians 10:21] You cannot allow your child to read Harry Potter Monday through Saturday, and then expect them to love Jesus Christ on Sunday; and yet, this is precisely what too many Christian parents are doing!

"... Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." [Revelation 18:4b]. From Genesis through Revelation, God demands His people separate themselves from the evil around them! SEPARATE! SEPARATE! SEPARATE! Jesus says:

Then, Jesus said: "If ye love me, keep my commandments." [John 14:15]

"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." [John 15:10] You cannot hope to have your child experience the "fullness of joy" that the Holy Spirit gives to obedient believers if you allow them to fill their minds with this type of Satanic pollution!

Read More Here:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1397.cfm

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

"As a former witch, I highly recommend Exposing Harry Potter and Witchcraft - to parents, to teachers, and even to practitioners of the Craft" (Pam Bolton, Oregon).

"I found Exposing Harry Potter and Witchcraft to be a refreshingly sane look at Wicca." (Mark Bishop, Ex-Occultist, TX).

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What should be the Christian view of Harry Potter?

Christian view Harry Potter

Question: "What should be the Christian view of Harry Potter?"

Answer: As the popularity of the Harry Potter series continues to grow, Christian parents are left with some difficult questions. Some believe that the magical world of Harry Potter is little more than harmless fun and fantasy. Others fear that these books and movies are an invitation to the occult. Regardless of a parent's viewpoint, Harry Potter has become unavoidable, as he now boldly lines the shelves of children's bookstores, public libraries, and schools. Without question, Christians should have some concerns and need to use careful discernment in deciding whether or not to allow their children to indulge themselves in the world of Harry Potter.

Harry Potter books and films are full of stereotypical magic. Witchcraft and wizardry are central themes, and the lead roles are played by wizards, witches, and other magical creatures. Although the characters practice casting spells, reading crystal balls, etc., they do not communicate with spiritual (supernatural) forces. While this may be considered a positive, one definite negative is that there is no higher power to answer to at all.

Unlike other fantasy children's stories that contain witches and the like, such as C.S. Lewis' “The Chronicles of Narnia,” Harry Potter does not have a positive biblical worldview. The distinction between good and bad can become blurred as both the "good" and "evil" characters participate in different types witchcraft and magic. The Bible clearly condemns all kinds of witchcraft, sorcery and spiritism (Deuteronomy 18:10-11). Philippians 4:8 tells us to "fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable." So does this mean that all Christians should avoid Harry Potter altogether?

For some families, the answer to this is yes. The Harry Potter series may not be for young or spiritually immature children, as they may not have the ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy, right and wrong, or good and evil. At best, they may be left confused about God's views about the occult, and at worst, they may become enchanted by the magical existence of Harry and his friends, becoming desensitized to occultic lifestyles. In addition, there are issues such as violence, lying, and mildly foul language that each Christian family will be sensitive to at different levels.

On the other hand, there are positive aspects to Harry Potter. Love is shown through selflessness and self-sacrifice; Harry's own mother died to save him. There is a sense of justice, as good always triumphs over evil. Harry faces his fears and finds courage, even risking his own life for greater good. Friendships are defined by loyalty and unending devotion, even to the point of death.

To any family that is facing the debate with their children about whether or not they should be allowed to watch or read Harry Potter, good advice is found in the Scriptures: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7). The Bible tells us that God cares about what happens to us, and so we should give all of our worries to Him (1 Peter 5:7).

Christian parents have the responsibility to not only teach their children about the virtues that please God, but also about the spiritual forces that we are up against (Ephesians 6:12). When a child gets to a point where he or she has a personal relationship with God, and is able to fully discern between what is good and bad according to God's standards, reading Harry Potter books or watching the movies can serve as not only entertainment, but can empower parents to raise up wise Christian thinkers.

Recommended Resource: Bible Answers for Almost all Your Questions by Elmer Towns.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Harry Potter
A new twist to Witchcraft

This page is for those who seek truth about the book series Harry Potter. Many think it is just harmless fantasy. True it is fantasy, but it is laced with witchcraft and demonology as are most books like it. Many say it gets children reading books who never would do so. I give you this tid-bit to ponder on. If your child did not like to take medicine and you had a chocolate drink with the medicine, plus arsenic in it, would you give it to them? You would if you did not know it was in there and what arsenic was. It is the same scenario with fantasy especially when it is laced with the poison of witchcraft.

Matthew 13: 9-16, who hath ears to hear, let him hear. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Some of you see nothing wrong with a book about fantasy, mythology, or witchcraft and some of you so called believers will see nothing wrong with mixing the occult with God, and with that, I give you 1st Timothy 4:1-2.

1st. Timothy 4:1-2 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

There are many books out about Witchcraft but none so cleverly packaged like the latest. Satan is up to his old tricks again and the main focus is the children of the world. The latest craze is a series of books by author J. K. Rowling, known as Harry Potter.

The scramble to get the books is not just for children. Just as many adults are amused and are absorbing the content of these books. And what is sickening, Christians, or so-called Christians, are part of the fan club. I knew nothing of Harry Potter until mail started coming in asking if it was ok for teachers in Christian schools to be reading children books about mythology and witchcraft!!!! Did you read that correctly? In Christian schools!!!!!

Are we now so far gone that the church can't tell what Witchcraft is? Preachers are not doing what they are supposed to do. They are to expose this trash and inform the flock. But they join in the festivities and will not rock the boat. Halloween is accepted in the church and many of the so-called Christians fight hard when told they should not take part. Now just as Halloween is an abomination to God, so is writing books that glorify witchcraft or any kind of mythology.

The whole purpose of these books is to desensitize readers and introduce them to the occult. What a better way to introduce tolerance and acceptance of what God calls an abomination, then in children's books? If you can get them when they are young, then you have them for life. It’s the oldest marketing scheme there is.

Who is Harry Potter?

Harry is a nobody, treated like dirt by the aunt and uncle who begrudgingly inherited him when his parents were killed. For the first 10 years of his life Harry sleeps in a cupboard under the stairs of his only living family who loathe him never realizing he's special.

A mysterious letter, delivered by the friendly giant Hagrid, wrenches Harry from his dreary, Muggle hidden existence: "We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Harry finds himself at Hogwarts surrounded by wizards, his snowy owl - Hedwig, a phoenix-feather wand, and jellybeans that come in every flavor, including strawberry, snot, grass, and sardine ... and that's where the real adventure--humorous, haunting, and suspenseful begins.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone first published in England as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Note how the adults are depicted as hateful and perhaps strict. Then note how these wizards and other creatures are the good guys. These types of writings are nothing more then Satan's way to undermine the family. Kids get these books and then live in a fantasy world and rebel against there parents. Here is a quote from the author: "The idea that we could have a child who escapes from the confines of the adult world and goes somewhere where he has power, both literally and metaphorically, really appealed to me."

Note what she says about the child having power? What she is saying is that the child needs to have power and control over parents and also to have the power of the occult. The author also uses occult terms in her thinking. Look at this new age phrase. "I have a very visual imagination. I see it, then I try to describe what is in my mind's eye," This minds eye concept is the heart of the new age movement. It is the ability to escape ones confines of this world and to explore the other dimensions of existence. For more info on the new age movement, check out this site. New Age

Keep these books and their teachings from your child. It is supposed to be a 7 book series, which 3 have already been published. I will add more info about the author and the books as it comes to my attention. Some teachers are reading these books to their classes. They are pagans using the school system to spread their agenda. Your tax dollars are being used to promote Witchcraft and no one is coming against it. Now read a bible or mention Jesus in school and your locked up. Pagans state that theirs is a bona-fide religion with the same rights as Christianity. So why are they allowed to teach it in the schools?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement