Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Of Seeds and other Myths (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Of Seeds and other Myths
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace,

(Your not finding reference to “grudge” is not surprising since you are looking in the wrong places.)

The signature that you are using has deep spiritual meaning, not something to be taken lightly, (example: by His grace we live and have our being). So bringing your signature into the discussion would not be so unusual, besides you are the one wearing the emblem of our faith as though it were your own personal property And any way, your signature was questioned when you and I first started but maybe you missed that.

II Corinthians 4:3 is a hypothetical. “If” is how it begins. This allows that those that are blinded do not have to be, (and “if” the lost are left in the dark the Christians do not really have to let that go on either). And none of this is straying off subject because in your posting dated 10-12-05 4:39 PM you are bandying about “absolutes” as though they really are absolutes.

It is suspected that your reluctance to lend support for your opinions is because there is no support to lend. (Do you really consider your words will be accepted just because they are repeated many times over?)

To support your claims would take a lot of work and I see that you tire easily. So your absence is-

Excused

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AMH:
HisGrace,Will you show us where the Bible verses are that say that Christians can “absolutely” as you put it, hold grudges.

You used the word 'grudge' first AMH. Couldn't find it in the Bible. You also have gone off topic by discussing my signature. Will get back to you later regarding both questions.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Has Genesis 3:15 been fulfilled?
Answer:
The extrapolation that Eve had hopes that Cain was to be the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 does have a certain pull.

Thanks for your 'calculation of the value of a function outside the range of known values' explanation. I personally thought my own interpretation was pretty accurate and straight forward.
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has Genesis 3:15 been fulfilled?

Answer:

The extrapolation that Eve had hopes that Cain was to be the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 does have a certain pull. Cain was the first born, he was lifted up with pride, Eve called him out by name in Genesis 4:1 and the fact that having to wait was not something that Adam and Eve were all that willing to do, (it would be very surprising at this time to have to think in terms of millenniums). Certainly it did not take Eve all that long to realize that Cain was more interested in bruising the head of the righteous.

There are those today that believe that Genesis 3:15 has not been fulfilled. That the Messiah has not come. That the head of the Serpent has not been bruised. This belief is defined by John to be antichrist toward the end of the New Testament.

There are those today that believe that Genesis 3:15 has been fulfilled in every respect of the word.

There are those that do not know or do not care.

Then there are those that believe that Genesis 3:15 has only been partially fulfilled.

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace,

Your verse quote is from the New Living Translation, (I am using the King James).

Looking over your question, what is it about II Corinthians 4:3 that you want me to address?

The passage is pertinent to this thread in that Satan blinds to the truth. Our concern should be on how this blinding process works.

II Corinthians 4:2, (the prior verse) condemns dishonesty, craftiness and handling the word of God deceitfully. I would like to be the first to say that Satan is dishonest, crafty and that he likes to handle the word deceitfully! So this is how the process works.

We could shorten all that by using the term “false doctrine”.

Satan blinds through “false doctrine”.

We will leave this for a moment in order to turn to a part of your answer to me-

Will you show us where the Bible verses are that say that Christians can “absolutely” as you put it, hold grudges.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
HisGrace,I will first ask of you-
Can a person be a Christian and hold grudges?

Absolutely. As long as we are in these earthly bodies we are going to have to constantly die to our fleshly temptations such as pride, jealousy, grudges etc. We daily have to strive to become perfected, but will never be perfect until we receive our glorified bodies upon death.

quote:
by AMH - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Genesis 3:15)
When shall we say that this scripture has been fulfilled.

This scripture means that even though Satan (the serpent) has deceived Eve, she will realize his crafty ways and turn against him with disgust.

Her seed, Jesus, will bruise his head by totally defeating the devil and his principalities through His death on the cross. However, the devil will bruise the heel of Jesus' spiritual seed by persecution and temptation.

Therefore, this scripture has already been fulfilled.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

15) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Genesis 3:15)

When shall we say that this scripture has been fulfilled?

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace,

I will first ask of you-

Can a person be a Christian and hold grudges?

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO - please share this scripture with us ???
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

In the Bible there is a character of peculiar intellect. Although his pace started leisurely enough this soon turned into a dog-trot and he has been after mankind ever since. He hides himself in time but now has been reduce to playing the same old rumpled cards.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement