Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Upcoming Economic Troubles? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Upcoming Economic Troubles?
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sharp falls in equity markets around the globe, the $10 oil price drop from an all time high and the falling-off of US bond yields from 4.60 to 4.25% – all add up to a tremor rippling across world markets that is generated by fear of a slowdown in the making.

This fear is succored by a dangerous combination of factors: an expanding trade deficit, rocketing oil and commodities prices, a weak American labor market and, most of all, looming stagflation (inflation plus recession).

International Monetary Fund (IMF) heads gathered last weekend in Washington voiced concerns about growth, especially in the United States, under the burden of expensive oil and the soaring US trade deficit, which surged in February to the new all-time record of $61 billion. Finance ministers and central bankers from Europe, America and Japan, are deeply disturbed by high oil prices. Although oil fell back this week from its record $60 a barrel to below $50, a barrel still costs 50% more than it did two years ago. This poses a real threat to economic growth rates in developed countries led by America, Europe and Japan.

What world economic experts find most disturbing is the hint of stagflation in the United States posed by rising inflation (caused by spiraling prices of commodities and oil), unemployment and a weak labor market. The most serious aspect of stagflation is that it has no surefire economic cure.

View the rest:
Creeping Specter of World Economic Slowdown

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

More pressure on the economy:

Dow Tumbles 198 on Economic Worries
quote:
The Dow fell 198 points after an already uneasy market was disappointed with the latest economic news. The Federal Reserve reported drops in manufacturing and other industrial production, while a Labor Department report also showed higher oil costs driving up import prices and worsening Wall Street's chronic inflation worries.
Watch for more of this next week. If the market continues to stay weak, we could be in for a very rough ride soon.

Ripp
unregistered

I really don't like all these negative trends. I see a collapse coming soon if nothing is done about it. This isn't the first article that mentions a possible slowdown of international funding. And I know of a few rogue nations that would jump at the opportunity if our country was collapsing from it's insatiable spending habits. All it would take is one country and/or bank to say "no more" to begin the snowball effect. Just one. Hmm...

quote:
Trade deficits of this magnitude have raised worries among economists about America's ability to continue to attract the foreign financing needed to cover the shortfall between exports and imports. If foreigners decided to hold fewer dollar-denominated investments such as stocks and bonds, it could trigger steep declines in U.S. stock prices and a sharp increase in interest rates.
Trade Deficit Hits All-Time High in Feb.

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by danny458:
quote:
Ripp: Who are you referring to? The born again believers, or just the people who can discern the times?
I am referring to any believer that says with 100% confidence, and stands up publically that end in imminent. (ie... this generation WILL be the last!) If one claims to be sooooo confident and knowledgable, (especially if they claim to have a dicsernment gift from God) I would think they that such a person would own no long term assets. So I'm curious if you back up your beliefs with action, or if your beliefs aren't as strong as you portray them to be.
Thank you, I appreciate you answering my question. Now to answer yours.

In order for God to get my undivided attention, He needed to break me down. This unfortunately took 34 years until I was ready to stop fighting and give my life to Jesus. Within those 34 years, I had many hardships. I was fighting and tugging and pulling but God would not let me go.

He tore me completely down. By that I mean financially, romantically and mentally. I was serving too many gods and had to be cleansed of those things. He took away my businesses, fiancee, house and other worldly possesions.

During the 34 years, I did set up retirement funds. Those are all that remain from that time, besides my personal possesions.

Danny, what you don't understand is that I never said that Jesus WOULD come back within ten years. But God has called me to be a watcher, and that is what I'm doing. I post because I see the storm approaching while most don't. Even though we have this verse:

quote:
32"But of that day and hour no one knows , not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. [Mark 13:32]
I don't know the day or the hour, nobody does. BUT, we also have this passage:

quote:
2He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, "It will be fair weather, for the sky is red'; 3and in the morning, "It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. [Matthew 16:2-3]
Some are called to discern the signs of the times Danny. I can see the approaching storm. All the signs that we are to look for are here.

The world is a snare to most. If life is good, people don't want to leave it. But, no matter what you think, the Lord is coming back soon.

Should people get retirement accounts and/or savings? Absolutely. Why? Because we don't know the day or the hour. So, we must prepare for the future as if it will happen. BUT, we must ALSO prepare for His return. That means, repenting and living for Jesus. The choice is yours on what to do. I just point out the signs. If that offends you, then maybe you should read Matthew 24 and Luke 21.

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ripp: Who are you referring to? The born again believers, or just the people who can discern the times?
I am referring to any believer that says with 100% confidence, and stands up publically that end in imminent. (ie... this generation WILL be the last!) If one claims to be sooooo confident and knowledgable, (especially if they claim to have a dicsernment gift from God) I would think they that such a person would own no long term assets. So I'm curious if you back up your beliefs with action, or if your beliefs aren't as strong as you portray them to be.
Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
I agree with you Betty 100%!

Rip - you seem sooooo confident that the end is coming within this generation. You have publically doubted my faith after I have challenged you on this. You spend countless hours trying to convince everyone that most every news story is prophecy being fufuilled and follow it up with comments like "See?!? Its happening!" You have claimed that you have a gift of discernment that allows you to see things that others (I, for example) cant see. Is your faith and confidence strong enough to allow you to give all your resources to save as many souls as possible NOW?

I ask again, do you own any long term retirement accounts or assets?

There you go making unfounded accusations again. I never doubted your faith because of your belief that the world won't end anytime soon. I asked if you were saved because you say things like:

quote:
I don't think that easing the suffering of people is a bad thing. Even if the gospel isn't included.
Someone with Jesus in their heart won't say something like this Danny. Sorry, but if you say you are saved yet you don't want the Gospel to be included with helping people, you need to repent and come back to Jesus.

I asked you in both threads because you avoid my questions and sarcasm in this one. I could care less when you think the world will end, but you attack the foundation of Christianity and what the Word says.

So, stop making false accusations and rhetoric. If you can't have a reasonable conversation without lying, don't post. First you accuse me of not wanting to feed the poor or help the needy. If you are going to reply to my posts, please read them first.

P.S. I'm not going to answer your question until you answer mine. You never do answer my questions, you just avoid them. This is a common tactic however, so if you don't want to answer them, don't. But don't expect me to answer yours.

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Betty 100%!

Rip - you seem sooooo confident that the end is coming within this generation. You have publically doubted my faith after I have challenged you on this. You spend countless hours trying to convince everyone that most every news story is prophecy being fufuilled and follow it up with comments like "See?!? Its happening!" You have claimed that you have a gift of discernment that allows you to see things that others (I, for example) cant see. Is your faith and confidence strong enough to allow you to give all your resources to save as many souls as possible NOW?

I ask again, do you own any long term retirement accounts or assets?

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I say live your life like Jesus is coming back today but prepare for the future like He is coming in 50 years. If Jesus comes this moment, somebody can have my stuff. I am ready to be with Jesus.
betty

Lol Betty! You beat me to it, well put and certainly Scriptural. [hug]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say live your life like Jesus is coming back today but prepare for the future like He is coming in 50 years. If Jesus comes this moment, somebody can have my stuff. I am ready to be with Jesus.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
So can you answer my question then Ripp?

Do you have long term savings? And if so, why?

Answer my question first then I will answer yours.
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

So can you answer my question then Ripp?

Do you have long term savings? And if so, why?

Ripp
unregistered

Danny,

Have you been reborn by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, repented of your sins, and asked Jesus to live for you?

quote:
Do you people who say that with the utmost confidence have any long term savings and/or retirment accounts?
Who are you referring to? The born again believers, or just the people who can discern the times?
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 3 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always be wary of reading too much in to statistics. Yes, in a financial sense, always be prepared for a disastor, but don't be taken in by a few 'shocking' graphs or stats. The world has changed in the past 50 years. The US went from being semi-isolationist to the heart of a global service economy. With the relative peace in the world and the lack of a second 'super power' its no surprise to see these 'never seen before' numbers come in. There are economists with much more education and qualification than you and I have combined times 10 working and studying these issues everyday.

But money shouldn't matter at all right? The world is ending within the next 10 years, right?? (slight sarcasm) That does beg the question though... I see so much confidence on these boards that the world will be ending in this generation... Do you people who say that with the utmost confidence have any long term savings and/or retirment accounts? This would be for people under about age 35 - 40 I suppose...

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
AMERICA has been warned many times in recent years that its profligate spending is dangerous, for itself and for the world economy. So far, however, Americans have ignored such doom-mongering, gleefully driving their current-account and budget deficits to record levels. Now the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) seem to be trying to stage an intervention. This week, both have come out with reports on the global financial situation—and both reports give warning that America’s fiscal irresponsibility poses serious risks to the world economy.
You need us and we need you

Can anyone see the storm coming yet? Look at that graph!

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A marvelous perspective and insight which you have shared Danny. Thank you.

Our worldview is so often ethocentric from our western perspective. We have not walked a mile in the moccasins of those on the very edge of life itself, one morsel of food away from starvation. Often a Brother does not feel blessed without a new car, in-ground swimming pool, large screen tv, etc.

Whatever happens we know that our God reigns, and whatever the circumstances of our fleeting sojourn on this foreign soil, our destiny is mansions in glory in the presence of the Master.

What a marvelous "walk" you are having Danny, and what a treasure house of memory to store.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 20 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Economic issues are tough... especially for Americans and other westerners.

Its natural to think of yourself. That's human nature. So I'm not condemming anyone for thinking this way.

I am writing this from an Internet cafe in Tanzania. I am paying about 30 cents an hour. I had a huge meal last night for about $1.50 at a nice restaraunt. I can go anywhere in the country for less than $50 on luxuray first class coaches that the locals could never afford. I can easily buy the bottled water and drink fresh clean water everyday, something the locals cant do. I hired taxi this morning for 2 hours. I paid about $6, and the driver was thrilled.

I don't really have a point in this post. Just a reminder that more people already live an economic disator everyday in the world... even compared to the US or European poor.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are not as able to do as we used to. We worked 5 years as volunteers in a food bank. We are no longer physically able to do so. I wish that we had the finances to do more. Being on a fixed income with out health insurance does place limits.
But, you are right, everyone should do more.
As I sit here at my computer with my coffee, I realize that I am blessed by God. You don't have to be rich to be used by God. Even after we were no longer able to work at the food bank, God did provide opportunities for us to serve Him, and I am grateful for that.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we should feel sorrow for those who are suffering.

But it MUST be manifested with action, feeling sorry for the hurting and suffering without doing anything is meaningless.

James 2:14-17
(14) What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
(15) If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
(16) and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
(17) Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

Look at mordern society's idea of compassion and action, they wear ribbons. Black ribbons for aids, pink ribbons for breast cancer, what is THAT?
See verses 16-17.

Sure, you walk up to someone dying with aids and say "I have compassion for you, see my ribbon"

As if THAT will make them feel any better.

When I originally posted to this topic of economic trouble, saying I would praise God, I wasn't infering I would be happy to see people suffer.

Rather I look at as an OPPORTUNITY to minister Jesus to people who didn't see their need for Him previous to their economic woes.

Will Christians suffer when this happens?

Not really, if their focus is Jesus, and they are filled with the JOY of The Holy Spirit.

See Joy is NOT based on circumstances, it is rooted In Christ.

The enemy, or the world CAN NOT steal our joy.

Ecconomic woes can't steal it.

Poor health can't rob it.

Loose you job?

Praise God that you don't have to buy a ticket to get into Heaven, that the price is already paid.
Then use the additional available time to read His Word, and go out and Minister to the REAL hurting people.

Lose ALL your retirement?

Praise God that He has a retirement plan OUT OF THIS WORLD [clap2]

Dying from cancer?

Praise God the pain is only TEMPORARY, that you'll be seeing Him soon. Then start ministering to the ones around you. When people see your joy THRU the suffering they will SEE CHRIST.

Our Joy is not based in money, jobs, retirement plans, health care, health, housing, or anything ON EARTH.

OUR JOY IS BASED SOLELY ON THE SHED BLOOD OF JESUS AND HIS RESSURECTION [hyper] [youpi] [clap2] [wiggle7] [rapture] [dance]

If that doesn't make your heart leep, you've got a heart problem.

--------------------
Don't wish for a better day
Be glad and use the one you're in
Fear God and do exactly what He says
That's what matters
All else fades like the flowers

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"I get upset and angry at people who seem to view the upcoming trials and tribulations negatively because I perceive that as a love of the world, when I myself find signs of the end times as something to get me excited hoping He will be back soon. That is where my contribution to the thread came from and it was in no way directed at you."
------------------
I still though I am longing with all my heart for Jesus return, feel for those who will suffer. We should still feel sorrow for thosw who suffer.
Not everybody is looking for a mansion. Some people would just like to have health care and a home of their own. I don't think these are selfish desires.
When a woman gives birth, even though she knows that it is worth it, the pain is still very real. We can still feel compassion for her as she suffers.
betty

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric, I am glad to see you are feeling better today. I worried over you and prayed about this last night.

I think you know or at least should be aware that I am very much an end-times watcher and prophecy student myself, so if you thought my post was in any way directed at you, I am surprised, because it was not. I myself have posted many topics over in the end times forum.

I get upset and angry at people who seem to view the upcoming trials and tribulations negatively because I perceive that as a love of the world, when I myself find signs of the end times as something to get me excited hoping He will be back soon. That is where my contribution to the thread came from and it was in no way directed at you.

The Bible says that a camel has a better chance of getting through the eye of a needle than a rich man has of getting into heaven. There is a very good reason for that. A rich man or woman really rarely feels like they *need* anything and they are convinced of their own ability to take care of themselves and to be their own provider and they also often become enslaved to their things (their heart is with their worldly treasure).

I see the historic prosperity of the United States as nothing more than a tool of Satan used to render this nation slowly powerless in things spiritual. It was never a blessing, in my opinion, as it rarely seems to have led to good things but most often to increasing levels of debauchery and Godlessness.

The reality of the "rich-get-richer while the poor get poorer but can't we all still have the American dream (big house, nice cars)" mentality that pervades every aspect of American life has killed our family life, has kept Christians from serving God because they have car payments and mortgages to pay, has kept church members from paying the bills of fellow members of their churches who are in need...etc. It is a curse, and if we could be delivered of it, I believe a great many would come to know the Lord as their savior.

Would it be easy or enjoyable for any of us? I daresay not, except for a few avid outdoorsmen/adventuresome types perhaps. But if the ultimate reward is that of more souls in heaven, it would be worth the price. It is my belief that this is the purpose of the Great Tribulation - to finally make people see, as their things and their comfort will be stripped away from them. It is a shame God has to resort to such measures to make some wake up to the Truth, but in contrast it is awesome that he would be willing to go to such extremes to win souls to Him.

Keep your eyes focused on Him, my brother, and join me in my prayer of Maranatha, come quickly Lord Jesus.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Linda,

I already told you that I forgive you. I am not one to hold grudges. I love all of you in Christ and this has gotten blown up out of proportion which is my fault and I apologize.

In truth, it's been difficult for me at times. Ever since I was saved, I have been able to see the spiritual battles that take place (feels like a curse sometimes). I pick up on even the miniscule battles that occur throughtout the day. Believe me, I wish I could ignore them sometimes but I just can't. They are there, I see them. I even pick up on the flesh responses of people, including myself. I hate my flesh, I hate others flesh. I realize that most of you will call me too sensitive, and perphaps you are right. The only thing I can think of, is that I am this way because He wants me to see the struggle and warfare in order to be able to warn people about these things.

I realize that most times when we are in the flesh we don't realize it. We say things that we don't mean which I am just as guilty as the next person. Unfortunately (seems like it anyway), not only do I pick up on others flesh, but mine as well. I picked up on some minor attacks today and probably should have let them go. But, it's getting harder to do every day as I learn more about our flesh and the spiritual warfare being waged. It can be quite miserable sometimes as you can imagine. Some days I feel like jumping out of my skin. It's a good thing that He gave me a short memory for these things. The daily grind would be unbearable if I couldn't sleep things off.

We all must become more aware of our flesh. Sometimes we don't realize what we are saying or doing to others before it's too late. Our flesh is a nasty vehicle for satan's purpose so we must don our Godly armor every day. And I am just as guilty as the next person, believe me. I don't want you guys to think I am preaching here, because I am the least of the saints. God humbles me every day, sometimes breaking me down into tears. The things He has shown me are priceless and difficult at the same time. I just wish I was able to share them in a more efficient and less fleshy way. There are pros and cons to a strong will I suppose.

I am embarrased and humbled by all of your responses. I never intended to get this kind of attention, nor do I want it. I'm sorry for the disruption. I posted what I thought was a fair response in how I felt about what I saw, I obviously miscalculated. I would however, hope and pray that we all will learn something from this. If we search our Spirit, we will see what the flesh is doing. Sometimes it's hard to see, but we must try. A humble heart is able to admit mistakes and learn from it. Ignoring what the Spirit tells us is dangerous. Even the slightest of jabs can be potent enough to become a nasty poison. If we can become more aware of the spiritual battles that occur, we can then learn from them and become more like Christ. Even though we may not perceive what we say or do as an attack on someone, the wound was still made. Some people are going to pick up on these things, some won't. But the point is we need to learn that we do these things. It may not be intentional, but it's just as hurtful. A wound hurts, even if it's delivered in a pretty wrapped box. We must try and perceive what our flesh is trying to do before things happen.

If this doesn't make any sense, I apologize. It's hard for me to understand myself sometimes. "Why me" has gone through my head more than once. The darkness of this world can become quite confusing at times. Those times seem to be expanding as we watch the storm approaching from the horizon. I know I sense it.

I'm sorry for this to have gotten like this, it wasn't my intention. I will try and deal with these things on a personal basis from now on. Perhaps I will add a section on my webpage for weekly responses. I love you all very much in Christ. I think that's why I get so jumpy sometimes. The day will soon come when we can shed these sickly tents and move into our Father's house. Until that time, I pray that we can all overcome our flesh and follow Jesus in the walk that He has planned for us. Whatever our walk or our calling, let us walk with dignity and grace which we have received from the Father. May His grace shine through us like a beacon as a reminder of why we are here.

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric: I cannot make you see that It was not a knife at your work; it was a knife none the less and it was not right and I deserve to have everyone upset with me; but it was not a knife at you and I cannot change that you believe that it was.

I regret having said it. I can admit its wrongness and I can ask forgiveness and I can do my upmost not to ever do something like that again, but I cannot change what you believe it meant in your own mind.

There is only one person that wants you to keep believing that and it is Satan. I was a party to his work once in this thread and I wont be any more.

All day I have worried that by telling the truth about who the knife was wielded at, I would make the situation worse, because now two more will be hurt and offended because I had to admit that I was reacting to them and not your posting of the news; but I had to decide that it was better for GranmaJo and Texasgrandma to be mad at me and think I wronged them because I did and I deserve that, than for you to think that I was against your posting of the news. I am not. I am against what I perceived as your attacking our new poster for posting his thoughts here, but I should have handled that with you instead of letting that add to my already angry state and then lashing out and my two sisters as I did. As it were I dont think that they even knew I was lashing out at them, and you were hurt. Why? because the enemy wants you to stop posting your news. Because the enemy wants me to be the cause of your stoping posting your news.

I expalined to you what I do believe about our different minstries and I was told that by God himself. They are all important to the body and there is not one more valuable than another, so because I do not understand or share your passion for the news does not mean that I demean it.

What I was mad about was and is that we see this stuff happening and we fear and we worry about clinging to our lives in this world; and we jump on our brother for saying don't worry trust God.

Regardless, the Bible says be mad and do not sin. I did not follow the Bible. And I sinned against every one of you. I am sorry.

Ripp... I hope you will continue to post the news and to the rest of you I also hope you will forgive me.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp

I am not going to preach at you here, bro. Sometimes people throw around the words "brother" and "sister" (and other words) without holding to what they really mean. I understand how the Lord has called you--and I can identify with the mission He's given you. I'm one person on this board that you will never need to explain yourself to, when posting your info. I'm an "end-time" watcher too, but you, my friend are one of the true sentinels on the wall. I heed what you say--rather than get my concordance out and make sure your biblical grammar is good (usually it is breathtaking).

I sincerely pray you will not part from us. Think it over some, take it to the Lord. You are welcomed, and valued greatly, here.

For those who think fellowship can mean shooting down your brethren with arrows wrapped in Bible verses... may I invite you down to the Prayer Request forum... where there are demonic forces in peoples' lives that need casting out, and someone with Biblical arrow shooting power will find plenty of targets other than their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Ripp... the choice is yours, buddy, but my vote is: please stay.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Ripp,

I just want to say amen to your newest posting and that I'm in agreement with you. I pray that you'll continue to post your news because it truly is important to know just what is going on in the world around us. To ignore the events that are occurring at a very rapid rate would be like sticking our heads in the sand! Your ministry that you've been called to do is just as important in the body of Christ as any one else's calling and you're doing a tremendous job! Looking forward to your news postings and God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp

I NEVER attacked your posting, or told you HOW or WHAT to post.

I NEVER said what you did was not of God or unimportant.

So I have nothing to apologige for.

Look at my firt reply

quote:
If the U.S. economy fall I'm going to SHOUT
Hallelujah [clap2] Hallelujah [clap2] Hallelujah [clap2]

Then people will really SEE their need for Jesus.

It will be a great opportunity for ministry

People will be more open to the Gospel

I was stating how I would reply.

I never tore down or belittled what you said or did.

Look what the response was to what I posted

quote:
volodymyrdolgoruki

I am sorry that is just plain mean.

I think people are WAY to easily offended.

And YES we are ALL CALLED to evangilize to some degree.

How we act at work

How we act at the malls and shops

How we treat ALL the people we come across is our witness, a reflection of Christ.

Weather we like it or not, our life is a constant testimony. 24-7

--------------------
That's what matters

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

I think the thing that irks me most about the current situation of the Church is the division. The body of Christ seems to want to tear each other down just as the world would have us do. Why must we all be street-preaching, Bible-thumping evangelists to be considered part of the body? Why must we try to justify our Christian walk by minimizing anothers walk? Just because my calling is different than yours, am I less of a Godly man? Do I have LESS Spirit if I don't hit the streets tomorrow yelling at passerbys about John 3:16? Or, am I NOT Spiritual if I don't?

I have seen it before. In fact, a month after I got saved I was told that my work wasn't of God and I must go out and save people, not post about the end times news. My work was inferior and unjustified in God's eyes. If I wasn't out preaching to the masses and saving souls on the spot, I wasn't led by the Spirit.

Why?

Am I not called by God to do my work? Have I been tricked by satan into thinking that my work matters to God? Could it be that everything I know in Christ is a lie? Could it be that that fateful night of giving myself to Christ was just a game satan played with me? Even though we are told that Jesus is the way, am I NOT going that 'way' if I continue to post end times news instead of grabbing my Bible and heading for the beltway? Is my calling just a sham? Are my WORKS what's really important to God? If I give myself to Jesus Christ yet don't become a minister, am I not worthy of God's grace?

You see, the flesh is alive and well in the body of Christ. It's alive here and all across the world. Christians would rather argue and tear each other down than to support one another in thier own personal call and walk with the Lord. It's much easier to profess anothers iniquities rather than becoming more like Christ. It's easier for someone to point out the weaknesses in someone else rather than to acknowledge their own weaknesses. The body of Christ is succumbing to the apostacy just as much as the world is falling down a deep, dark hole. Instead of lifting each other up to Jesus Christ, we are grabbing their ankles trying to bring them down to our level so we feel comfortable.

quote:
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? [Matthew 7:3]
volodymyrdolgoruki wrote:
quote:
Overall the topic needs to be Christ.

What we have in Him

Our eyes needs to be focused on Him and not the storms.

If you focus on the storm, rather than Christ be warned...

To be told that I can't post something without meeting certain requirements is why I addressed this. I don't think I should be told of what to post, nor the content. Not only that, but I get a warning too? Am I the only one who understands what this quote means? Like I said before, I don't mind, and yes I actually encourage Bible versus posted in reply to my posts. Isn't that what it's all about, God's Word? But to be told that I have to post a certain way rubs me the wrong way and is a part of what is wrong with the body of Christ today. Unless a believer fits a certain mold or qualifies themselves in the proper way, we are not part of the body. We are castaways heading down a dark road of sin, etc. Just because I didn't include any Bible verses in this post, doesn't mean that I never do. In fact, my post before that was chock full of verses from Daniel and Revelation. Is that ok with everyone? Was that post alright? Should we go back and scan my sentences for proper quotage?

Betty wrote:
quote:
Ripp,
sorry, hon. We do need to pay attention to the news so we will not be taken unaware.
betty

This was not addressed to you Betty. I'm sorry, I should have made clear who I was addressing.

quote:
Sorry

Didn't mean to break the rules.

It has nothing to do with the rules but everything about manners. Like I said, please feel free to post on your passage and such, but please don't tell me how to post. I welcome Bible verses to discuss, but not guidelines for posting from standards that don't match yours.

helpforhomeschoolers wrote:
quote:
I don't think you broke any rules volodymyrdolgoruki, I just think that you tried to sell "the Gospel Hour" on CNN at Prime time and no one was buying.

Kind of like trying to get the Wall Street Journal to publish an excerpt from "More Than a Carpenter".

I too have been called mean because I think what ever comes God is in control and HIS grace sufficient to get us through it.

All of this is just part of the world moving closer and closer to the day of HIS return and that is HIS will and it is why we watch.

AND NOW.........................

BACK TO THE NEWS!

That cut like a knife Linda. The undertone there is that I am secular, news hound who cares nothing for the Word of God. I have already posted on this and you know how I feel.

quote:
My question to all is this

A]Is The Christian News forum just for posting of news stories?

Or

B]Is it also for our reaction and response to the news?

If it's A,
I apoligize for injecting where I shouldn't be.

If it's B
Let's drop the hurt feelings and focus on showing Jesus to a dark, hurting, lost world.

You keep missing the point. You can post whatever you like, JUST LIKE ME. But please be polite and don't rush to judge others about what you feel post-worthy. If you have a passage you would like to discuss, you are free to post about it. I'm sure you wouldn't want the thought police telling you how to make your posts, whether or not they have contained the proper amount of Bible passages. It's just not good manners. Maybe I am a bit sensitive about it but I'm tired of this type of fleshy comments/actions by the body of Christ. Let me do my work that I was called to do, and you do yours. Isn't that what Jesus wants us to do?

quote:
Brothers and sisters, let's not let our flesh get in the way of spreading The Good news of our Risen Savior.

Then perhaps we can not let our flesh get in the way of others work? Can I do my work in peace? That is all my Spirit asks, a little peace and quiet from the body of Christ. I expect persecution from the world, but not from fellow brothers and sisters.

LaurieFL wrote:
quote:
2.) I think we can and should always be able to have discussions on any and all posts, and I think we generally have done so, no matter the forum.
I'm not saying that we shouldn't. I was the one being censored here. I believe that the Word SHOULD be brought up to what I post. Isn't that what it's all about, the Word? My reply was about what I should have contained in MY post.

Linda wrote:
quote:
I do not understand your passion for this stuff, but I do not deny its value or importance to the body or your calling to do this that you do by God himself.

Linda, I don't understand all of what you and other fellow believers do either. But, how can I, in Christ, allow my flesh to judge you and claim your works void or criticize you? We need to put down our stones and follow Jesus Christ in His walk. We are all called to do different things. Do you really think I would CHOOSE to wade through the scum-filled news EVERY SINGLE DAY by choice?! I get sick to my stomach some nights reading such bile. The world makes me nausious and I would prefer to do a different work, but how can I argue with God? I tried that for 34 years and it doesn't work. My work is my work. I've been called to do it, like it or not...

quote:
Eric: I was also angry with you for saying this was not the place to discuss scripture, but my attack was not at you.

I never said that Linda! I said that he could make an alternate post to discuss a particular passage INSTEAD of trying to force me to include it in MY post.

quote:
Then I read on and here comes others to agree and then I read you post Ripp that if you had wanted to talk about that scripture you would have posted on that scripture...this was the news channel here so to speak.

I never said that it was the news channel. Here's what I said, please read carefully.

Ripp wrote:
quote:
If you read the topic of my first post, you will see the that it is about upcoming economic troubles. If I wanted to talk about that passage, I would have posted under a different name. If you feel the need to discuss that passage, please feel free to make an alternate post. If you notice the category that I posted this under, you will notice that it says, "Christian News", not "Biblestudy". I appreciate your input on this topic but not to be told of what I should post.

My response was to being told about what my topic should be about. I said what I did because if HE felt the need to discuss that passage, he could make a new post, NOT tell me what to post about. Does that not make sense to anyone?

I appreciate all of your well wishes and prayers. I hope and pray that we can all take a look at the log in our own eyes. I certainly have them, and I'm guessing you all do too since none of us are good. Jesus is calling us to come back together as a body. While the world is failing, and churches are falling away, we MUST grow together as ONE body. We are THE bride, not brides. The world does well enough in trying to divide us on the issues, we don't need to divide within the body. It's time we all put down our rocks and walk with Jesus. The storm is on the horizon and approaching quickly. We cannot afford to let our flesh get in the way of our work while we are here. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and we must act accordingly. We must live in Christ if we are to minister to the needs of the unsaved. How can we see the lost if our eyes are full of logs? When someone looks at you, do they see Jesus? We must let the love of Jesus ooze out of our earthly bodies and infect the world. We don't have much time left. I feel a strong urgency, do you? If Jesus dwells in you, then you will probably say yes. So let each one of us do our own work, AS WE ARE CALLED TO DO, as we continue to become more like Christ.

May the love of Jesus fall upon each and every one of us.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple of things:

1.) Eric, you know we love you and need you! I too am a prophecy/end times watcher and I love hearing news that makes me look up with a pitter pattering heart, anxious to see my King. PLease continue the excellent contributions.

2.) I think we can and should always be able to have discussions on any and all posts, and I think we generally have done so, no matter the forum. Every once in a while someone will make the suggestion that a new thread be started if a topic has been derailed, but rarely from my observations.

3.) Linda, our sweet sister and beloved moderator, you are susceptible to anger as we all are, especially if we feel something we read is in error or a brother or sister is being wrongfully attacked. You are sweet to publicly confess and ask forgiveness and that is what Christ would have us do, so Amen, sister [Smile]

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

My question to all is this

A]Is The Christian News forum just for posting of news stories?

Or

B]Is it also for our reaction and response to the news?

If it's A,
I apoligize for injecting where I shouldn't be.

If it's B
Let's drop the hurt feelings and focus on showing Jesus to a dark, hurting, lost world.

(James 4:1) WHAT LEADS to strife (discord and feuds) and how do conflicts (quarrels and fightings) originate among you? Do they not arise from your sensual desires that are ever warring in your bodily members?

Brothers and sisters, let's not let our flesh get in the way of spreading The Good news of our Risen Savior.

As one of my Pastors used to say
quote:
It's ALL about Jesus stupid

--------------------
That's what matters

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, I have been trying to explain myself and apologize in this thread, and I just should never ever post without prayer.

I do not often do that and when I do fail to do that, it really shows.

I have just read your post Eric to me personally again. I just skimmed that you were leaving and rushed to say dont go, without even reading your whole post.

First let me say that I have re-read my post and I see how you were offended, I think anyone might have been. It was wrong of me to make that analogy and it was flesh and it was hurtful and I was a jerk to say it and I am sorry.

I do not want to make excuses, because there is no rightful excuse for it, but I would like to be honest about the post.

I had read the news days ago; the news was fine. Last night or rather in the wee hours this morning, I came here to read and I saw the message of our new member and I thought it was good.

Then I read My sister Betty's message to him and I got mad. I thought why is it mean to say trust in the Lord what ever comes.

Then I read on and here comes others to agree and then I read you post Ripp that if you had wanted to talk about that scripture you would have posted on that scripture...this was the news channel here so to speak.

And my flesh went into overdrive. I was really mad now, and I posted first to the new member to say do not be discouraged, and then here to all of you.

In all honesty the comparision to selling the gospel hour on CNN prime time was not to you at all Eric, it was in response to those who would berate someone for saying don't worry look at Christ and see that is uncaring and desiring evil to come.

What ever my reason, the comment was out of my flesh... perhaps a right message delivered absoutely wrongly not only in wrong place and time but with wrong heart...a heart of frustrations and even anger or mad feelings.

So to you Betty and to grandmajo who I felt angry with I am sorry; you both deserved better from me and I am ashamed and sorry for being angry with you.

Eric: I was also angry with you for saying this was not the place to discuss scripture, but my attack was not at you.

I do not understand your passion for this stuff, but I do not deny its value or importance to the body or your calling to do this that you do by God himself.

In fact, I rewrote my PM 3 times to our new member for fear that I might misconvey to him that this is a minsitry. And I still felt I failed after I had sent it; so I came here to post that post...not directed at you, but at those who would call the message of Trust and Hope and focus on Christ mean and evil. But still I was acting in flesh and it sure shows in this mess I made here.

And my little wavy hand and comment about "back to the news" was not sufficient to make up for my wrong heart toward GrandmaJo and Texas Grandma for their saying what they said or for my wrong heart to you for saying this was not the thread to discuss scripture, or my own ugly pride of thinking that I in my anger had something of God's to deliver.

It takes many parts to make this body. All different, with different callings and different ministries and not one is more or less important to the body than another.

I feel honestly, that I have failed you all in my post in this thread and most of all I have failed HIM.

Some moderating I did. I hurt people I loved; our new poster didn't need my encouragement and he expressed to me that he would never be discouraged from posting the truth. This is good at least.

I pray that you will come back Eric and continue to post the news; I pray also that we would none of us ever feel that there is a thread here that God's message can't be spoken and I do believe that this new poster posted God's message. I pray that we all value each other's diverse gifts and ministries to this body; and I pray that we also none of us fear what ever may come in this life be it desolations or persecutions or what ever the devil may bring because HE has not given us a spirit of fear, but of sound mind.

I ask that you all pray for me, because I too have flesh and it is ugly and mean and I do not desire to walk in it, because this is what things look like when I do.

I pray that you forgive me, each of you because I have sinned against all of you in this display of poor judgement and angry flesh. I am sorry.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

ERIC!!! If you recall, I encourged you to come back and post news; I believe that news is important. That does not negate the message our new brother posted in this thread. News is important and also Christ should be our focus!

The news should not cause us to fear what will come, but it should cause us to look up, to pray, to seek to bring comfort to those who do fear; it should fill us with an urgency to spread the Gospel.

I probably should not post in the wee hours. I worried about our new poster being discouraged and I did not want that because his points were valid and of God.

I also do absolutely believe that we should not be in fear of the things that are coming and I wanted to say that to all who fear. Trust GOD!

Neither of these things meant I felt you were doing anything wrong by posting the news. I understand that you see your calling is to be on top of the news and to bring it to the body and when you were not hear news was indeed lacking here.

We used to have a sister here, I told you about her: Kindgo...she was the resident Christian News Network anchor woman and you have filled the very empty spot that she held here.

I personally, do not understand the quest that you or she had for the news, I often look at the news and say...ughhh isn't there something good to think on. Think of Philippians 4:8.

But you know what God said to me in that regard? And long before you came brother... God said: My body is made of many different parts! And He is right and all parts are needed and that includes your part.

I would have that you had responded differently to the new poster than to say... this is not a Bible Study forum...

He is new and does not know you or your purpose here and did not even realize he was posting in a news forum I suspect. Still there had better be room in every forum for Bible Study and Spiritual lessons. Our life is a forum. We can't put God or the scripture or his spiriutal lessons in compartments and say stay out of here and don't go there!

Still, I am very sorry that I posted when I did or I might have said something to you personally that you not misunderstand me and that no one else misunderstand what I was saying to you or about you or your work.

We should never be looking for the antichrist and the one world government and the tribulation and all of that end time prophesy more than we are looking for Christ... but still Christ said watch and I respect that there are watchers. Someone has to sit at the gate and blow the shofar. And some of us have to sit inside the gate and say repent or trim your lamps and don't forget your oil; and others have to sit inside the gate with open arms and hugs and warm words for the days that the wait seems so long.

One body many parts.

So, please Eric, I pray that you read this and know that I do not desire you to go and I am sorry that I offended you. It was not my intention, but it was none the less wrong. I am sorry. Please come back. I cant email you cause your site has no email contact, but I am sorry! And I obviously handled things wrongly or my point would not have been misunderstood. I hope you will forgive me.

In Christ,
Linda

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Brother Ripp your postings are deeply appreciated and it is critical for the Body to have watchmen on the wall, that world events should be watched and REPORTED by someone with a true heart for Christ, and posted from a Believer's perspective. You are deeply appreciated my Brother and I apologise for not telling you sooner, and honoring your faithfulness and dedication. You are truly appreciated and I do hope that you reconsider.

2) Sister Linda was using a bit of exaggeration and wry humor to try to steer the topic back to the news rather than have it further sidelined. She and each of us know your heart for Christ Brother Ripp, and she was not comparing your faith to a secular, but rather referencing the topic of news as news category. Our Sister in Christ was supporting those of us who are faithful in Christ and are looking-up regardless of the circumstance.

The thread had wavered and sidetracked, and again I apologise for this.

Brother Ripp your gift of watchfulness, and your willingness to be led by Him in your warnings is truly appreciated, and there are so many who are not aware of the movement of world events, and the true powers and principalities behind the scenes manipulating the events.

Please reconsider your decision Brother Ripp for you have a very special and sorely needed gift in the area of watchman.

May God so bless you my precious Brother in Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Dear Brother Eric -

I do not read in Linda's post anything that was meant as a dig or as an "underlying attack" at all.

I think you may be a little sensitive but I think what she was saying was simply this -

It was directed at someone else who had tried to steer off topic.

It was directed at them so they would understand that this thread is not for "The Gospel Hour" on CNN -

It is for the news for Christians - She was not in any way trying to offend you nor was she intending to demean your posts by the comparison.

The comparison was not comparing you, it was comparing and creating the contrast between the news and this thread, with the post of the person she was referring to.

Otherwise, would she have closed the post with "Back to the News" ??

Anyway - Don't be offended brother, there was nothing directed at you that you should be offend at - At least not from what I read....

Besides - YOU have something to share, SHARE it!

Your Brother Jim

Gramajo320
unregistered

Ripp,

You are definitely doing the Lord's work and you most assuredly are lead by the Holy Spirit! Your postings of the news are very important for everyone to see and read because it's really important for all to know what's going on around the world! I have read each of your news postings and I'm certain that many many other have and they includes non-believers as well as believers. I shall miss your postings very much. There have been so many people leave this board never to return due to hurtful words and attacks which is very sad. God bless you very much and perhaps sometime you'll come back to post which would be a blessing for all of us who looked forward to each of your postings! God bless!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp,
I've been very thankful for your posts here.
I didn't read in Linda's post what you saw, but I don't think she meant it the way you took it.
However, i hope that you will come back and post more end-time news. It's very important for us to know what's happening in the world. It's also very important for non-christians to see the fulfillment of scripture.
Blessings Ripp. I'm glad I have a link to your site on my church web. I go there almost everyday. I'm VERY thankful that you are following your call.
Shalom.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

This will be my final post on this board.

I understand what the Bible says about end times and that Jesus is our Savior. I understand that we are not to fear the coming storm for He will watch over us. I understand that these things will come to pass.

I don't understand your underlying attack on me Linda. To relate me to a secular news source with no Christian foundation is very hurtful. Especially for doing something that I have been called to do. You may not realize what you said in your post, but I do. I see the negative connotations. And then relating how my post serves as an example of what to look for in the end times...

I don't post these posts for my amusement Linda. I actually feel Spirit led to inform the world of the upcoming storm. Just because you might have Jesus Christ as your Savior, doesn't mean that everyone that visits this board does. There are some out there that are lost and need to be saved. And I can testify that when you are lost, you can't see the truth no matter how hard you wag that finger. Quite possibly, some might begin to see the relevance of the happenings of today and realize the need for a Savior. My point to my reply was that he was telling me what my post should be about, what I should include in my post. That is why I posted in the 'Christian News' section. I don't mind the references to the Bible, I mean come on. But, to be told of what I need to post, well that's offensive. I'm sorry you don't understand.

Whatever your reason is for posting such a reply, I don't know. I won't hold any animosity towards you, I have already forgiven you. But, I can't continue to stay around here with those kinds of feelings towards me. I have felt them for some time from you but have ignored them. I am hurt by what you said and feel it's just better to move on.

I will pray for all of you and wish you all the best. There are truly some great people in Christ on this board and you will be in my prayers.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil. 3:
7: But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8: Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

If the US economy shatters, then it could open the door for a strong world leader to arise in the European Union, and usher in a world economic system based out of Europe. Easier for the rise of the anti-Christ, and the mark of the beast, to buy, sell, trade.

Whatever happens, Praise the Lord, for it is getting near to the time of His return.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

A real BIG
AMEN [clap2]
HALLELUJAH

to you LaurieFL

You've experienced and testify of this verse

(Romans 8:28) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Keep up your testimony and witness sister

So many people are drowning in their wealth and earthly properity. [crying]

Take it all away and they will see their need [1zhelp] for a life line, a Savior: Jesus

People, there is nothing wrong with keeping your eye on the economic storm brewing on the horizon, but don't be so focused on it that you don't see the people in the water with no life boat.

We need to get them out of the water (the world) and into the boat (Christ) before the storms.

Many will not listen because they like being in the water, if fact they will even say "come on in the water's fine"
In fact many of the elect of Christ will get in the water with them.
But when the winds start howling, and the waves come crashing over their head, we need to be there with Christ to save them

--------------------
That's what matters

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

I have been destroyed economically and all I can say is AMEN AMEN AMEN HALLELUJAH PRAISE YOU MY FATHER.

I am so happy now that I see things differently and my focus now is on that eternal kingdom that I long for and if I could I would pick up and go live in a shack in Russia to bring the gospel to a people for whom I have a large burden on my soul. America is a big fat bloated calf and whenever I hear dire predictions of her destruction, it makes my soul sing with joy at what God might be able to accomplish through such a thing. I believe this nation needs to be brought to her knees and it will take a disaster to accomplish it. Christians will NEVER be destroyed if they are TRUE Christians, because through Christ we have everything we need and all else does not matter.

I too feel much compassion for those who suffer in poverty in this or any other nation. I know sufering myself. But I know that my Redeemer lives and He is my shelter against any storm and that what I lack physically now will be more than made up for in heaven, where my true treasures lie.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I don't think you broke any rules volodymyrdolgoruki, I just think that you tried to sell "the Gospel Hour" on CNN at Prime time and no one was buying.

Kind of like trying to get the Wall Street Journal to publish an excerpt from "More Than a Carpenter".

I too have been called mean because I think what ever comes God is in control and HIS grace sufficient to get us through it.

All of this is just part of the world moving closer and closer to the day of HIS return and that is HIS will and it is why we watch.

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

My mom used to have this old saying..."They may chew me up, but they can't eat me!"

I think this was good. If the market is gonna fall let it fall; if I have nothing to eat but beans I will eat beans. If I can't afford gas, I will walk and if I can't walk, I will crawl. Every day people around this world endure much worse than any of us have ever known or likely ever will know and they still risk their lives for Christ and count it JOY.

Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

What ever it takes!

AND NOW.........................

BACK TO THE NEWS! [wave3]

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Sorry

Didn't mean to break the rules.

--------------------
That's what matters

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Ripp,
sorry, hon. We do need to pay attention to the news so we will not be taken unaware.
betty

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

If you read the topic of my first post, you will see the that it is about upcoming economic troubles. If I wanted to talk about that passage, I would have posted under a different name. If you feel the need to discuss that passage, please feel free to make an alternate post. If you notice the category that I posted this under, you will notice that it says, "Christian News", not "Biblestudy". I appreciate your input on this topic but not to be told of what I should post.

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Overall the topic needs to be Christ.

What we have in Him

Our eyes needs to be focused on Him and not the storms.

If you focus on the storm, rather than Christ be warned...

Matthew 14:27-31
(27) But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid."
(28) Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water."
(29) And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
(30) But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!"
(31) Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and *said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

--------------------
That's what matters

Ripp
unregistered

I hope we can keep the focus on these news events because I believe this is of extreme importance. I feel that this could happen sooner than we think and we must pay attention to what is going on. I don't know how you guys see the future unfolding but my Spirit tells me that a storm is brewing on the horizon and we must prepare for it. We are running out of time here...

Oil Futures Surge Above $51; Gold Hits 2-Month High
NEW YORK (Dow Jones/AP) - Crude-oil futures for March finished their final day of trading up $2.80 a barrel, the highest in more than three months, amid cold weather and growing supply concerns.

Dow Plunges 174 Points, Biggest Drop Since 2003
NEW YORK (AP) - The Dow Jones industrial average suffered its biggest one-day point drop in nearly two years Tuesday, a selloff fueled by a spike in oil prices and fears about inflation.

Stocks Drop as Oil Surges, Dollar Slides
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks sank on Tuesday as oil prices jumped above $51 a barrel and the dollar slid on concerns that other central banks would follow South Korea's lead in diversifying reserves out of U.S. assets.

In my origional post I warned about more countries divesting in our economy, well now South Korea is joining the fray. Listen, I truly believe that this is a snowball rolling downhill and something we need to be concerned about. The world has a lot of money invested in this country and when they all begin to pull out, it will be like a rug being pulled from underneath us. We are in for a storm. The clouds are getting ominous and it's only a matter of time before lightning strikes.

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

I'm not judging you, I don't know you.

My implications are to Americans as a whole, includung myself.

We here in Amereica put more faith in money than in God.

When things go wrong we look to the government for the solution rather than God.

But also don't be so quick to judge me, I'm not a mean heartless person.

God is building alot of compassion in my heart.

I feel compassion for people who put there trust in money and stuff, and end up in hell

I feel pain for the ones who save their whole life for a comfortable retirement, then get cancer, their money not being able to buy a cure. Never trusting God, ending up in hell.

I feel convicted when I see poor people in 3rd world nations who have nothing Preaising God with such strong Faith.

I weep and cry for the people sitting in pews across this country who are comfortable in their religion, but don't have the faith to be saved.

I feel compassion for the homeless on street corners, the drug addicts, the prostitutes, who are passed by, by those sitting comfortably in pews with their noses in the air looking down at them.

I feel so much for those who go home from dead churches crying lonely and hopelessly.

I feel for the jws, mormons, muslums, buddists, newagers and such that are following false gods right into hell.

I feel for Jesus, who endured the cross, paying the price for mine and everyone elses sins, looking on the multitudes who would reject Him.

I do feel, God is changing my heart daily.

I try to view things from an eternal Kingdom perspective rather than a tempral earthly view.

quote:
That's What Matters
By Rebecca St. James & Tedd T.

I read about this guy once
He seemed to own the earth
As far as big shots go and people in the know… well
He was definitely top of the list
Anything he wanted - he'd get it
Society's dream
Had lots of stuff - had lots of money
But you know what's funny?
He said it was all useless

Meaningless - Meaningless
He said "Everything is meaningless
A chase after the wind"

Chorus:

That's what matters

Well, he'd tried pleasure
There was nothing in that
He built houses & gardens & parks
What good did it do?
Just got him more depressed
He said "Everything's meaningless…
But this is what I learned in all my years"

Chorus

He said "Everything is meaningless
A chase after the wind"

That's what matters
All else fades away

Meaningful - meaningful
Life holds new meaning
When God becomes the center of it all

I read about another man once
He came to save the earth
You know I got to meet Him, Jesus
He revolutionized my whole entire life

Chorus
Repeat

--------------------
That's what matters

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Gramajo320

God bless you, honey for your encouragment.
betty [Kiss]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Don't be so quick to judge me. I told you we could not afford a house, so NO we do not have a house.
We are on a fixed income and live in very small apartment.
Do I feel that people should feel sorry for me? I don't even feel sorry for me.
But on the other hand I do feel sorry for those people who worked very hard at Enron and lost their homes and their retirement.
Yes, we in our Country have it better than others. But there are still people like me who have no health insurance and no dental insurance.
My husband had to cut his pills in half at one time in order to afford them. God has blessed us by getting him in a program to get the most expensive pill for free. But don't try to make it sound like that no one in our Country knows what it is like to do with out.
We pay our tithes and we serve the Lord. We both have bad health and both suffer pain every day. That does not stop us from Praising God and serving Him to the best of our ability.
I pray for God to provide for my family. SO, yes maybe I do pray selfishly. But, don't judge people you do not know.

I look beyond my self and I pray that God will protect others from being destroyed financially.

--------------------

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

You miss my point

I'm not wishing this to happen.

But when it does, I'm not going to sit back and say "woe is me"

I'm going to be on my feet looking to see where God is at work.

We in America have come to trust way to much in things of man.
We seek gain thru mans ways, such as Enron, which profit NOTHING

Matthew 6:19-21
(19) "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
(20) "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;
(21) for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Do you realize supposed churches and minitries are buying stocks and bonds as ivestments [Eek!] [crying]

THIS IS WRONG WRONG WRONG

They should be investing in SOULS not MONEY

You think you have it rough

Go to Haiti, go to Africa
see what true poverty really is.

We here in America are oh so spoiled by pleasures.

When they, man's wealth and treasures and pleasures, fail. Then the need for God will become visible.

Philippians 4:11-12
(11) Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
(12) I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

Where is the being content in WHATEVER

Do you have to have money to Praise God?

Do you have to have a nice house to Praise God?

Do you have to have a good job to Praise God?

Do you have to have a car to Praise God?

Do you have to have to be healthy to Praise God?

If so, your Praise is a bitter sound to God

We need to take our eyes off the things of man (worldly perspective)
and
FOCUS FULLY on Jesus (Kingdom perspective)

1 1 Timothy 6:8-21 NASB
(8) If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
(9) But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.
(10) For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
(11) But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness.
(12) Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
(13) I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
(14) that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(15) which He will bring about at the proper time--He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
(16) who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
(17) Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
(18) Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,
(19) storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.
(20) O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge"--
(21) which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith. Grace be with you.

Mark 8:34-38
(34) And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
(35) "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
(36) "For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?
(37) "For what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
(38) "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

Abba Father, open our eyes to see the world from your perspective.
Give the Grace to trust in you rather than in wealth and things.
Convict us as to seeking and trusting "stuff" rather than you.
Those who trust in money, bring them to their knees, in poverty if neccessary, so they will see you and Your true wealth and gain eternal like.
Better is poverty with Christ, than wealth without.
Better is sickness with Christ, then good health without.
Convict us so that we will deny ourselves, pick up our cross and follow Christ without reservation.

--------------------
That's what matters

Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

Amen! I'm in agreement with your posting!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

volodymyrdolgoruki

I am sorry that is just plain mean. My family has seen already what bad things can do to an ecnomy. My son worked at EnRon. He bought some land and we bought the land next to it. Our dream was to live next door to each other. He bought a nice trailer and put on his part. He lost his job at Enron. He asked the person holding his mortgage to give him two months to get a new job. They said no, they took his property and ours is for sale because we could not live there. It would be too hard for our son to visit us and be reminded of his dream that died.
We moved to Washignton. We found out that houses are three times as high here. Husband put some of the money in stock market hoping to make enough to buy a house. It turns out the company that he bought it to lied and soon it's stock fell.
When the ecnomy falls many Christians will be destroyed. It took many months for my husband to trust in God again (he is a new Christian)
Yes, there will be some saved but thing of those who lose faith.
No please do not wish bad things to happen.
betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement