Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » 5 LIES THAT KILL (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 5 LIES THAT KILL
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds reasonable to me. To think that they were both thinking about the tree as if it were a box of cherry chocolates just don't need a carry out when I am shoppin for an answer.

Actually, the bible says nothing about Eve being all stirred up about the fruit. Me thinks that when God told her not to touch or eat it that was plum good for her. It was when a foreign body came on the scene. Now that, would make one curious and that was only the start of it. Old sulpher breath started a conversation and became the first used car salesman.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
bluefrog ask.... Why would Adam and Eve be curious about the tree? My guess is that if anything they avoided it as a done deal.
Adam was not curious, the scriptures tell us Adam was not deceived ....

Eve was tempted to listen to Satan's lies, she was curious but not Adam......

I was praying one day, about 15 years ago asking Yahweh about this (trying to answer my 3 year daughter's question "daddy what is sin) and He gave me the answer....

in explaining what sin is God said this to me...

Eve was deceived, Adam was not, Adam did what he did because of his love for his bride.....just as My Son did what He did for His love for His Bride.

God did not excuse Adam's sin, Adam was responsible for Eve, she was the weaker vessel.

Sin enter the earth through Adam not Eve....

but the motivation for Adam's actions was his great love for his bride.....

just as love for His Bride , was the motivating force that caused Yahshua to endure he Cross and the cup of Yahweh's wrath for all sin.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
It is not a sin to be tempted. It is a sin to 'obey' the temptation.
And when we are tempted, we probably do have to think about what we want to do about the temptation. So was the tree of knowledge ever a temptation to Adam and Eve?

As in Adam and Eve discussing, "Look how beautiful that fruit is, why would God say that we cannot eat of it? I don't get it. But, God said not to eat of it so we're not eating of it". But it's not like they blocked that tree of knowledge "out of their minds and never thought about it" since Adam and Eve were created with a mind "made for thinking".

And God made sure that the tree of knowledge was right beside the tree of life in the middle of the garden, so while Adam and Eve WERE eating the fruit of the tree of life, it cannot not be that they "did their best to never look in that direction".

So
quote:
It is not a sin to be tempted. It is a sin to "obey" the temptation.
love, Eden
bluefrog
unregistered

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

v16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Note: The love of or lust of is not doing, it is wanting. But all loves or lusts are not bad.

Luke 22:15 (Jesus talking here) And He said unto them, with desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer;

1 Phil 1:23 For I am in a straight betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better;

So, it is not a sin to go eat with someone or want to be with Christ, or want to remain here to pass on the gospel.
It is a sin to see someone of the opposite sex and want to get it on with them, whether you do it or not.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Desires and Lusting for something is not like Wondering is it?
It is not a sin to be tempted. It is a sin to 'obey' the temptation.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Not to be showoffs to see who know more than who but to be helpers one to another."
quote:
glory belongeth said

Good word glory, but the instant one wants to be helpers of one another, at least for this believer, they turn and rend him! (Shall I withold the pearls?)
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

I said that if she was Wanting to eat of the tree, not Wondering about it.

Desires and Lusting for something is not like Wondering is it ? Why are we trying to figure out what was in her mind anyway. The point was that she was told to not touch or eat of it but was convinced that God was wrong.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote
quote:
Furthermore, In that God knows what we are thinking if Eve was having a problem wanting to eat from the tree don't you think that it would be a sin?
I don't really know if it would be sin if Eve was wondering "why they could not eat from this one tree", but probably as long as she did NOT do what she was wondering about and continued to OBEY God inspite of what she was wondering about, as long as she obeyed, was she in sin?

love, Eden
"gotta go now. more tomorrow at Happy Hour"

bluefrog
unregistered

And...from the discussion in the scriptures between Satan and Eve is what leads me to believe what I am saying.

Furthermore, In that God knows what we are thinking if Eve was having a problem wanting to eat from the tree don't you think that it would be a sin ?

Also, from the conversation Adam didn't know about the deal until after Satan came a callin.

bluefrog
unregistered

Well, like I said, I don't really know, but it seems to me that the freedom of choice was a GIVEN (if you know what I mean). I'll try again. It's like walking around a tree instead of running into it. Just a natural thing like the function of a liver.

Who knows, Satan could have shown up the same day God told them not to eat of that tree. But, when God said don't eat of it, where ever it was, it was no big deal. It sure was a big deal for Satan though. He had to show up himself to make this deal work and the quicker the better.

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
EDEN..The freedom of Choice was a GIVEN to them. It was something they were born with, like a liver or the ability to communicate.

It wasn't until they chose to go against God's word that they even knew the difference.

I think they also knew the difference every day when they chose FOR God's word. Or do you think they were NOT DOING ANY CHOOSING during all the years that they lived sinlessly in the garden of Eden.

So you think they NEVER thought about what the LORD had said about "not" eating of that tree of knowledge?

As for comparing our instrument of choice with a liver which is mostly operated autonomously, the instrument of choice instead is something that "we the people operate ourselves", on a conscious level.

I think every time that Adam and Eve SAW that tree of knowledge they must have thought SOMETHING, and eventhough they never actually ATE from the tree during all those times and continued to CHOOSE what God had said, that they were not allowed to eat of that tree.

Indeed, if Lucifer-Satan only APPEARED THIS ONCE TO Adam and Eve in the garden, it could be argued that the reason why Lucifer-Satan was so successful was that Adam and Eve had long pondered "what could be so bad about eating from this one tree"?

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN..The freedom of Choice was a GIVEN to them. It was something they were born with, like a liver or the ability to communicate.

It wasn't until they chose to go against God's word that they even knew the difference.

Oh well, that's my opinion anyhoo.

People today don't even celebrate their freedom of choice, unless it is being threatened and others don't even know what that is.

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote to Eden
quote:
What makes you think that they were celebrating....never mind, you are just pullin my leg anyway, I know you know better.
I'm not pulling your leg at all. Of course they were celebrating. What do you think, they were moping about walking with the LORD in the garden in the cool of the day? No...they were in constant joy, overflowing with joy and gladness:

Job 36:11
If they obey and serve Him {and they did}, they shall spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures.

Every day was a glory day, WAY BEYOND celebrating, my dear sir...

love, Eden
"com'on, stop to smell the roses"

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN..OK, Bluetree here...Well, that's what you called me. OK, I'll just add your comments to my other crazy comments. What makes you think that they were celebrating....never mind, you are just pullin my leg anyway, I know you know better.
Eden
unregistered

bluetree wrote
quote:
They probably had to watch each other and stop one another from doing the forbidden thang. It was just awful.
It as not awful at all. To the contrary, I think they had many very wonderful moments celebrating their victory of choice, until they suddenly sinned they were probably very happy.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

OK, Have it your way. Did you read the rest of that script, and did it mean anything to you ?

So, I will agree with you. Both trees were very close together and Adam and Eve had to really hold back not to eat or touch of the bad one. They probably had to watch each other and stop one another from doing the forbidden thang. It was just awful. The first fights started right near those trees. They were getting depressed.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry bout the last script-- WRONG POST!

What I wanted to say is please remember the theme of the post???????????

1). "Yea, hath God said?"
2). "Ye shall not surely die"
3). "then your eyes shall be opened"
4). "ye shall be as gods"
5)."knowing good and evil"

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers of Repentance are made by Sinners which opens the doors to bible lawyers.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog, you wrote
quote:
Why would Adam and Eve be curious about the tree? My guess is that if anything they avoided it as a done deal.
The problem was that the tree of life and the tree of knowledge were mostly likely right next to each other in the midst of the garden. So when Adam and Eve came to eat from the tree of life every day, they could not avoid also seeing the tree of knowledge every day...every day...every day and see its excellent fruit and yet realize that it was the only "no eating" tree in the whole garden. So the fact that these 2 trees were almost certainly right next to each other, mattered a lot.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN, old bud...Subj: 5 lies that kill.

This has nothing to do with the subject but to your script on 2/10/09 at 11:42. lol

First of all, Adam and Eve were not destined to die unless they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The simplicity of the story (until some bible lawyers get ahold of it) is to lay out a mind-set (stage) and then tell us how we got into the mess we are in.

The amount of time before the father of skumbags got wind of the "don't touch, don't eat, or die" rule was set down doesn't really matter does it?
Why does the location of the tree matter? Me thinks you sorta miss the point.

The "millenia" is spoken of several times, but why? Don't get cranky now, I'm just asking. What millenia are you referring to?

Why would Adam and Eve be curious about the tree? My guess is that if anything they avoided it as a done deal. However, Ole' Sewer Mouth got a glimmer in his eye when he got to thinkin.
As it turned out, he was the one curious. He was curious to see if he could employ his tacky tactics and use the tree as a tool and introduce doubt in Eve's mind. It wasn't a matter of Eve being innocent around the tree, but trusting and faithful.

Adams naming animals had nothing to do with deciding things, especially between good and evil.

You suggested that Satan made eating the fruit sound better than it was...pumped them up..Yummy!
Again, I don't think so. He was suggesting to Eve that she didn't need God to tell her what she needs to do or not do.

If ya think that Eve was comparing God to Lucifer and Lucifer came as a snake as most believe, and he spoke to her hissing or whatever what kind of comparison could be made?

You quoated Ez 28:14 which speaks of the first world age, the age of the dinasours. Adam and Eve were created in this world age.

So, my friend, I refrain from turning this over to the bible attorney general for trial, just comments. rivit You have a real creative mind.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

We do need to take heed when looking past what is written in scriptures. When The Spirit of God reveals a thing-- There is no question about that thing. It's an absolute. A truth.

This is what we do know:
Jesus is the main theme of the bible.
He is to be, Our ministry, our focus, our knowledge, our hope, the encouragement that we give to others, our life.

He is The Word of God.

--------------------

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You speak like a bright light bulb to me and one with wisdom.

God's Word do hold many mysteries that's why when we study it deeply the Holy Spirit that guides us and teaches us will manifest God's Word to us.

"Not to be showoffs to see who know more than who but to be helpers one to another."

Found in Him wrote:
If God's Word is not specificly clear on a thing it's probably better concentrating on what we do know from the Word.

Otherwise we are surmising maybe this, and maybe that...questioning mysteries not yet revealed.

Even the rapture seems to be a mystery to some people that's another one some don't yet understand. [rapture]
Behold, I show (tell) you a mystery, we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed....
(1Corin:15:51)

Even the "Trinity" is a mystery to some!

1 Corinthians 2:7;
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

God's Word is some deep that even the worldly intellects cannot attain it nor the unbeleivers.
But even to the elect what is not fully understood now will all be revealed in time.

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden,

The questions that I had asked about Eve a few boxes up was because I misunderstood what bluefrog was asking me (just above)about another subject.

I agree with bluefrog about these 'questionable' issues that are arising-- I am mostly to blame for this because I think I just have to know everything I possibly can, all at once about The Lord! That's just my make-up I guess.

If God's word is not specifically clear on a thing it's probably better concentrating on what we do know from the word.

Otherwise we are surmising, maybe this, and maybe that... Questioning mysteries not yet to be revealed.

The Author of the bible, I feel, gave us what we need to understand... He knows that we have are limits. His word is so good though, isn't it?

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
my questions

1. she was innocent and had not sinned as of yet. i'm not sure we can understand that state yet?

2. she viewed God's word as authority and repeated it to satan. could she understand a lie?

3.james 1 speaks of being drawn out by his own desire....she had desire to sin? i don't know

4. to understand evil is to exit from it and overcome?

was this disobedience in ignorance?

Good questions. We actually don't know how long Adam and Eve were sinless in the garden of Eden before Adam and Eve began their "generations" outside the garden.

So Adam and Even may have been in the garden for "eons", and the tree of life was apparently right next to the tree of knowledge of good and evel, since both trees were in the midst of the garden:

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:3
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

So over the "millennia", it must have been a source of immense curiosity on Adam and on Eve's part as to WHY exactly they could freely eat of every tree, including of the tree of life, but they could NOT EAT THE FRUIT of the tree of knowledge which was the ONLY tree in the whole garden whose fruit they could not eat.

So did Eve remain "innocent" over all those "millennia", or not, since by now she had almost daily or at least often have to practise NOT eating from the tree of knowledge, so she was already an "experienced decider".

Also Adam, prior to Even being created from his rib, had already done some serious deciding by naming the animals in the garden:

Genesis 2
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every animal of the field, and every fowl of the air; and God brought them to Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that became the name thereof.

So maybe not so innocent anymore after "some millennia"?

Betty Louise then wrote
quote:
Found in Him,
I think the desire was for the fruit, simply because God had said no.

Well, not only "simply" because God had said "no", but also because Lucifer-Satan made the eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge "sound much better than it was". I.e., it was not just that God had said no, but Lucifer also pumped them up on what they were missing out on if they DID NOT eat of the fruit. no...very good...no...very good...no...very good....hmmm, which is it?

And from that we can further surmise that she had trouble "valuing God aright" as compared to "Lucifer's value" who was, at least formerly, the overarching cherub:

Ezekiel 28:14
You are the anointed cherub who covers; and I have set you so: you were upon the holy mountain of God; you have walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

And, maybe by this time Eve had ONLY MET two persons, the LORD God walking in the garden and her husband Adam, so it must have been a matter of great astonishment if she first met Lucifer in a form other than "just a talking serpent". If she only knew the LORD and Adam, it must have been shock-city for her.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
If I hear someone say you aren't bright I'll give em' warts. Nice loving warts, don't ya know.

5 lies that kill.

Lie with your neighbor
Lie in a bed of snakes
Lie to Jesus
Lie to your mother in law
Lie in fire and brimstone with knashing of teeth

[roll on floor] You crack me up!

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about when one says I WILL and don't?

Matt.21

[29] He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

If I hear someone say you aren't bright I'll give em' warts. Nice loving warts, don't ya know.

5 lies that kill.

Lie with your neighbor
Lie in a bed of snakes
Lie to Jesus
Lie to your mother in law
Lie in fire and brimstone with knashing of teeth

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Yes you are right about the brightness! [Big Grin] -- This post is proof that God can nudge even the not so bright to declare "That devil is a LIAR!!!"

hehehe.

--------------------

The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may not be the brightest light bulb on the board but your posts are enlighten. Good post!

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

and no one ever said i was the brightest lightbulb on the board [Wink]

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
It was a think through question that I raised of which I am probably the only one who knows what I was talking about.

In other words...(I will try again) read the comments made on each lie and see what you think about it. Or, skip it.

I see.
I think it's a little more than lack of understanding.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
Found in Him,
I think the desire was for the fruit, simply because God had said no. I heard a preacher the other day preach on this. He said that there is something about human nature that makes us want to do want what we can't have and do what we can't do.
He said when you see a sign that says do not walk on grass, it makes you want to walk on the grass.
Hope this helps.
betty

Thank you Betty,

That has been the case in my life... I unfortunately heeded unto the temptation or desire for something when I sinned.

I did understand that those pleasures were wrong but ignored my conscience at the time.

I just wonder if she understood having been created without knowing sin?

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him,
I think the desire was for the fruit, simply because God had said no. I heard a preacher the other day preach on this. He said that there is something about human nature that makes us want to do want what we can't have and do what we can't do.
He said when you see a sign that says do not walk on grass, it makes you want to walk on the grass.
Hope this helps.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

my questions

1. she was innocent and had not sinned as of yet. i'm not sure we can understand that state yet?

2. she viewed God's word as authority and repeated it to satan. could she understand a lie?

3.james 1 speaks of being drawn out by his own desire....she had desire to sin? i don't know

4. to understand evil is to exit from it and overcome?

was this disobedience in ignorance?

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

It was a think through question that I raised of which I am probably the only one who knows what I was talking about.

In other words...(I will try again) read the comments made on each lie and see what you think about it. Or, skip it.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
FOUND IN HIM....Subject: 5 lies that kill.

Know what ? I was just reading some comments made by someone on each of your five lies listed, and it occured to me that like the answers above, do you suppose that Eve didn't understand what Satan was saying?

Well, don't know bout the understanding part (you'd be better off asking someone else other than me on that one-- trust me!)

But if you look at what she said-- she CLEARLY repeated to satan what God had said.

So?

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I love you Michael.

And so does Jesus.

Peace.

Let's have a great day k

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM....Subject: 5 lies that kill.

Know what ? I was just reading some comments made by someone on each of your five lies listed, and it occured to me that like the answers above, do you suppose that Eve didn't understand what Satan was saying?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The purpose of this post was to 'undermine' the assertions of another on this board. Now, let's look at this line:

"If thine 'eye' is single, then the body will be full of light."

The companion verse to that is:

"Take heed that the light that is in thee be not darkness."

This second verse means that one should be careful that his or her light is not religious-ness. The light which is darkness refers to one's religion. And one's religion can blind the eye of the believer (heart and mind), as it obviously does for a lot of people. Going even deeper, what that means is that what illuminates one from within, is either one's religious concepts, or Jesus. And religious concepts can feel and sound 'good', but they are not Jesus.

Our concepts can be well intended, and seem utterly important, but if they are not Jesus, then they are a replacement for Him, though they make one to feel good, like he or she is serving Him. This is the 'trick' of the devil.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael,

The purpose of this post was to be reminded of the devils schemes and the lies that he uses.

Are you turning it into an opportunity to judge?

Let's meditate on what the purpose of this post was intended for for a moment....

Now look at the last line of what you posted above.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Perhaps, eden, you missed this pontification:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
Will, drillmaster, maybe I wasn't clear enough:

These have been represented in this thread as being things that Christians should be wary of. It is as though one determined person would 'caution' others about 'supposing' him or herself to be something that the one considers to be a dangerous and unhealthy direction for the true believer. However, as pertaining to Jesus:

1)"Yea, hath God said?"
Ans: Rather, "It is written!" Matt 4:4,6,7. That is what it means to us now as the fallen, that "Yea, God hath indeed said."

2)"Ye shall not surely die"
Ans: Mat 19:16 "Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" For we shall not die, or Jesus died in vain.

3) "then your eyes shall be opened"
Ans: (Mat 6:22) The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

HE made the blind to see! That is the meaning of the above verse, and the below.
(Joh 9:6) When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
(Joh 9:7) And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
(Mat 5:8) Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

4)"ye shall be as gods"
(Joh 14:12) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Ye shall be as God's, by His Spirit, according to HIS will, and not our own, i.e. not according to the flesh, or any deception.

And lastly 5)) "knowing good and evil"

On this last count, it is the state of the redeemed that he indeed does know 'good and evil' and this accounts for the fallen state, or the condition of "struggle." For to be 'evil' is to be "separate," i.e. 'act, and or perform' separately from God, doing one's own thing. It is the mortal sin of Cain. Therefore the one is 'condemned' thereby, for it cometh not by faith, but rather, by way of unbelief. And that leads to sermons which all the pages I have written here cannot contain.

And it is when the 'eye' is not single, that we are evil, and choosing to know good and evil. Therefore repent!
~

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Eden,
I dont think you saw my most recent post on this topic. I confessed that it was sloppy and loosely associated with Found in Him's post; therefore I dont really desire to argue any points on it. Part of my mistake was that I posted it in a big hurry. One thing I do believe without a doubt though, is that, closer and closer to the end we will see more and more increase in sexual immorality, but I certainly agree with you that sexual immorality is nothing new.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

my dear brother oneinchrist wrote
quote:
In the last days, which I do believe we are in, sexual immorality is at the top of the list of destructive things that lead people down the wrong path.
oneinchrist, in this particular statement you do exhibit some (understandable) ignorance of the history of the inhabited world or earth.

Historically, every successful earthly kingdom or empire starts out lean and mean and thus wins wars over the epicurian fat cats of the kingdom or empire which is "on its way out".

The sequence is always the same, lean for war, win victories over lands, bring home their gold and silver and spoil, get richer, hire others to do the work with your riches, while you yourself become fatter and lazier and less able for war, until the next lean and mean kingdom or empire takes over from you.

Let me therefore assure you, oneinchrist, that in EVERY kingdom or empire, be it the Egyptian, the Assyrian, the Babylonian, the Persian, the Greek, the Ottoman Turk, the Chinese Dynasties, the Japanese Dynasties, and the Indian Dynasties, [b]there was sexual immorality of the same measure, and indeed of far greater measure, than anything that we are seeing "in these last days".

Only those ignorant of history would make such a statement to support the idea that "in the last days sexual immorality is at the top of the list of destructive things that lead people down the wrong path".

Dear brother, I'll give you this, though: sexual immorality has always been one of the things that occurs toward the END of a kingdom or empire, so if these be the last days, guess what, sexual immorality is on the increase since World War II? [Bible] [Big Grin] [Bible]

love, Eden
"Lord, awaken my heart"

Eden
unregistered

Hi, Found in Him, that was very good. 5 LIES THAT KILL. Those 5 same lies are still used today:

In one form or another, those things are taught to us every day these days, and as you say, probably every generation is fed that same pack of lies, adapted to THEIR pace of life.

Today we hear those same themes in most schools and in most media, with a simple adaptation by Lucifer-Satan to our times. He's done it so many times if one knows the history of the inhabited world,

Yea, has God said?

You shall not surely die

Then your eyes shall be opened

You shall be as gods

knowing good and evil

Knowing, not just good, but evil too, he subtily added. And isn't that the truth, Satan. We learned it from you before we were saved.

5 LIES THAT KILL.

love, Eden
"Jesus gonna make you laugh out loud"

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Will, drillmaster, maybe I wasn't clear enough:

These have been represented in this thread as being things that Christians should be wary of. It is as though one determined person would 'caution' others about 'supposing' him or herself to be something that the one considers to be a dangerous and unhealthy direction for the true believer. However, as pertaining to Jesus:

1)"Yea, hath God said?"
Ans: "It is written!" Matt 4:4,6,7

2)"Ye shall not surely die"
Ans: Mat 19:16 Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

3) "then your eyes shall be opened"
Ans: (Mat 6:22) The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

(Joh 9:6) When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
(Joh 9:7) And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
(Mat 5:8) Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

4)"ye shall be as gods"
(Joh 14:12) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And lastly 5)) "knowing good and evil"

On this last count, it is the state of the redeemed that he indeed does know 'good and evil' and this accounts for the fallen state, or the condition of "struggle." For to be 'evil' is to be "separate," i.e. 'act, and or perform' separately from God, doing one's own thing. It is the mortal sin of Cain. Therefore the one is 'condemned' thereby, for it cometh not by faith, but rather, by way of unbelief. And that leads to sermons which all the pages I have written here cannot contain.

bluefrog
unregistered

Are we still talking about the 5 lies that kill?

The ones that Satan told Eve ?

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 4:3-4) "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables"

This is one of the saddest truths, people refusing to hear the word of God, not to be hearers only but also doers of the word is what we are called to do.

James 1:22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Knowing good and evil is the problem Paul was addressing for people to repent of!

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
Hi Found in Him,
You stated above that you posted your testimony.
Can you tell me where its at? I would like to read it. Thanks from your friend in the Lord.

Hi Daniel,

Yeah, it's under praise reports and testimonies.
Entitled: Got a story to tell?

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Found in Him,
You stated above that you posted your testimony.
Can you tell me where its at? I would like to read it. Thanks from your friend in the Lord.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement