Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Refusing Biblical Evidence.

Author Topic: Refusing Biblical Evidence.
EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Originally posted by EndTimeEvangelist:
What about the people who have had their ears tickled by the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved, and the doctrine of exclussion?

Well if they don't come to know Jesus Christ and become born-again they will split hell wide open. It is all about knowing and following Jesus. It is not about how much we can get away with and still go to heaven. We are to worship God because He is everything, not because we want to. He is God, we are his creation and that is not going to change.
Do you personallky consider it to be a sin to pass false judgment on others, and hatefully condemn them?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What about the people who have had their ears tickled by the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved, and the doctrine of exclussion?

Well if they don't come to know Jesus Christ and become born-again they will split hell wide open. It is all about knowing and following Jesus. It is not about how much we can get away with and still go to heaven. We are to worship God because He is everything, not because we want to. He is God, we are his creation and that is not going to change.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Why do those who promote false doctrines refuse any Biblical evidence which proves their doctrines to be absolutely false?

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (KJV)

Why must we Christians proclaim the Word of God? “Because the time will come” when people will not want the Word of God—and that time is upon us! Many church attenders do not want “healthy” (sound) doctrine; instead, they want religious entertainment from Christian performers who will tickle their ears. We have a love for novelty in the churches today. Too often the person who simply opens the Bible and teaches it is ignored, while the shallow religious entertainer becomes a celebrity. Verse 4 indicates that “itching ears” soon become “deaf ears” as people turn away from the truth and believe man-made fables. (Quoted from Wiersbe's Expositiory Outlines)

You should listen to:

Ten Shekels And A Shirt

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why do those who promote false doctrines refuse any Biblical evidence which proves their doctrines to be absolutely false?

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (KJV)

Why must we Christians proclaim the Word of God? “Because the time will come” when people will not want the Word of God—and that time is upon us! Many church attenders do not want “healthy” (sound) doctrine; instead, they want religious entertainment from Christian performers who will tickle their ears. We have a love for novelty in the churches today. Too often the person who simply opens the Bible and teaches it is ignored, while the shallow religious entertainer becomes a celebrity. Verse 4 indicates that “itching ears” soon become “deaf ears” as people turn away from the truth and believe man-made fables. (Quoted from Wiersbe's Expositiory Outlines)

You should listen to:

Ten Shekels And A Shirt

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cajun:
May I ask what church do you go to now Endtime?

MY wife and I attend a NON Denominational church.

Our Pastor faithfully teaches ALL of Gods word ...

WE believe the WHOLE Bible is an unchanging truth, and we do NOT pick a few small parts of parts of a few scriptures to support our beliefs
as some modern day denominational churches do.

Well, that sounds good in theory, but give this non-denominational church enough time, and you will find it is not as "non-denominational" as you might think. There is no such thing as a "non-denominational" church - just churches which call themselves "non-denominational". (I know because I go to one.) It is just as protective and controlling of its core doctrines (if not more so) than most other “denominational” churches. You will find that they probably just have a different set of teachings they protect. The feeling of bliss you have now probably won’t last too long. Now where is my egg timer?
Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That is exactly why my wife and I left the Baptist churtch we were a part of.

When we started reading the entire Bible for ourselves and ...

You heretic! Stop that and don't do it again!
Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

quote:

All of Gods word is to be used as a foundation to support and prove the absolute integrity of any doctrine, and yet on numerous occassions, on many different christian discussion boards I have seen many occurrences of instances when individuals have posted more than enough sufficient Biblical EVIDENCE that undoubtedly proved some doctrines to be completely false, and those who were in oppossition to them refused to acknowledege the Biblical evidence was ever posted in the first place...

Hello EndTimeEvangelist,

Sometimes it is good to vent to get something off your chest. This must be your vent time.

A lot of people believe what they want to believe, or what they have been told by those they love to believe, or what those around them expect them to believe. I honestly believe there are very few people who sit down and objectively work out what they believe. And church really isn’t the place for a thinking person to go. (I hate to say that, but it is true.) All churches have their core set of beliefs, some of which are more sound than others, but none of which can be called into question. And anyone who calls even one of those core beliefs into question can expect lots of resistance, no matter how much biblical “evidence” they may have. This is again because many of these “core” beliefs are really based more upon what people want to believe, or what they have been told to believe. One of the worst things you can do is assume that most people base most of their beliefs on rational thinking. That is rarely the case. Emotion, not rational thought, governs much of what is believed. Pick your battles wisely.

Bandit

EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by cajun:

MY wife and I attend a NON Denominational church.

Our Pastor faithfully teaches ALL of Gods word as an absolute unbchanging everlasting truth, as ALL Truly GOD called, and truly GOD ordained Pastors and Bible teachers ought to be doing.

WE believe the WHOLE Bible is an unchanging truth, and we do NOT pick a few small parts of parts of a few scriptures to support our beliefs
as some modern day denominational churches do.

cajun
Member # 5959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
As I get older, I do not pay much attention to what men say, but I do pay attention to what they do.

Posts: 6 | From: Texas - USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HE LIVES:
Some just get use to mans tradition and don't want anything to mess up their system.

I'm starting to see that there's not much in todays church that matches up with the scriptures.

The Lord will lead us to the Truth if we will lay down our traditions, and seek Him.

That is exactly why my wife and I left the Baptist churtch we were a part of.

When we started reading the entire Bible for ourselves and we began to really see what the word of God said in comparison to the lies we were being taught we went to our Pastor and asked him to correctly justify what the Baptist doctrine said in light of Gods truth, and he refused to even acknowledge the Biblical evidence we presented to him.

He had the audacity to say that some of Gods word came from God and some of it is just mens opinions that shouldn't have been included in the first place.

When I asked him which parts were Gods and which were mans, he said all the things in scripture which supported the Southern Baptist doctrine come from God, everything else came from man, and should be excluded from Scripture!

HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some just get use to mans tradition and don't want anything to mess up their system.

I'm starting to see that there's not much in todays church that matches up with the scriptures.

The Lord will lead us to the Truth if we will lay down our traditions, and seek Him.

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

All of Gods word is to be used as a foundation to support and prove the absolute integrity of any doctrine, and yet on numerous occassions, on many different christian discussion boards I have seen many occurrences of instances when individuals have posted more than enough sufficient Biblical EVIDENCE that undoubtedly proved some doctrines to be completely false, and those who were in oppossition to them refused to acknowledege the Biblical evidence was ever posted in the first place...

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement