Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Upcoming Economic Troubles? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Upcoming Economic Troubles?
volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the U.S. economy fall I'm going to SHOUT
Hallelujah [clap2] Hallelujah [clap2] Hallelujah [clap2]

Then people will really SEE their need for Jesus.

It will be a great opportunity for ministry

People will be more open to the Gospel

--------------------
Don't wish for a better day
Be glad and use the one you're in
Fear God and do exactly what He says
That's what matters
All else fades like the flowers

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich H
Advanced Member
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp,

I have the same feeling for the last couple
of years now. It would only take one major
event to throw us over the edge.

Peace
Rich

Posts: 30 | From: Metro Detroit | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing to remember though... its always easy to think about ourselves...

More people live in poverty in Africa, South America, Asia, Mexico, Eastern Europe, and some Pacific Islands than live in the US, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia. I would assume, though I don't know, that more Christians live in the poorer countries as well. Living without material wealth is a reality for many who do not have the means to partake in a discussion such as this.

On a brighter note for the US... we still have the largest, most diversified, most business friendly economy in the world. Our economy grew at around 1% a couple years ago when the recession happened. Germany would love a 1% growth rate.

But I agree that saving is always a wise idea [Smile]

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends, something has been laid on my heart over the last few weeks that I feel the need to share with you. I believe that an economic crash is coming in the near future. I believe that it will affect the U.S. and probably the entire globe although the hardest hit will be us. I don't want to scare anybody but I just want you all to be aware of my thoughts. I will provide some links to why I feel this way. Take this with a grain of salt and use your best judgement and discernment about what to do. I don't proclaim to be prophetic, I'm just taking my feelings from my Spirit about the articles that I see in the news daily. With that said, here goes:

Wholesale Price Jumps Spark Inflation Fears on Wall Street
NEW YORK (AP) - Stocks were mixed Friday as a Labor Department report showed wholesale prices rising at the fastest rate in six years, prompting new fears of inflation on Wall Street.

The end of the road for the American dream?
The American dream has reached the end of the road and its time for the European dream to take over as the new global vision for the 21st century, according to American author and analyst Jeremy Rifkin, as seen in an EU Observer article.

China emerges as global consumer
China has overtaken the US in the consumption of basic agricultural and industrial goods, a survey has found.

Iran Blast Report Shocks World Markets
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian state television sent ripples through world financial markets on Wednesday after it reported a powerful explosion near the town of Dailam, about 100 miles from the oil state's only nuclear power plant.

U.S. Intelligence Officials Worried About Possible Attack Against the American Homeland
WASHINGTON (AP) - Groups associated with al-Qaida are at the top of the list of threats to the United States, leading government intelligence officials said Wednesday, saying Iran has emerged as a top threat to American interests in the Middle East.

Dollar Continues Gradual Fall Against Euro
BERLIN (AP) - The U.S. dollar slipped slightly Tuesday against the euro, which edged up to just below $1.30 after a survey showed German finance experts' outlook for Europe's biggest economy brightening.

Chinese demand set to push Opec to limit
The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries signalled a significant tightening of oil markets towards the end of this year, warning on Wednesday it would have to pump close to its maximum capacity next winter to meet rising demand from China against the backdrop of slowing Russian production.

'04 Deficit Hits New High, Dips in Dec.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. trade deficit ballooned to an all-time high of $617.7 billion last year, pushed by soaring oil prices and Americans' insatiable appetite for everything foreign, from cars to toys and food.

China poised to overtake US in 2020s
WASHINGTON - China's unprecedented rise, fueled by foreign investment and technology, has put the Asian giant on a path to surpass the United States economically by 2025, the author of a new book on China said on Tuesday.

China's Direct Investment Overseas Jumps 27 Percent in 2004
SHANGHAI, China (AP) - Direct investment overseas by Chinese companies rose 27 percent over a year earlier to $3.6 billion in 2004, highlighting this country's growing economic influence, the government reported Monday.

$1.3 Trillion in Deficits Forecast Over Decade
The budget deficit is becoming a knottier problem in the short term and will be a potentially catastrophic one in the future, the Congressional Budget Office reported today.

Central banks shift reserves away from U.S.
Central banks are shifting reserves away from the U.S. and towards the eurozone in a move that looks set to deepen the Bush administration's difficulties in financing its ballooning current account deficit.

Warren Buffett, Bill Gates betting billions against the greenback
"I'm short the dollar," Mr Gates told television interviewer Charlie Rose this weekend at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "The ol' dollar, it's gonna go down."

Ominous: The US deficit vs the dollar
The chart above shows the deficit rose to a whopping US$166.2 billion for the second quarter of 2004. Annualized, that's $664.8 billion, or approaching 6.5% of US gross domestic product. As bad as this seems, it will probably get worse before it gets better.

Now once again, I don't want to scare anyone, I just want you to be aware of what is happening with our economy. Our mounting debt, war expenditures, climbing interest rates and more possible divestment are problems that I see escalating. If enough people/countries begin to divest in our economy, the snowball will be rolling fast. It's on the horizon and I see no way to fix these issues. Our mounting war fund investment should continue with further hostilities around the middle east and possibly the world.

Do your own research and come to your own conclusion. Let me finish by saying that it wouldn't hurt to save a few bucks if you can. I don't know if this collapse will happen before or after the rapture but we should be prepared nevertheless.

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement