Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Good Friday? Or what? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Good Friday? Or what?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually today is TGIT and tomorrow God willing will be TGIW and the next day God willing will be TGITH and then BA it will be TGIF!!! [roll on floor] [type] [thumbsup2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so it's not TGIF?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the "Apples and oranges defense" not to dis you only to say that they are indeed very similar.

"Scientific" criticism

Oranges, like apples, grow on trees.

At least two tongue-in-cheek scientific studies have been conducted on the subject, each of which concluded that apples can be compared to oranges fairly easily and on a low budget and the two fruits are quite similar. The first study, conducted by Scott A. Sandford of the NASA Ames Research Center, used spectrometry to analyze both apples and oranges. The study, which was published in the Annals of Improbable Research, concluded that "the comparing apples and oranges defense should no longer be considered valid. This is a somewhat startling revelation. It can be anticipated to have a dramatic effect on the strategies used in arguments and discussions in the future." "The study also found that both apples and oranges were sweet, similar in size, weight, and shape, that both are grown in orchards, and both may be eaten, juiced, and so on. The only significant differences found were in terms of seeds"

-

The only real difference is in the seed.

1Cor.15

[37] And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain~

from the text; http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=5118001

Matt.13

1. [25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

from the text; http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4433461

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Bro. Walt, there is indeed much to learn from the set-appointed times of Father God, namely the Feasts of the Lord.

Yes indeed there were 2 Sabbaths the week Yeshua died, but many do not understand that because they are not taught that. I, being raised up in the Baptist denomination was always taught that Yeshua died on Friday and was resurrected on Sunday and I believed it for many years.

But as I got older and studied the scriptures and the Feast days, I saw where Yeshua spoke truth when He said in Matt 12:40-

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

And we all know you do not get 3 days and 3 nights from Friday-Sunday Morning.

Last year I was invited to an Easter Sunrise Service and was planning on attending. But in the middle of the night I was awakened and lead to this scripture in Ezekiel 8:16

So He brought me into the inner court of the Lords house; and there at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the alter, were about 25 men with their backs toward the temple of the Lord and their faces toward the east, and the were worshipping the sun toward the east.

I could not go and attend the Easter Sunrise service. Now I do not sit in judgement of anyone who does this, but for me it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had attended sunrise services in the past and thought nothing of it. But for some reason I could not bring myself to attend it.

Of course I am not a proponet of Easter as the very word is referring to a fertility Goddess. And I believe Tammuz was her son/husband and this was who the women were weeping for in the same chapter in Ezekiel.

Oh what lies we have inherited from our fathers. What traditions we have carried over into our worship of the One true God and Holy One of Israel. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hacked use from a strange Bible is the literal Greek that unlies the KJV. [Eek!] I never said that the rcc was all knowing or that they were the beginning of apostasy or the end of it either. [spiny] Apples and oranges? hmmm... do you not know that it was Gregory that gave us our current calandar?

Maybe it is you that should stop your silliness? No, of course not. What was I thinking. Like I said just mark it up to the silliness of an old woman. I will stand down, that wisdom can prevail, as it so often does when you speak Wildb. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
It has bearing in the sense that the world is being prepared for the things that the antichrist will do.

(Apples oranges)

Since the Roman Church began it has been laying the groundwork for the acceptance of the things that the antichrist will do.

(I didnt know the RC was that all knowing. )

The church has for some 1800 years been slowly infiltrated and indoctrinated with paganism and apostasy all of which are leading to the day that is coming when the son of perdition is revealed and part of that preparation is the changing of times and seasons and the drawing men away from knowledge and understanding about the appointed times of God.

( Apostasy is not just limited to the RC and it was already happening in the Body of Christ during Pauls day )

I am sorry that you think that it was ill use of the scripture. Just mark it up to an old woman's silliness.

However, I would venture that Walt and others here saw it as applicable and understood the implication.

( I would hope that the baseball fans would indeed compair the script you posted as compaired to the compleat text from the KJV I posted )

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Well I think that you are preaching good here bro Walt, but Wal Mart wont appreciate it much, they have hoards of little marshmallow bunnies and easter eggs and baskets and pretty grass, and chocolate bunnies and colored eggs and who knows what else that they have to move and so they are hoping for all God's Children to celebrate resurrection day on Sunday not Saturday.

It is all preparation my friend...

Daniel 7:25 and words as an adversary of the Most High it doth speak, and the saints of the Most High it doth wear out, and it hopeth to change seasons and law; and they are given into its hand, till a time, and times, and a division of a time.

Is it any wonder that he will come to some as a theif in the night?

Your hacked use of Danial 7:25 from a strange bible has no bearing whatso ever on this topic. Very poor use.

From the KJV

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The period of the little horn's reign is of short duration: "they shall be given into his hand untill a time and times and the dividing of time"

"Time".......................1 year
"Times" .....................2 years
"Dividing of time" ..........1/2 year

Total ...................... 3&1/2 years

It is during the last three and one-half years of the Great Tribulation that he will reign over the earth. (see Rev. 11:2-3; 12:6; 13:5)

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

It has bearing in the sense that the world is being prepared for the things that the antichrist will do. Since the Roman Church began it has been laying the groundwork for the acceptance of the things that the antichrist will do. The church has for some 1800 years been slowly infiltrated and indoctrinated with paganism and apostasy all of which are leading to the day that is coming when the son of perdition is revealed and part of that preparation is the changing of times and seasons and the drawing men away from knowledge and understanding about the appointed times of God.

I am sorry that you think that it was ill use of the scripture. Just mark it up to an old woman's silliness.

However, I would venture that Walt and others here saw it as applicable and understood the implication.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Well I think that you are preaching good here bro Walt, but Wal Mart wont appreciate it much, they have hoards of little marshmallow bunnies and easter eggs and baskets and pretty grass, and chocolate bunnies and colored eggs and who knows what else that they have to move and so they are hoping for all God's Children to celebrate resurrection day on Sunday not Saturday.

quote:
So “Good Friday” is FALSE

It happened on Wednesday

It’s EASY to discover – doesn’t take a seminary degreed theologian to find the truth.

But worse than that

God GAVE US the day of Yahshua’s death – PASSOVER

And so many CHOOSE to ignore this GREAT day Yahweh Elohim BLESSED us with to instead celebrate a FALSE MAN MADE DAY.

It is all preparation my friend...

Daniel 7:25 and words as an adversary of the Most High it doth speak, and the saints of the Most High it doth wear out, and it hopeth to change seasons and law; and they are given into its hand, till a time, and times, and a division of a time.

Is it any wonder that he will come to some as a theif in the night?

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Friday? Or what?

When was Yahshua The Messiah crucified.

The RCC created a holiday called “Good Friday” to celebrate this wondrous sacrificial act of our Master and Savior.

Then in turn the protestant church, and all it’s break off denominations inherited, and accepted this “holiday?”

But how Biblical is this?

Upon examination of God’s Breathed Scriptures, it’s clear the people within the RCC (the only “official” church at the time so this isn’t catholic bashing – only the truth) didn’t search The Scriptures very deeply

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; (John 5:39)

Let us search the Scriptures to find how they testify about the TRUTH.

Matthew 28:1-6

(1) Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.

(2) And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.

(3) And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.

(4) The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.

(5) The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.

(6) "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.

So Sunday morning – while it is just beginning to dawn - they come and find the tomb already empty

Remember this is AFTER the Sabbath (Saturday)

Mark 16:1-2

(1) When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.

(2) Very early on the first day of the week, they *came to the tomb when the sun had risen.

Look at these two verses CAREFULLY

They are recording TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS at TWO DIFFERENT TIMES

The day AFTER the Sabbath they bought spices, this CAN’T be Sunday, because the markets would not yet be open for them to buy the spices.

So they must have bought them on Friday.

But how can Friday be AFTER the Sabbath was over?

Exodus 12:15-16

(15) 'Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, but on the first day you shall remove leaven from your houses; for whoever eats anything leavened from the first day until the seventh day, that person shall be cut off from Israel.

(16) 'On the first day you shall have a holy assembly, and another holy assembly on the seventh day; no work at all shall be done on them, except what must be eaten by every person, that alone may be prepared by you.

The Feast of unleavened bread (which is the day after Passover – the day Yahshua; The Lamb of God, was sacrificed for our sins) is considered a Sabbath

Also note that the seventh day is a Sabbath.

But wait: THESE’S MORE TESTIMONY

Luke 23:54-24:1

(54) It was the preparation day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

(55) Now the women who had come with Him out of Galilee followed, and saw the tomb and how His body was laid.

(56) Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

(24:1) But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.

There was a Sabbath day AFTER they prepared the spices.

Mark 16:1
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.

Luke 23:56
Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

Scripture CAN NOT contradict Scripture, so we have to reconcile these.

They bought the spices AFTER The Sabbath was over.

The prepared the spices and rested THE NEXT DAY – Sabbath

So we have 2 Sabbath days – with a non Sabbath day between

Also remember by God’s calendar the day runs from sunset to sunset

Wednesday – Passover – non Sabbath – Yahshua sacrificed.
Thursday – Feast of Unleavened Bread - Sabbath
Friday – non Sabbath day – Mary, Mary and Salome go to the market to buy spices, go home and prepare them.
Saturday – Sabbath day
Sunday, at first dawn – women go to tomb – Yahshua already resurrected.

So “Good Friday” is FALSE

It happened on Wednesday

It’s EASY to discover – doesn’t take a seminary degreed theologian to find the truth.

But worse than that

God GAVE US the day of Yahshua’s death – PASSOVER

And so many CHOOSE to ignore this GREAT day Yahweh Elohim BLESSED us with to instead celebrate a FALSE MAN MADE DAY.

John 8:31-32

(31) So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;

(32) and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

So are you going to KNOW ABSOLUTELY (Strong definition) the Truth and bet set free?

John 4:22-24

(22) "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

(23) "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

(24) "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Are you going to worship The Father in spirit and truth

Luke 8:11-18

(11) "Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God.

(12) "Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.

(13) "Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away.

(14) "The seed which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to maturity.

(15) "But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.

(16) "Now no one after lighting a lamp covers it over with a container, or puts it under a bed; but he puts it on a lampstand, so that those who come in may see the light.

(17) "For nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light.

(18) "So take care how you listen; for whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him."

Which soil describes your heart receiving The Word of Truth?

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement