Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » JESUS THE MESSIAH WOULD BE GOD HIMSELF (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: JESUS THE MESSIAH WOULD BE GOD HIMSELF
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, yes, I tried it to see the set up but didn't want to wait for my dial-up to dry-up.
It is slower than my wife serving me coffee.
(yeah, I wish)

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about an hour long I think. It plays on Media Player, Real Player, or Quicktime. Real Player has a 28K version.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, I will check it out also.

I'm on dial-up, will it take me into my retirement years before I can watch it?

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just kidding, I will check it out [Smile]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok thanks Eden

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I should have told you...this one is not a joke.

The HOPE is a really nice video that tells the story of God's plan, and it explains our Lord Jesus Christ is God.

I have the DVD at home. I'm excited to find it online.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

It never hurts to. hehehe

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The HOPE video

http://www.christiananswers.net/hope/home.html

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

All Things are possible????? [pound] [roll on floor]

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

It is easier for a rich man to get a camel through the eye of a needle,
than it is for Eden to keep the same subject on a thread.

It's Eden's fault.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Yes isn't that great....Guess who's fault that is?? [pound]

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We started out here *
and then the thread went way out there ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> * [pound]

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

OH WELL, If Eden isn't here to pick on, this isn't any fun is it ? Even if he is to blame for everything. hehe
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Keeper

Maybe a nap would help???

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your sunshine is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much!
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Well ! I have sunshine and it is too hot. I took some animals for shots today and it there was too much noise. My tiller gave me a hard time starting. My wife is being hard to get along with. No one responded to my post yesterday about government attacks on Christians.
Too much junk mail. More bad news about government attacks on us. Eden !

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

It's 2:02. Sorry Eden, I still have clouds! It's (again) officially... your fault!

I still love you though [Big Grin]

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Sun is shemesh in hebrew. (Just in case it can't be found).

-

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I'm glad you are having a better day Betty! [hug]

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And on you too! A lot!
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FoundInHim,

I hope today is a better day for you. Son got my lap top back together and it is working. Only the keyboard is messed up so I have to type slow and carefully, but I feel much better.
May God shine His blessing on both you and Carol.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

That's Great LoL! I'm wondering how Betty's day is though... Betty, Do you have sunshine today? [angel3] [angel3] [angel3]

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just enough time to get ready!

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

[pound] [roll on floor]
Well if we are a little off, it wouldn't be the first time. Eden just brings this out in one I guess. Oops, it's only 1:23. He still has over 30 min left. My bad.

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Do you think we're off topic?
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

I'll bet Eden has lots of sunshine. (Good thing too when you compare fig leaves to wool).

-

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Well, it's 12:47 my time, so that time is expired for me. I will settle for 2:00 my time. But that's as far as I will stretch it today. These clouds have got to go!

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Found in Him:
You know what Eden? I'm not having a real good day here... and you've just happen to add to it. I have had an hour and 15 minutes sleep in the last 48 hours. My car was left parked outside last night and 3 of the 5 windows are destroyed. I thought that someone was attempting to break into my bedroom window... I have spoken to cops, cleaned up glass. cleaned blood off of myself from the glass. I'm sitting here shaking... came to hopefully find encouragement and read your words.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks Eden. I hope that you have a wonderful day in The Lord.

Love,
Jeannie

Matt.12

[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Let not your fear bind you.

Luke.22

[36] Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Get yourself a hand gun then go to the range and learn how to use it properly.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Okay. He's got until noon.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Well, as Christians, maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt? You know, like a grace period?

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Don't know. He's kinda slow on the sunshine. He'll probably make some excuse about April showers...blah!
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

And I have clouds as well???

I'm not so sure this guy can be trusted, you Carol??

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden,

How come my day off turned cold and cloudy?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Ok, but if by some chance it's not a good day. We will blame Eden because you said we could. [angel3] [angel3]

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Awright Ladies. Nuf Pitty Party.

When each of you get up Saturday Morning, the rest of us insist that you wake up with a Happy Face and all will change for the best. OK?
[Smile]

(if by some chance it turns out not so good, blame it on Eden) But don't worry, it's gonna be just great!

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FoundInHim and Carol,

Thank you both. We had such a bad day that we skipped lunch. At 10:30 tonight we drove to Denny's and ate breakfast for supper. I am praying for both of you. I love you both.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Hi Betty,

That goes for me too

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I am truly sorry about the lap-top and your other troubles as well Betty. I hear you on the frustrations of the day... this too was a tough one for me.

Sometimes we just need that encouragement and peace. I pray too that those who come here to this board will find words of hope, encouragement and love.

Please Bless my Sister Lord with a very special touch of Your peace, joy and glorious presence.. in Jesus name I pray.

[hug]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

There must be something in the air. My cat knocked a glass of tea on my laptop and blew it out. My husband and I are at odds and everything we attempted today has had issues.
It is 8:20p.m. and were have been so upset that we have not had lunch yet.
Praying for a peace, calm, happy day tomorrow for all that comes to this board.
betty

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Found in Him,
I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. I pray that the Lord helps calm your nerves.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Thanks Carol,

He is The same God, through good times and bad isn't He?

Now if I could just stop shaking! I'm not sure what's going on with me...Maybe nerves?? I really don't care about the car or any damages to property, that's all replaceable or fixable. I'm safe- That's what I'm thankful for.

I'm gonna try to lay down now.

Thanks Carol for your words of encouragement.

[zzzzzz]

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him,

I'm sorry to hear you've had these troubles. I hope you're okay? Here is something that might give you encouragement.

The lesson of the mustard seed is taught in Mark 4:30-32. It is immediately followed by a practical lesson.

Mark 4:35 - 41 (NLT)

35 As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” 36 So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). 37 But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. 38 Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” 39 When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the water, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. 40 Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”

He had been teaching His disciples the Word and now He would give them a practical test to see how much they had really learned. After all, the hearing of God’s Word is intended to produce faith (Rom. 10:17); and faith must always be tested. It is not enough for us merely to learn a lesson or be able to repeat a teaching. We must also be able to practice that lesson by faith, and that is one reason why God permits trials to come to our lives.

Did Jesus know that the storm was coming? Of course He did! The storm was a part of that day’s curriculum. It would help the disciples understand a lesson that they did not even know they needed to learn: Jesus can be trusted in the storms of life. (Wiersbe)

"This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (I John 5:4).

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

And thanks Daniel as well. I will do better today in self examination. I hope that you too have a wonderful day in The Lord.

Peace.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

You know what Eden? I'm not having a real good day here... and you've just happen to add to it. I have had an hour and 15 minutes sleep in the last 48 hours. My car was left parked outside last night and 3 of the 5 windows are destroyed. I thought that someone was attempting to break into my bedroom window... I have spoken to cops, cleaned up glass. cleaned blood off of myself from the glass. I'm sitting here shaking... came to hopefully find encouragement and read your words.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks Eden. I hope that you have a wonderful day in The Lord.

Love,
Jeannie

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Found in Him,
The reason that I am asking you the question that I am is because much of your posting on these subjects has not been from the stand-point of "we are pupils, lets learn together.......but more rather that you are teaching us what is absolute........that is why I will say that I agree or disagree and give an explanation.

Personally, I do not feel that you should be offended by whether or not someone says that they agree or disagree---especially, if they are courteous and go on to explain why they agree or disagree. I realize these specific issues are not vital in the sense of a make or brake between being saved and not being saved, but nevertheless they still are issues that do come up at times for discussion.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him wrote to oneinchrist
quote:

Each disciple is a pupil of The Lord and should seek His approval and not necessarily the approval or agreement of others on their opinion or how they interpret scripture.

There is not always going to be agreement among the Brethren on doctrine, I accept that. I seek the approval of The Lord, not others.

Okay, easy to say, but how does this approval of the Lord manifest itself to you? What if the Lord manifests His approval by what the brethren think of what you have to say, eh?

Found in Him continued
quote:
We all believe as we are persuaded. If another does not agree, why does it need a special note of respect or further discussion? They simply just don't agree, right?
If that is indeed your opinion, Found in Him, then it surprises me that at times you have loudly proclaimed "WHY do you have to make comments like THAT, Eden!!!", or similar outbursts, if "they simply just don't agree"?

Found in Him continued
quote:
If I feel that my views are "indisputable" or "approved of God"-- isn't that honestly between the Lord and I?
And that is also a convenient way to test the truth of what we have learned, by saying, Oh, it's between me and the Lord". I don't think the Lord works that way, I think He tests our views by making us rub "iron against iron", not "iron against gold".

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Daniel,

I'm not sure why you feel that you need to ask the question that you are? I will answer you according to why I said that the issue of studying The word of God is for approval that comes from God.

Paul wrote to Timothy and exhorted him to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Tim 2:15)

Each disciple is a pupil of The Lord and should seek His approval and not necessarily the approval or agreement of others on their opinion or how they interpret scripture.

There is not always going to be agreement among the Brethren on doctrine, I accept that. I seek the approval of The Lord, not others.

We all believe as we are persuaded. If another does not agree, why does it need a special note of respect or further discussion? They simply just don't agree, right?

If I feel that my views are "indisputable" or "approved of God"-- isn't that honestly between The Lord and I?

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hi Betty,
Yes, I agree that the bible teaches those things. Even though the bible doesnt use the words "rapture" or "trinity" it is generally understood to mean the "catching away" and the "Father, Son, Holy Spirit respectively. In my post to Found in Him, I am questioning her on some of her more specific views regarding those subjects. For ex: the belief that the rapture precedes the Great tribulation and the belief that there is no chain of authority in the Godhead. I am asking her if she considers her entire view on those subjects to be factual in the sense that her views have either been "approved by God" as true or in the sense that Gods Word clearly dictates her position as indisputeable.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Daniel,

I am not FoundInHim, but the Bible does teach the Trinity and the rapture.
betty

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hi again Found in Him,
So then, in reference to your study on the topics of "the rapture" and "the trinity", do you feel that you have recieved approval from God that you are rightly dividing the truth? In other words, do you consider your view to be fact and not opinion?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement