Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » WHICH JESUS Do YOU SERVE?? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: WHICH JESUS Do YOU SERVE??
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, becauseHElives, so let's one of the things that you said "Jesus should have been to you":

He said unless you forsake all you have, you cannot be His disciple.
-Luke 14:33

So tell me, becauseHElives, since you preach it and exhort us thereby, have you yourself forsaken all, and what does that forsaking consist of in your life?

I suppose you still live in a fairly comfortable house in the USA?

And I suppose that you have a car that takes you to the places that you want to go?

And I suppose you have some money in the bank "for a rainy day"?

Luke 14:33

So becauseHElives, besides SAYING to the Lord, "Lord, everything I have is yours", that is easy to say:

Matthew 9:5
For which is EASIER, TO SAY, Your sins are forgiven you; or to say, Arise and walk?

I know we can all "say" stuff, but in what have you yourself set the example for us to follow, as Paul said:

Corinthians 4:16
Wherefore I beseech you, be you followers of me.

Thank you, Eden
"So tell me, brother becauseHElives..."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is all of these things to me that you mentioned:

There seems to be more than one Jesus to choose from these days.
Which one is the true Jesus and who am I following?

· There's a 'seeker friendly' Jesus, he's the one who will not
offend anyone in anyway. He loves everyone no mater what they do.

· There's a 'sow and reap' Jesus, he made a covenant with man
so that man could sow his seed and reap wealth and happiness on
earth and then go to heaven when he dies.

· There's a 'blend in with the world' Jesus, he wants us to look
like, act like, and be like the world in order to reach the lost.

· There's a 'neverending grace' Jesus, his 'grace' covers us no
matter what we do or how we live.

· There's a 'just believe' Jesus. As long as you truly believe
in your heart, you're saved.

· There's a 'name it claim it' Jesus. You name it; anything and
it's yours! If you don't get it, it's because you lack faith. It's your
fault.

· There's a 'carnal' Jesus. He doesn't expect you to overcome
sin, he understands you're just carnal.

· There's a 'heart dwelling' Jesus. All you have to do is ask
him into your heart and voilà, he's there. You're going to heaven!

Jesus is all of these things to me and more and more of those,

Eden
"You're everything I've prayed and waited for"

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many here have studied the Passover story in Exodus? [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Exodus 12....
7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
9 Eat not of it raw, nor sodden [cooked] at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the pertinence thereof.
10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.

John.... 53And Jesus said to them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, you cannot have any life in you unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood [unless you appropriate His life and the saving merit of His blood].

54He who feeds on My flesh and drinks My blood has (possesses now) eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.

55For My flesh is true and genuine food, and My blood is true and genuine drink.

56He who feeds on My flesh and drinks My blood dwells continually in Me, and I [in like manner dwell continually] in him.

57Just as the living Father sent Me and I live by (through, because of) the Father, even so whoever continues to feed on Me [whoever takes Me for his food and is nourished by Me] shall [in his turn] live through and because of Me.

continues to feed on Me.....verse 57 of John

this is what people can not comprehend.....

eternal life is contingent on continually feeding upon Yahshua's words.......

Exodus 12

But mark carefully the lamb is to be eaten with "unleavened bread and bitter herbs". In Scripture "leaven" uniformly symbolizes evil. The lesson taught here is of vital importance. It is only as we are separated from what is repugnant to Divine holiness that we can really feed upon Christ. While we are indulging known sin there can be no communion with Him. It is only as we "walk in the light as He is in the light" that the blood of God’s Son cleanseth us from all sin and "we have fellowship one with another" (1 John 1:7). The "bitter herbs" speak of the remorse of conscience in the Christian. We cannot have "fellowship with His sufferings" (Phil. 3:10) without remembering what it was that made those sufferings needful, namely, our sins, and the remembrance of these cannot but produce a chastened spirit.

Exodus 12:9. "Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire" (v. 9). How very explicit—rather, how carefully God preserved the accuracy of the type! In the previous verse we read, "eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire", here, "eat not of it raw". The Israelites were to feed not only upon that where death had done its work, but upon that which had been subjected to the fire. Solemn indeed is this. "It is appointed unto men once to die, and after this the judgment" (Heb. 9:27). These are two separate things. For the lost, death is not all, nor even the worst that awaits them. After death is "judgment," the judgment of a sin-hating God. Therefore if Christ was to take the place of His sinful people and suffer what was righteously due them, He must not only die, but pass under and through the judgment of God. "Fire" here, as ever, speaks of the wrath of a holy God. It tells of Christ being "made sin for us" (2 Cor. 5:21), and consequently being "made a curse for us" (Gal. 3:13) and as such, enduring the judgment of God. Speaking anticipatively by the Spirit, through the prophet Jeremiah, the Savior said, "Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto My sorrow, which is done Unto Me, wherewith the Lord hath afflicted Me in the day of His fierce anger. From above hath He sent fire into My bones". It was this which caused Him to also say through the Psalmist, "My moisture is turned into the drought of summer" (Ps. 32:4). And this it is which, in its deepest meaning, explains His cry from the Cross—"I thirst". His "thirst" was the effect of the agony of His soul in the fierce heat of God’s wrath. It told of the drought of the land where the living God is not. "Not sodden (boiled) at all with water", because water would have hindered the direct action of the fire.

"His head with his legs, and with the purtenance (inwards) thereof" (v. 9). "The head, no doubt, expresses the thoughts and counsels with which the walk (the legs) keep perfect company. The inwards are those affections of His heart which were the motive-power impelling Him upon the path He trod. In all, the fire brought forth nothing but sweet savor; for men, it prepared the food of their true life; all is absolutely perfect; and all is ours to appropriate. Occupation with the person of Christ is thus impressed upon us; we need this. Not the knowledge of salvation alone will suffice us; it is the One who saves whom we need. Christ for our hearts alone keeps and sanctifies them, (Mr. Grant).

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only One Jesus. The confusion comes from man as to who He is.

If you want to really know, he had offered a total description called the Word, and some do their best to help you understand what He said.

On the other hand, there are some who take only the teachings from man and what he has to say about it. Without following up on their introduction or teachings you have not tested the teacher, so you may loose.

Read the bible every day and figure it out for yourself. Need help, go to the Holy Spirit.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I serve Jesus of Nazareth; He alone is "My Lord and My God":

John 20:28
Then Thomas said to Him, "My LORD and my God".

That's the Jesus I serve and love.

Eden of Chilmad, not currently in Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There seems to be more than one Jesus to choose from these days.
Which one is the true Jesus and who am I following?

· There's a 'seeker friendly' Jesus, he's the one who will not
offend anyone in anyway. He loves everyone no mater what they do.

· There's a 'sow and reap' Jesus, he made a covenant with man
so that man could sow his seed and reap wealth and happiness on
earth and then go to heaven when he dies.

· There's a 'blend in with the world' Jesus, he wants us to look
like, act like, and be like the world in order to reach the lost.

· There's a 'neverending grace' Jesus, his 'grace' covers us no
matter what we do or how we live.

· There's a 'just believe' Jesus. As long as you truly believe
in your heart, you're saved.

· There's a 'name it claim it' Jesus. You name it; anything and
it's yours! If you don't get it, it's because you lack faith. It's your
fault.

· There's a 'carnal' Jesus. He doesn't expect you to overcome
sin, he understands you're just carnal.

· There's a 'heart dwelling' Jesus. All you have to do is ask
him into your heart and voilà, he's there. You're going to heaven!

Truth:

· There's the Jesus who said "Repent and believe the gospel,
the kingdom of God is at hand." -Mark 1:15

He said, "Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him." -Lk 9:23-25

He said without Him you are already condemned. -John 3:18

He said He came to save the world -John 3:16

-Luke 14:33

He said if we love anyone more than Him we are not worthy of Him.
-Matt 10:37-39

He said if you love this life you'll lose it. -John 12:25-26

He said you cannot serve God and money. -Matt 6:24

He said fear God who can destroy both body and soul in hell. -Mt 10:28

He said be extreme in your war against sin. -Matt 18:8-9

He said love God with all your heart, soul and mind and your
neighbour as yourself. -Matt 22:37-39

He said He is the light of the world. -John 8:12

He said the gate is narrow and the way is difficult and few find it.
-Matt 7:13-14

He said those who believe in Him but work iniquity will be
cast out. -Matt 7:21-23

He said you'll be hated for His name's sake, but if you endure to
the end, you'll be saved. -Matt 10:22

He said I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to
the Father but by Me. -John 14:6

Which Jesus do you serve?

Which Jesus do you serve?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement