Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » 5 LIES THAT KILL (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 5 LIES THAT KILL
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you kidding me ??????

I have been trying to figure women out since before I was born and I'm still trying.

Yes I agree with you.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yeah, I believe any and all would have failed. Christ is the only one who completely overcame, exposed and shut down the devils lies throughout the entirety of His life.

What's ur take on it?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
FOUND IN HIM...Let me ask you...If you were Eve at that time when the 5 lies were told what do you suppose you would do? It is not a fair question I don't suppose, especially now that we know what the results were.

So, let me changespeak...do you think most any man or woman would do the same? Even if it was a snake ? [happyhappy]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Have you read my testimony that I posted today????

I learned the haaaaaaarrrrrd way HOW TO OBEY!

If I would have been Eve-- women would be in labor for 72 days before giving birth-- not just in pain!!!!!!!!!

BE YE GLAD I WAS NOT HER!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...Let me ask you...If you were Eve at that time when the 5 lies were told what do you suppose you would do? It is not a fair question I don't suppose, especially now that we know what the results were.

So, let me changespeak...do you think most any man or woman would do the same? Even if it was a snake ? [happyhappy]

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Yahsway,
I read your response to mine and I agree. I put my response in this morning in a hurry as I was off to work. After I proof-read my response later in the day I realized that it was sloppy, loosely associated with Found in Him's post, and didnt make much sense. I certainly agree that the "lies" of the devil that people believe are what lead them down the path of destruction. In saying that, sexual immorality would just be outward evidence of a world falling away from God. Thanks for your heart in fellowship Yahsway.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

We will keep our minds feasting on Your word Lord!

The TRUTH sets us free!

He whom the Son sets free is....?

AMEN!

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
john 8:44)Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

O the shame and the tragedy, Satan lies to the entire world one way or another, he will either make someone believe a lie or trust in the delusions of there own mind! Mark 13:6) "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." O when the bible says many consider that Psalm 12:6) "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." O how many is a biblical many? Only 7000 were reserved during Jezebel’s reign while king Ahab just for the most part just stood aside (save when he hide certain number of prophets in a cave)! Only one in a thousand did Solomon find! Ecclesiastes 7:28) "Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found." Now imagine the FEW who are not caught in the lie of Satan compared to those many that are! O the Shame and tragedy!

Psalm 91:7) "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee."

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

I have been doing a lot of reading and listening to the news trying to catch up on the madness in congress. Those folks are absoultely insane !

It reminded me of one of the verses above: 2 Thes. 2:11 but first I will show 2:10...
10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11)And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, (a working of error) that they should believe a lie.

However, I think that if you want to really pin point the end times go to Mark 13 and read it all. It isn't that long but it will slam dunk you right into the hoop called Trib.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daniel, yes, sexual immorality is a sin, but its the lie from Satan to people that practice sexual immorality that is leading them down the wrong path.

I have heard it said that a "lie is a brother to murder".

I think about that phrase when i think about abortion.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him very thought provoking, isn't it interesting Satan in scripture is given the title the father of lie.

To me one of the most important verses of scriptures for the child of Yahweh to continually remember is 2 Thessalonians 2....

10And by unlimited seduction to evil and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing (going to perdition) because they did not welcome the Truth but refused to love it that they might be saved.

11Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false,

12In order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe in [who refused to adhere to, trust in, and rely on] the Truth, but [instead] took pleasure in unrighteousness.

One prayer that is continually on my lips and upon my heart is Father please don't let me believe any lie about my Salvation and what You desire of my life... [Prayer]

let the believer understand 1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Satan devours with lies....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the last days, which I do believe we are in, sexual immorality is at the top of the list of destructive things that lead people down the wrong path.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What will happen in the last days? What kinds of things will be destructive and lead people down the wrong path? The Bible is clear that in the last days there will be such a strong delusion that if it were possible even the elect would be deceived (Matthew 24:24). What seems white will actually be black and what seems like the truth will be a lie.

The Bible warns us about this spiritual darkness; "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20)

A way that will give us discernment in the evil days that we are living in is to learn how Satan deluded Eve in the Garden of Eden. He told her five big lies. These SAME five lies have deceived people throughout all of history and are getting much stronger in our day. Satan will use what has worked in the past and will give it a modern upgrade to fit the fast-paced world we now live in.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat" (Genesis 3:1-6)

The Five Lies that Satan told in these verses were:

1). "Yea, hath God said?"
2). "Ye shall not surely die"
3). "then your eyes shall be opened"
4). "ye shall be as gods"
5)."knowing good and evil"

1). "Yea, hath God said?"
As Satan lied to her about God's word she began to QUESTION it. She began thinking maybe what God said was not true after all. As Eve believed this first lie, she took her first step towards disobeying her Maker. This lie caused Eve to doubt what God had said to her. This first deception of Satan, starting in the Garden of Eden, and then all throughout history, has continued to get people of all cultures to doubt the word of God.

2)."Ye shall not surely die"
Satan now attempts to CONTRADICT God's word as he proclaims to Eve "Ye shall not surely die". God had already told Adam that he would die if he ate of "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Gen 2:16-17). Satan calls God a liar!

3)."then your eyes shall be opened"
Satan deceitfully continues, "then your eyes shall be opened," Could this be the lie of esotericism? Esotericism is that special hidden knowledge revealed to those who are ENLIGHTENED through the practice of occultism. It is to pursue knowledge "APART FROM" and "forbidden by GOD".

4). "ye shall be as gods"
If man considers that he is God he will believe that he will never die. He will think HE KNOWS BY HIS OWN HEART what is good and evil (relativism) and will decide his own truth because he believes he is god of his own universe! Oh, how Satan has fit these lies together so well! This dangerous lie has urged man to depend on his inner self (what they believe is the god within themselves) to determine what is right and wrong and to follow the desire of their own heart.

5."knowing good and evil"
Satan ends with: "knowing good and evil". Could this be the lie of relativism? The theory of relativism teaches that everyone HAS THEIR OWN TRUTH as long as they are sincere.
Relativism teaches that every person must follow their own path in life and it will ultimately lead them to the same ultimate goal (or to god or what they call god). Think about it, if there is no absolute truth then there is no need to trust in the Bible. This lie takes away the fear of God and His mighty judgments.

These are the last days, let us...

11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6 (New International Version)

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement