Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » OSAS VIDEO (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: OSAS VIDEO
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Zeena think! What is a filter? Its a device which REMOVES impurities!

Its washing your mind with the water of the word!

Ephesians 26

That He(Yeshua) might sanctify and cleanse her(the church body) with the washing of water by THE word.

Yeshua is the alpha and omega. He is the whole word of Scripture. The Old Test and the New Test and everything in between.

MH is correct in this point about the whole of scripture being a filter. A filter takes out inpurities. Get it?

Jesus is the Living Word, the LOGOS [Smile]

John 13 1-12
Now before the feast of the passover, Jesus knowing that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto his Father, having loved his own that were in the world, he loved them unto the end. And during supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him, Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all the things into his hands, and that he came forth from God, and goeth unto God, riseth from supper, and layeth aside his garments; and he took a towel, and girded himself. Then he poureth water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded. So he cometh to Simon Peter. He saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt understand hereafter.
Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
Jesus saith to him, He that is bathed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all. For he knew him that should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean. So when he had washed their feet, and taken his garments, and sat down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? Ye call me, Teacher, and, Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, have washed your feet, ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

Washing of the Word is also to be cleansed with Scripture mind you, but NEVER, EVER without the Spirit [Wink]

2 Corinthians 3:6
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The washing to put off the old man, consider him DEAD and be filled with the Spirit! [Big Grin]

And NOT the person, but the feet!
"He that is bathed needeth not save to wash his feet"

Something which Michael seems reluctant to do..

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ephesians 26

That He(Yeshua) might sanctify and cleanse her(the church body) with the washing of water by THE word.

Yeshua is the alpha and omega. He is the whole word of Scripture. The Old Test and the New Test and everything in between.

MH is correct in this point about the whole of scripture being a filter. A filter takes out inpurities. Get it?

Said the man with the rose colored glasses.

We just want a scripture from the Bible that supports this teaching?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ephesians 26

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It would be refreshing to read posts written by you guys, and not by some preacher/teacher/author ect..

i would like to read what the Lord is doing and showing you in your own personal walk. If i want to read a book, ill go by one. I like the message boards for fellowship and to see where the Holy Spirit is leading in each of your lives and what enlightment He brings to you from the scriptures.

The Lord is not only leading me, but taking places I've never dreamed of! [clap2]

The most recent event that comes to mind [cuz it's a doozie] is when there was the looming threat of a TTC strike! [Eek!]

I prayed and the Lord told me there'd be a strike, but THEN the agreement came to the table which they said they'd accept, they also said at that time that they would give 48 hours notice if they were going to strike..

So I told everyone what the Lord had told me! People were believing there would be no strike, and so it seemed...

They accepted the deal and were waiting for it to be ratified [but I didn't know this, in fact, pretty much the whole city had thought the deal was done!]

But after a week I was getting antsy, here I told a bunch of people what I believed God had told me and it wasn't coming true! I even asked if I really had been gifted in such a way.. But I ended up believing I was walking after the flesh, for far be it from God to lie! [Bible] I struggled with the Lord a lot during that time.. But He edified me moment by moment with His Life! [youpi]

But then, TWO WEEKS after this supposed 'deal' they went on strike friday at midnight and left Toronto citizens stranded! [Frown]

And I prayed for the people to find a way home!!

Nevertheless, as far as teaching goes, I am much more comfortable giving my witness, [not that I'm afriad to be uncomfortable, but that I don't believe it's my place in most instances], and I avoid it like the plague unless the Lord shows me someone in error, then I will rebuke, exhort and hopefully edify [Smile]

I have teachers who express what the Lord has revealed to me to a " [Cross] ", and so I quote them [Smile]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

That's not at all what I was asking about! [pound]

Michael said "Scripture is a filter for the Christian."

And WildB asked him for a Scriptural referrance for that statment, to which he said "No scripture is needed for this concept."

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zeena, re-read what MH said.

If you are not IN the world, then you will not behave as if you are IN the world. Understand?

If you are not OF the world, then you will not behave as one who is OF the world.

But remember Yeshuas prayer? "Lord i do not ask you to take them OUT of the world but to keep them from the evil one."

The old man is supposed to be Dead to Sin and Alive to Christ.
We are not to continue in sin. Thats the point.

Also remember that when the letter was written to Timothy from Paul the only scripture available at that time was the Old Testament. There was no New Test cannon at that time.

So when He said that All scripture was given for doctrine, reproof, correction, for instructon in rightousness, He was speaking of the Old Testement. There was no New Test at that time.

2 Tim 2:19

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His, and let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from Iniquity."

I do not agree with everything MH says, but there is a lot of meat that he throws out there. I just eat the meat and spit out the bones. I think many here have a personal bias against him and thats not fair.

We all bring something to the table. The least we can do is agree to disagree sometimes.

I see many here post very LOOOOOng posts from other authors and thats okay ,but i wonder if there is not a bias there also.

It would be refreshing to read posts written by you guys, and not by some preacher/teacher/author ect..

i would like to read what the Lord is doing and showing you in your own personal walk. If i want to read a book, ill go by one. I like the message boards for fellowship and to see where the Holy Spirit is leading in each of your lives and what enlightment He brings to you from the scriptures.

Not some long post that some author has written.

I know that we are all not going to agree all the time. But i just pray that all the personal attacks would cease. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
No scripture is needed for this concept. All scripture is profitable for this concept.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony! if they speak not according to this word, surely there is no morning for them.

You utter lies and when asked to profer SCRIPTURAL Truth you deny!?!?

What's wrong? God doesn't agree with YOUR opinion?

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
MH says "Scripture is a filter for the Christian."

Please provide the scripture for this concept.

Show scripture? Up and coming, though you are unable to receive it. Pray that you do lest judgment find you like a baseball bat.

No scripture is needed for this concept. All scripture is profitable for this concept.

The old man is not dead. He is the one who sins, not the new. When someone says that the old man is dead, yet he abides in, or continues to sin, the one is in denial. If the old man raises his ugly head, he makes a mockey of faith. For the old man is dead by faith. When Paul says that the old man is dead, he is saying to let it be your experience, that it may be your reality. It is a fact, but it is not your reality unless you bear the fruit of belief. The fruit of belief is that Jesus lives, not you. Jesus does not sin.

quote:
We are not in the world???
If we are not of the world, we will not 'behave' as the world. It can not be more simply said.
quote:
[Cross]
quote:
NOR are we in it!

We are in it if we behave like it!!! Denial will not cut it.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ANM:
Hit myself in the head with a ball bat...iLL BE FINE.

I remember knocking my eye silly with a golf ball.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hit myself in the head with a ball bat...iLL BE FINE.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if ANM will respond anytime soon . For he posted this on the Ted Nugent Board.

Took a blow to the head last night 546271

* AmericanNurseryman is not online. Last active: 07-13-2008, 7:13 AM AmericanNurseryman
* Top 25 Contributor
Male
* Joined on 03-26-2007
* Posts 5,827
Contact
12 hours, 6 minutes ago

Don't bother askin how, anyway, I was out cold and actually went into shock, delirious as hell for hours, damn near died...Im ok today though, except for a headache.

* Report abuse
* Quick Reply

http://www.tednugent.com/HUNTING/forums/thread/546271.aspx

--------------------
That is all.....

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
"Whatsoever doth make manifest is light." Scripture is a filter for the Christian. If every action (spoken or directed) is passed through this filter, then we can know that Jesus is who is coming through. But if we disregard scripture to allow our uninhibited, lustful fallen state to have preeminence (our old man for those of you who do not believe in two natures), we cause the Lord who saves us open shame in the arena where we are to testify of Him. We do (for those who want to argue about works) pass on the nature of God, or the nature of self, willfully, and by process of decision, by not yielding to His nature. Our fallen nature is not changed except by faith. And he is not changed then. He is dead, unless he is allowed, through unbelief, to live.

Faith doesn't mean some form of denial regarding the old nature as though he can exist and it is ok. Scripture says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."(2Co 5:17 )

All things are become new. This doesn't mean that the old is now accepted, or acceptable. It means that one has a new nature that does not behave (by and large) errantly. "Whatsoever doth make manifest is light." The old unbelieving man is 'exposed' by scripture such that he is filtered out from manifesting his ugliness (rising from the dead), by light which exposes him.

The old man is DEAD!

Eternal reigns The King! [Big Grin]

John 10:28 AMP
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.

quote:
And here it is in verse:

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." (1Jn 2:16)

In other words, your anger, or your lustful gaze, or your domination of another, possesiveness, controlling, manipulating, owning, complaining, irritable reaction, etc. these are not of the Father, but come out of who you literally are 'apart from Him,' as in, who you were! That is why if you are 'one' with Him, these do not manifest, and His nature shines through because these do not interfere.

haha!

We're not of the world! [Big Grin]

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

NOR are we in it! [Big Grin]

Ephesians 2:5-7
even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace have ye been saved), and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus: that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 3:1-3
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MH says "Scripture is a filter for the Christian."

Please provide the scripture for this concept.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here it is in verse:

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." (1Jn 2:16)

In other words, your anger, or your lustful gaze, or your domination of another, possesiveness, controlling, manipulating, owning, complaining, irritable reaction, etc. these are not of the Father, but come out of who you literally are 'apart from Him,' as in, who you were! That is why if you are 'one' with Him, these do not manifest, and His nature shines through because these do not interfere.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

"Whatsoever doth make manifest is light." Scripture is a filter for the Christian. If every action (spoken or directed) is passed through this filter, then we can know that Jesus is who is coming through. But if we disregard scripture to allow our uninhibited, lustful fallen state to have preeminence (our old man for those of you who do not believe in two natures), we cause the Lord who saves us open shame in the arena where we are to testify of Him. We do (for those who want to argue about works) pass on the nature of God, or the nature of self, willfully, and by process of decision, by not yielding to His nature. Our fallen nature is not changed except by faith. And he is not changed then. He is dead, unless he is allowed, through unbelief, to live.

Faith doesn't mean some form of denial regarding the old nature as though he can exist and it is ok. Scripture says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."(2Co 5:17 )

All things are become new. This doesn't mean that the old is now accepted, or acceptable. It means that one has a new nature that does not behave (by and large) errantly. "Whatsoever doth make manifest is light." The old unbelieving man is 'exposed' by scripture such that he is filtered out from manifesting his ugliness (rising from the dead), by light which exposes him.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway said (and seconded by Michael Harrison):
quote:
Eden, i believe what he is referring to are ones who continue to live as if Jesus never changed them or came into their life.

The way they live reflects whether Christ is in them or not.

Okay, but what is "intentional" about that? I have never heard a Christian who got saved say "I'm intentionally going to sin now that Jesus died for my sins".

I could see it from persons who were BORN into a "Christian" or "Catholic" family but who have never personally "seen" their own sinfulness and personally accepted Jesus, but it has to be a RARE occasion when someone who has seen themselves as a "sinner" also then says "I am now intentionally going to sin because Jesus already died for my sins".

So what would you consider to be someone consider "intentional sins", give me some examples. Presumably these people have "more than one intentional sin" going since it would be surprising that there would be "only intentional sin" that they are going for.

So as I said, it is easy to say but what are some concrete examples. Tell me about one person and some of that person's "intentional sins".

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Spot on MH! For as Acts 17:28 says-

for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, "Foe we are also His offspring".

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Eden, i believe what he is referring to are ones who continue to live as if Jesus never changed them or came into their life.
Ten Stars! And all that I would add to that is: "or became their life." Because His is a life that doesn't sin. And it is a short step from His being in your life, to His being your life.
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

The way they live reflects whether Christ is in them or not.

Like a friend of mine who claims to be saved by Jesus and actually says we can live and sin all we want because Jesus already paid the price for him to do so.

Its kind of like trampling on the Grace given.

Its a knowing them by their fruits sort of thing.

Eden
unregistered

Yes, Candle of Life, that is exactly what I was wondering. What is "intential sinning"? I realize it is easy to say, but what does it actually mean?

For instance, KnowHim said this:
quote:
First of all we are not talking about just sinning. We are talking about intentionally sinning and living in it with out changing.
Can you give me some examples please so I can see how your examples differ from "sinning because we are constituted sinners". Thank you.

eden

Candle of Life
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candle of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what exactly do you call "intentional sin"?
Please do elaborate.

Posts: 6 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

'flesh' is the proper translation in gal 6:8 btw [Wink]

The greek word is SARX:

Mind, will and emotions [soul] under the power of indwelling sin [in the body].

Translated words;
KJV (151) - carnal, 2; carnally minded + (5427), 1; flesh, 147; fleshly, 1;

ASV
" 8 For he that soweth unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life. "

It's not 'old man', for the old man is dead!
And we cannot sow to the Spirit unless our mind is renewed to believe what Jesus did for us!

Were you in Him when He was crucified, or weren't you?
Were you crucified with Him, or weren't you?

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died; and he died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who for their sakes died and rose again.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It 'is' more about faith: than it is about sin. Someone might think it strange to hear me say something like that. And I am not at all condoning sin. But Sampson was a loose character. But in spite of it, his faith kept him strong. But his loose lifestyle caught up with him. He came to a point where he didn't think God would abandon him, and he compromised in a way that he shouldn't have. God redeemed his error, but at such a price. But faith was more important than how he lived.

First of all we are not talking about just sinning. We are talking about intentionally sinning and living in it with out changing.

We all know people who are saved will sin, but they will not intentionally sin and live in sin without changing. God will not allow a saved person to do so.

God saw to it that Sampson's sin would take him down and it did. Please see this is a warning to us and not a proof text to tell you it is OK to continue in sin.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either you can not read, which can not be the fact as you are on a message board or you just don't want to believe the bible.

1 John 2:3-6 (NIV)
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? ~ Romans 6:1-2

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. - John 14:21

Galatians 6:8
The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature [Or his flesh, from the flesh] will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

If you don't understand this plain text from the bible then I would have to believe you are just creating a God whom you want to serve. People have created gods to suit themselves from the beginning. It’s called "idolatry," and it’s the oldest sin in the Book. Idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Trying to prove it is OK to deliberately sin and live in sin is a lie straight from the Father of lies Satan.
All I can say is I hope that anyone who believes you can intentionally sin all the time will wake up before it is to late and come to know Jesus Christ. Please read your bible and believe the entire bible not just the parts you want to believe.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

You have power to ressurect someone God killed do ya?

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Becase Eden, God crucified the old man on the Cross, but the old man in you (plural, meaning whomever) doesn't believe it. If he did, sin would end. (Reckon yourselves 'dead' unto sin.) Because the new man is "Created in God unto righteousness." That means that he doesn't sin. So. one can live unto the old man, who is 'dead' or unto the new, who is alive BY Christ, and unto Him.

Quite plainly, when you sin, you live unto the old man. He resurrects! You bring him to life. HE is not being dead, though Jesus slayed him on the cross.

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Romans 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

eden

Excellent verses in this instance, and in ALL instance!

Praise God!

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison said
quote:
t 'is' more about faith: than it is about sin. Someone might think it strange to hear me say something like that. And I am not at all condoning sin. But Sampson was a loose character. But in spite of it, his faith kept him strong. But his loose lifestyle caught up with him. He came to a point where he didn't think God would abandon him, and he compromised in a way that he shouldn't have. God redeemed his error, but at such a price. But faith was more important than how he lived.
I agree that faith is more important than sin. It is my experience that most, if not all, sins that Christians commit after they are saved are sins of habit which pre-existed their getting saved. Rarely, if ever, does someone sin worse after being saved. Most often Christians are beset by the same sins that they had trouble with before being saved and it may take a long time before (if ever) some of these sins can be avoided.

And, isn't this why Jesus died for our sins? Most of us are pretty hopeless when it comes to undoing our pre-existing habits. We may become a little sweeter, we may become more honest, but overall in this life we won't change much. That is why God crucified the old man on the cross instead of repairing the old man.

be loved, eden

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bingo michael.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

It 'is' more about faith: than it is about sin. Someone might think it strange to hear me say something like that. And I am not at all condoning sin. But Sampson was a loose character. But in spite of it, his faith kept him strong. But his loose lifestyle caught up with him. He came to a point where he didn't think God would abandon him, and he compromised in a way that he shouldn't have. God redeemed his error, but at such a price. But faith was more important than how he lived.
Candle of Life
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candle of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch his videos that someone posted here earlier and see for yourself if he continually sins as well as others.

He sineth behind the back of everyone and comes here proclaiming his faith.

Posts: 6 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by KnowHim:
ANM,

Good video. I think we are mostly on the same page.

Do you believe that people who are truly saved (those that know Jesus Christ and not just mouthed the words) will continue to intentionally sin?

Sounds like by what you said on the video that these people were never saved because they don’t know Jesus.

What is your take on the below verses?

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

I agree with you that the people in the below verse were never saved. But the sad thing is they think they are saved!

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

Looks to me like this verse is saying that the people that do the will of the Father are the ones that are actually saved. The reason they do the will of the Father is not because they have to to obtain salvation but because they know the Lord Jesus Christ and want to because He has paid their sin dept of which they could not pay.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? ~ Romans 6:1-2

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. - John 14:21

2 Chr 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the entire earth, to strengthen those whose heart is true to him.

The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature [Or his flesh, from the flesh] will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

OK, once again the question I have is: .
Do you believe that people who are truly saved continue to intentionally sin?

If so do you think they know Jesus Christ and are saved?

P.S. I know we will sin by mistake but I don't think that people who actually are saved and know the price Jesus paid for our sin dept will deliberately sin.

?????????????????????????

Bump

Eden
unregistered

Romans 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

"I came not to destroy the law, but that through me it might be fullfilled."
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

The Ministry of Condemnation vs. The Ministry of Life

Gal 4:21 Tell me, those desiring to be under Law, do you not hear the Law?

What does 2Cor 3 say about the Law of Moses?

Ministry n.The office, duties or functions of a subordinate agent of any kind.

ministry is the administration of:

vs 6 the old covenant is the letter that kills (the ten commandments)

vs 7 the ministry of death, (the ten commandments)

engraved in letters in stone (the ten commandements)

was with glory (the ten commandments)

was done away with (the ten commandments)

vs 9 ministry of condemmation (the ten commandments)

vs 14 until this day the same veil remains on the reading of the old covenant(the

ten commandments)

vs 15 when Moses is read, the veil is on their heart (the ten commandments)

2Co 3:4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God,

2Co 3:5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves, but our sufficiency is of God;

2Co 3:6 who also has made us able ministers of the new covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit makes alive.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, having been engraved in letters in stone was with glory (so that the sons of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses because of the glory of his face), which was being done away;

2Co 3:8 shall not the ministry of the Spirit be with more glory?

2Co 3:9 For if the ministry of condemnation is glorious, much more does the ministry of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.

2Co 3:11 For if that which has been done away was glorious, much more that which remains is glorious.

2Co 3:12 Then since we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech.

2Co 3:13 And we are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel could not steadfastly look to the end of the thing being done away.

2Co 3:14 (But their thoughts were blinded; for until the present the same veil remains on the reading of the old covenant, not taken away.) But this veil has been done away in Christ.

2Co 3:15 But until this day, when Moses is read, the veil is on their heart.

2Co 3:16 But whenever it turns to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

2Co 3:17 And the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit.

Act 13:38 Therefore be it known to you, men, brothers, that through this One the forgiveness of sins is announced to you.

Act 13:39 And by Him all who believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the Law of Moses.

Gal 2:21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness is through law, then Christ died without cause.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are out of works of the Law, these are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the Book of the Law, to do them."

Gal 3:11 But that no one is justified by the Law in the sight of God is clear, for, "The just shall live by faith."

Gal 3:12 But the Law is not of faith; but, "The man who does these things shall live in them."

Gal 3:19 Why then the Law? It was added because of transgressions, until the Seed should come to those to whom it had been promised, being ordained through angels in the Mediator's hand.

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I gave it half a star! (I did that just to keep you on your toes.) Good works! We are to 'walk' in them. Do you comprehend the contrast? Any works that we 'walk' in that are not good, ARE NOT OF FAITH! And, "Whatsoever is not of faith, is sin." ( You go looketh, it up.KJVeth) And 'good works' are within the domninion of the Ten Commandments.

What of those who cast out demons in His name? So what if some have done some work or another 'in His name'? He still said, "Forbid them not! For those who are for me, will not quickly turn against me." So who are you to preach against them? Moreover, you may think that you know who they are, but on the other hand, you may 'presume' to know, but don't. As I recall, Paul said, "Judge nothing before the time."

Know Him? Does He know you? Any behavior that is not His, HE does not know! To that extent HE does not know you. For He does not know you in your sin. You remove yourself from His knowing you each and every moment you are in it. For sin is unbelief. And without faith, it is impossible to "please" God. That means He doesn't know you.

For the baseball fans, that means that communion is broken.

Now Sampson was a man of faith. He knew God and was known of God. And he did not lose his communion every time he sinned. And what I am talking about here, since the law had not been given, is that he lived an adventurous life, partaking of worldly pleasure, and it did not bite him. But it lured him into a trap. He suffered greatly for his indiscression. He became hooked becauswe he 'played around with sin." That, even if you want to argue, is the representation. What sustained him? Faith sustained him and he got away with a lot. But he wasn't going to be allowed to get away with it. He reaped what he sewed. So it isn't nice to tempt God! And if we will remember, in Jesus' words thrice repeated, Jesus said, "Thou shalt not put the Lord thy God to a foolish test."

One half star! Thas whas up!!!

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANM,

Good video. I think we are mostly on the same page.

Do you believe that people who are truly saved (those that know Jesus Christ and not just mouthed the words) will continue to intentionally sin?

Sounds like by what you said on the video that these people were never saved because they don’t know Jesus.

What is your take on the below verses?

I agree with you that the people in the below verse were never saved. But the sad thing is they think they are saved!

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

Looks to me like this verse is saying that the people that do the will of the Father are the ones that are actually saved. The reason they do the will of the Father is not because they have to to obtain salvation but because they know the Lord Jesus Christ and want to because He has paid their sin dept of which they could not pay.

2 Chr 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the entire earth, to strengthen those whose heart is true to him.

OK, once again the question I have is: .
Do you believe that people who are truly saved continue to intentionally sin?

If so do you think they know Jesus Christ and are saved?

P.S. I know we will sin by mistake but I don't think that people who actually are saved and know the price Jesus paid for our sin dept will deliberately sin.

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Hello ANM [wave3]

I'm glad you have believed God for the Justification that Jesus Christ died to give you [Smile]

quote:
Walking By Grace
By John Woodward
March 15, 1999
"Amazing grace, shall always be my song of praise,
For it was grace that bought my liberty;
I do not know just why He came to love me so,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need."

The words of that song gratefully acknowledge the wonderful blessing of God's grace in the lives of His people. We continue our focus on Colossians 2:6, noting in particular God's grace in the life of discipleship: "As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him."

The only way to become a son or daughter of God is to receive Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior (John 1:12). This entrance into the family of God is accomplished by God's GRACE through faith. "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Eph 2:8,9). We could never boast about earning eternal life, because it is solely based upon God's undeserved kindness toward us--His GRACE. Good works are a fruit of new life, but are not part of the root: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:10).

Does that seem too easy--too simple? Our natural bias toward trying to merit acceptance resists the purity of God's grace. Yet the Scriptures are clear: "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness." (Rom 4:5). "And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. . ." (Rom 11:6). No wonder John Newton's hymn, Amazing Grace, has such meaning to the people of God!

"As you received . . . so walk (daily live) in Him." What is the role of God's grace in living abundantly in Christ? It is VITAL to the Christ-life. Grace is vital to receiving and using spiritual gifts (Eph 4:7; 1 Pet 4:10); grace is vital to giving generously (2 Cor 8:6,7); grace is vital to ministering fruitfully (Gal 2:9; Eph 3:8); and grace is vital to suffering productively (2 Cor 12:9).

Just as some misconstrue the grace of God in salvation, they misunderstand the importance of grace in the Christian life. This grace is never an excuse for, or a license to sin (Jude 4), which would bring God's chastisement (Heb 12:6). Nor is it an excuse for passivity. Paul demonstrated the balance of grace and zealous cooperation with God in ministry: "For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Cor 15:9,10).

Charles G. Trumbull expounds on the sufficiency of God's grace for the believer in the past, the future, and the present. After noting that we were justified in the past by grace, and will be glorified in the future by grace (Rom 3:24; 8:25,29,30), he wrote "Grace does not mean that God stands off and smilingly looks in our direction. Grace means His tremendous, omnipotent activity; the dynamite of Heaven accomplishing things in our behalf, wholly independent of what we are and of what we do." (Victory in Christ, p.56). Then he asks about the role of God's grace for Christian living: "Is there no no hope, has grace no message for us in the meantime, right now, between the wonderful beginning and the wonderful ending? . . . Yes, thank God, there is! There is just as much hope for this middle time as for the ending and as for the beginning; and it is just as truly God's grace . . . 'For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.' (Rom 6:14). You are not under law, which says 'Do,' but you are under grace, which says, 'Done'; for grace excludes works from having anything to do with this freedom from the dominion of sin. . . It will be a glorious time between our justification and our glorification, if we but take it on the same terms that we take the beginning and the end. Grace! Simple faith! " (p.62-64).

Peter also admonishes us to "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2Peter 3:18). God's grace is available to us in infinite supply! "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." (2 Cor 9:8).

How can we "walk" in this grace of God? Among another principles, we must fully trust in Christ as our life (Gal 2:20) by humbling ourselves before our Heavenly Father: "He gives more grace. Therefore He says: 'God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.' " (James 4:6).

"He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater;
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase.
To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
to multiplied trials His multiplied peace.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again."

(Annie Johnson Flint)

Our Father, we rejoice in Your amazing grace which gave us new life through faith in Christ. We love You and depend fully on Your gracious enablement to obey the directives of Your Word. For Christ's sake, amen.

JBW

John 17:17
Sanctify them in the truth: thy word is truth.

--------------------

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ibqy1AaXSKM

--------------------
whats up?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement