Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » PROOF THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: PROOF THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my understanding that some people think, based upon some of Paul words, that all jews will repent and be saved...........but I think that Revelation shows us that there are only a certain number of numbers that will be saved.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
I also believe in the rapture, but I am just not convinced that the "great tribulation" comes after it. Jesus speaks of a time of "great tribulation" that precedes His coming in Matthew 24. Personally, I believe the great tribulation began long ago.......and when Jesus returns I am afraid that there will be no more time for repentance.

The Jewish nation will be brought to repentance in the tribulation period. God has not and will not forget them.

Zechariah 13
Ezekiel 20
Ezekiel 22
Jeremiah 30
Daniel 12
The Apostle Peter tells the Jewish nation that it will not see Jesus again until its people:
“Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time” Acts 3:19- 21
I am studying this right now...
This scripture is interesting.1) Paul says to repent and return,2) That The Father may send Jesus,3) whom heaven must keep 4) until the restoration of all things-- which has been prophesied.
They must and will return to God. It is written.

Zechariah 12:10 (King James Version)
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

If you study the scriptures I would like your input on these too. I would also like more scriptures on this. I find the Lord's love for the Jewish people INCREDIBLE! The bible says He is "jealous" over them-- I find that irresistible!
That's our Lord!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also believe in the rapture, but I am just not convinced that the "great tribulation" comes after it. Jesus speaks of a time of "great tribulation" that precedes His coming in Matthew 24. Personally, I believe the great tribulation began long ago.......and when Jesus returns I am afraid that there will be no more time for repentance.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's Church does not believe in the rapture, but that is okay I love her anyway. Me, I pray every day for the rapture.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for me...I'm gonna enjoy my righteousness.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fig tree, Israel, 1948, at the door... In a corrupt generation it is sad that so many stay in he dark and walk in it and choose to flee for the Light, the Life, and the Truth. Let's face it, be ready to stand 2 Corinthians 6:7) "By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left"

Isaiah 43:2) "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
FOUND IN HIM....Ref. the scriptures I posted out of Ezekiel 13...The only reason I posted them was because of the false prophets and the troubles that come at the end. Some of the issues in those scriptures relate to the end times, but I thought that the last part about God tearing the righteous out of the hands of the deceivers was interesting. He spoke of hail storms, whitewashing the facts, etc. That's all.

And here I thought you were a mid-tribber from that!

Read into that one wrong! oops, sorry!

Some strongly do not believe in the rapture and I really do like to pick on em. It anit nice but it's fun!

[angel3] did I say that?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM....Ref. the scriptures I posted out of Ezekiel 13...The only reason I posted them was because of the false prophets and the troubles that come at the end. Some of the issues in those scriptures relate to the end times, but I thought that the last part about God tearing the righteous out of the hands of the deceivers was interesting. He spoke of hail storms, whitewashing the facts, etc. That's all.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

If is a very large small word here.

When God reveals a thing will there be an if?

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 16:

18) And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath

Revelation 11:

10) And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11)And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12) And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 )And the same hour was there a great earthquake , and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Could it be that the same earthquake of great magnitude also is the same earthquake that occurs after the two prophets are taken up to heaven. If so thus it concludes that this is the same earthquake from two different points of view.

and even furthermore, Revelation 8:8) And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood

Think about it, when an asteroid hits the earth, wouldn't it result in an huge brake the scale sort of earth quake, thus concluding that the great mountain burning with fire causes the earthquake right after the two prophets prophesy "a thousand two hundred and threescore days" as spoken of in Revelation 11:3! Think about it. This would therefore conclude that revelations has multiple view points for the same set of events and consider that it is written by God's Holy Spirit and the word tends to have a much deeper meaning then at first glance!

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

To me If they are hidden then why did God say not to write them down?

I try to keep in mind as I read the scriptures The heart of the Father. God is love and seals or reveals for His own purposes and plan. I don't want to question His words.

To me we were warned not to add-- not to take away.

wouldn't comparing these verses and guessing that there might be a hidden message be adding?

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

quote:
Originally posted by Found in Him:
I guess I'm not clear on what you are saying.

God said, "no" to seal it up.

?

Revelation 22

18) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Now think about it, the seven thunders were not written direct down when John saw them and everything in revelation must come to pass. Seeing that no one can add to revelation, nor take away from it, as I said before but I will say it in a diffrent way, is it therefore possible that the seven thunders are hidden in the Book of Revelation?

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I guess I'm not clear on what you are saying.

God said, "no" to seal it up.

?

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

quote:
Originally posted by Found in Him:
Jesus always has and always will get the last word. Revelation 22:20

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

He wins! [Big Grin]

Now think about these two verses Revelation 22:18-19) You can't add on and yet you can't take away now look at this verse where John is told to seal the seven thunders

Revelation 10:4) And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Think about it and what these verses combined are saying. If one could not add on to the book, nor take away, couldn't it be feasible that the seven thunders are in revelation! [Eek!]

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Jesus always has and always will get the last word. Revelation 22:20

These are the last days. Mark 13:28

He is The first and the last. The beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

His last words of the bible say:

Revelation 22
Jesus Is Coming
7"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

10Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near. 11Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy."

12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

17The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

He wins! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

I think this meditation is well placed here, please consider it as always.

1 Thessalonians 3:8) For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

Hebrews 10:23) “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised”.

Why stand fast, why hold fast, because this world is venom to the soul, toxic and harmful, when the bible speaks of the falling away in the faith how big is it! When people will have tendency to fall into perdition and destruction because they chose not to stand fast in the Lord, but rather to drift away from his love! O I say that the day of the Lord is coming! 1 Corinthians 15:52) “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” and Matthew 24:27) “For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Now all those in Christ shall resurrect first and Revelation 20:6) “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

This day we are to be watching for, but those temporal elements and rudiments of the world which will fade away and die, we must not get distracted by, lest the Lord come and we are not watching, Luke 12:39) “And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.” And this is a warning from the Lord, that we all need to heed, lest he catch us sleeping and we know what happen to that servant

Luke 12:

45) But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46) The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

People tend to forget that Psalm 90:4) “For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.” unto the Lord. “and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming”, o how terrible it is when people act like they have all the time in the world. Like the life of a man is much length and won’t wither away like a flower. O how terrible it is when people underestimate or fail to understand time from a heavenly perspective, not realizing 2 Peter 3:8) “that one day is with the Lord a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” Jesus was preaching the gospel saying that the kingdom of heaven is at hand, and that was a bit under 2000 years ago!

Mark 13:28) “Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.” Now look at the year 1948 and see what event took place and unfolded.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Alright I will stop picking. I need to get to bed. But if He comes in the night and -takes- anyone away..I'll c-ya there.

peace

i win [Smile]

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

here, have a little friend for you...

[BooHoo]

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

cha ching

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
Yes it is. Those are the scriptures. Where do you suppose they are to fly to ?

Fly?
who?
Matthew 24
36 “However, no one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even
the angels in heaven or the Son himself.* Only the Father knows.
37 “When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. 38 In those days
before the Flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to
the time Noah entered his boat. 39 People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the
Flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.
40 “Two men will be working together in the field; one will be taken, the other left. 41 Two
women will be grinding flour at the mill; one will be taken, the other left. 42 So be prepared,
because you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.

Taken...
Taken where?

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Yes it is. Those are the scriptures. Where do you suppose they are to fly to ?
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this relevant for end times? if so-- scriptures please?

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Ezekiel 13: 18 And say, Thus saith the Lord God;Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of My people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?
19 And will ye pollute Me among My People for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live,by your lying to My People that hear your lies?
20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver My People out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad;and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life;

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

oooooooooooh yea!

Gentlemen, Start your engines!

John 14
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."

The Coming of the Lord
13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

Revelation 19
Hallelujah!
6Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
"Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
8Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)

9Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."

1 Corinthians 15
51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 John 3
2Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,[a]we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

Revelation 3
3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Titus 2
13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Matthew 24:42-44
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

1Thessalonians 1:10
"...and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead - Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath."

2Thessalonians 2:3
"Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction."

2Thessalonians 2:6
"And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way."

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PROOF THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS

LUKE 21: AND CHRIST SAID TO THEM: NATION WILL RISE AGAINST NATION, AND KINGDOM AGAINST KINGDOM. AND THERE WILL BE GREAT EARTHQUAKES IN VARIOUS PLACES, AND FAMINES AND PESTILENCES, AND THERE WILL BE FEARFUL SIGHTS AND GREAT SIGNS FROM HEAVEN. AND THERE WILL BE SIGNS IN THE SUN, IN THE MOON, AND IN THE STARS; AND ON THE EARTH DISTRESS OF NATIONS, WITH PERPLEXITY, THE SEA AND THE WAVES ROARING; MENS HEARTS FAILING THEM FROM FEAR AND THE EXPECTATION OF THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE COMING ON THE EARTH, FOR THE POWERS OF THE HEAVENS WILL BE SHAKEN. THEN THEY WILL SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY.

With the chaos and uncertainty growing around the world almost daily, more people than ever should be preparing for the event that will bring about the climax to human history, and the restoration of all things, in other words, a NEW Heaven, and a NEW Earth: The Second Coming of Christ. The Bible describes how God's plan for a personal relationship with man had a definite beginning (with Adam almost 6000 years ago) and will have a definite end, climaxing in the return of Jesus Christ. God does indeed declare "the end from the beginning". The Bible contains many prophetic scriptures concerning world events, the nation of Israel, and Jesus Christ. Many have been already confirmed by history, while others relate to what the Bible terms "the last days".

Prophecies of the Old Testament, the early apostles and Christ himself all speak openly of "signs" that will herald the close of this age. So clear are these descriptions that we, today, can have no doubt that we are living in those last days. Perhaps the best known passage of scripture is in Matthew 24:3-31. These "signs" will be manifest in all aspects of life: the nations, their alignment and conflicts; nature; religious confusion and hypocrisy; society and the family; technology and knowledge; and Christian revival.

SIGNS IN NATURE: The cataclysmic tsunami resulting from perhaps the largest earthquake in history, and killing over a hundred thousand at the end of 2004, " THE SEAS AND THE WAVES ROARING", we have never seen more signs than now that the last days are here. The 20th century witnessed a marked increase in earthquake activity with millions being killed. It has been estimated that the incidence of earthquakes has doubled every ten years since 1950. Witness the massive earthquake in Iran at the end of 2003 that killed tens of thousands, "AND THERE WILL BE GREAT EARTHQUAKES IN VARIOUS PLACES". Similarly we have seen hundreds of thousands die of disease and starvation, "AND FAMINES AND PESTILENCES".

Today, man lives in fear of catastrophic changes that are occurring in the world's weather patterns: more extreme temperatures, more severe cyclones, floods and droughts. In space, comets are coming out of nowhere and are making close calls to the earth, such as the 1996 Comet Hyakutake, or the 1997 Hale Bopp comet. A direct hit of even a small comet would be catastrophic. The sun has never been more unstable, with solar storms at an all time high. "AND THERE WILL BE SIGNS IN THE SUN, IN THE MOON, AND IN THE STARS". As well, there is concern over the harm that is being done to the earth through man's tampering and weather manipulation with mechanisms like HAARP, and through pollution and depletion of natural resources.

SOCIETY AND THE FAMILY: The Bible also foretells a breakdown in society and morals: '"this know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God" (2 Timothy 3:1-4).

What better words could describe our time and generation? Crime rates continue to soar around the world, as does the incidence of domestic violence and marital breakdown This generation's desire to please "self' first has severe repercussions on social behavior and people's expectation for the future. Drugs, alcohol and other pleasures so heavily pursued by many provide only temporary escape from man's deep unhappiness and discontent. Depression is driving many to suicide (particularly amongst our youth); while mental disorders and nervous breakdowns are more prevalent today than ever before.

INCREASED KNOWLEDGE: In Daniel 12:4 we read: "But thou, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: but many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased". Our generation has seen a breathtaking increase in knowledge and technology, unimaginable to those of even a hundred years ago. Advances in communication, transport medicine, materials science, electronics, and nuclear physics, to name a few, are products of this age of increased knowledge and opportunity which the Bible refers to as the "times of the end".

Despite man's preoccupation with knowledge and academic pursuits, Paul warns that many are "Ever learning, and never coming to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:7). Their desire for knowledge is misdirected. And: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables" (2 Timothy 4:3-4).
GREAT BUT USELESS RICHES: The most powerful economy in the world, America, is on the brink of economic collapse. It's currency is rapidly losing value, it's jobs are going to foreign dictatorships like China, from within it is being overun by illegal aliens, and all of this is being allowed to happen by leaders who have sold out, and betrayed America. The Bible says "Go now you rich men, weep and howl for your miseries which shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted . . . Your silver and gold are cankered; and the rust of them shall be as a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as if it were fire. You have heaped together treasure for the last days" (James 5:1-3) Pertaining to the temporary nature of wealth, and the effect of monetary inflation the Bible says: " ... and he that earns wages to put it into a bag with holes" (Haggai 1:6).

POWERLESS RELIGION: In his letter to Timothy, the apostle Paul describes the religious leaders of the last days as: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof, from such turn away" (2 Timothy 3:5). The "Christianity" most think of today is a far cry from the excitement that existed in the early Christian church. The Acts of the Apostles and the epistles (letters) of the New Testament clearly demonstrate that miracles, signs and wonders were commonplace (and to be expected) in the Church. Yet today, even those holding office in many of the mainline Christian churches deny that such things are for today. Some have even gone on record as denying that God exists!

"Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; (1 Timothy 4:1-3). The early Christian leaders, reiterating Jesus' warnings, knew that the truth of the gospel would be distorted by men and that superstitious (they called them "devilish") practices would be introduced in place of the simple message of salvation.

Jesus also warned of many that would try to deceive the innocent: " ... take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:4-5). We are assured that there will be no mistaking the return of Christ, for all will be witnesses: "And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory" (Luke 21:27).

"WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS": One of the most obvious, and indeed topical, Bible descriptions of the last days relates to international conflict. Matthew 24:6-7 reads: "And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that you be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom".

The 20th century experienced two world wars, and countless smaller ones, and the development of nuclear weapons. Since 1945 we have experienced well over 50 major wars or conflicts throughout the world, with a number bringing the major nations again to the brink of world war. Now the potential is there for the next major war to destroy the entire population of the earth. With the cataclysmic events of 9-11-2001, and the subsequent wars and chaos in the middle east, we can clearly see how the world is headed for the brink.

PERILOUS TIMES: The apostle Paul described these days as "Perilous" (2 Timothy 3:1). Professor Albert Einstein, one of the pioneers of modern physics and whose work contributed to the production of the atomic bomb, said after the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki: "Annihilation of all life on earth has been brought within the range of technical possibilities. The ghost-like character of this development lies in its apparently compulsory trend... in the end there beckons more and more clearly general annihilation". Now, some five decades later, the destructive power of the atomic bomb has been long superseded, and Einstein's concerns are all too real. The effect of nuclear weapons is clearly foretold in scripture: "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire, and pillars [literally 'palm trees" in the original Hebrew] of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord comes (Joel 2:30-31). "For behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven . .. " (Malachi 4:1). "... Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth" (Zechariah 14:12). "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up" (2 Peter 3:10). "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming upon the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken" (Luke 21:26).

ALIGNMENT OF THE NATIONS A number of Old Testament scriptures collectively provide a comprehensive prophetic message concerning God's promises to the nation of Israel (not synonymous with modern Israel) and the alignment of the nations in the last days. In summary, they tell how the southern (Islamic) nations of the Commonwealth of Independent States (previously the U.S.S.R.), in association with Libya and Ethiopia (Ezekiel 35-38), will be in direct conflict with the United States of America, nations of the British Commonwealth and their western European allies. At the center of the conflict will be modern Israel and Jerusalem, which the Bible describes as "a burdensome stone" (Zechariah 12:3).

WATCH: The many signs heralding Jesus' return were given for our benefit and encouragement, but we must recognize them. Speaking to the "religious" people of His day, Jesus said: "0h you hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky; but you can not discern the signs of the times" (Matthew 16:3). Jesus said: "Watch therefore: for you know not when the master of the house comes, at midnight, or at the **** -crowing in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch" (Mark 13:35-37).

We are living in the most remarkable time in history. But we must realize that this is the last generation, and that our future lies not in knowledge, scientific progress, or in material possessions, but in a personal relationship with God, through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible says: "Repent, and be baptized every one of you . . . and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost'' (Acts 2:38).

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement