Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Rick Warren's P.E.A.C.E. Plan for the World... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Rick Warren's P.E.A.C.E. Plan for the World...
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is an interesting thought Cricket. Maslow taught that didn't he? He taught that a person's needs for spiritual things esoteric things like Self actualization could not be met until the basic needs of life like food shelter and clothing were met.

This is very timely for something I am studying right now. Tell me what do you think: Does the scripture agree with the view of Maslow which you sumarized very well:

quote:
If they are starving their first thought is physical not spiritual.

Did Jesus preach before he fed the multitude or did he feed them and then preach?

Did Jesus say take food to the poor heathen or the Gospel?

How do you think that this verse finds harmony with this view?

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cricket
Advanced Member
Member # 2960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cricket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danny

I commend you for what you are doing. God Bless You! I think what people are missing here is - like I have said before - you sometimes have to meet people where they are at before you start preaching. You have to have patience. Get a relationship going and then share the word. If they are starving their first thought is physical not spiritual.

It seems that everyone is being lead by the spirit but all I see is disagreement and arguing. I don't think the Holy Spirit has that in mind, do you?

--------------------
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
---Vincent Van Gogh

Posts: 56 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 15 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless you Brother Drew! The Lord gave me Peace last night after I read your prayer and the Scripture you gave me. I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep before that. God is SO Good! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. ~Nahum 1:7

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; ~II Corinthians 4:8-9

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. ~Psalm 138:7

I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou has known my soul in adversities; ~Psalm 31:7

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. ~Romans 8:28

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all Comfort;
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. ~II Corinthians 1:3-4

(I had to fix a couple of typos, sorry! This is what happens when I Type instead of cut and paste [Frown] )

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you hold the sacred TRUTH in your heart, and in your hands, stand fast my dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord, stand fast.

Whatever the contrary views to His truth, they are irrelevant to our steadfast faith and conviction. Stand fast!

The world is blind, and those who reject His truth are blinded by the world's god, standfast!

The worldly throw stones from hearts astray, in those who deny His truth this day, standfast!

It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishment the scroll, for Christ is the Master of my fate, Christ is the Captain of my soul, standfast!

We sojourn in an alien land, rejected by worldly "truths", the wounds in flesh affect not our soul, so stay the course, standfast!

For the trump will sound, the dead arise, we'll meet our Bridegroom in the skies, standfast!

The table is laden, He cometh one day, and lifeth us upward, we shall not stay, standfast!

To my precious Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord, standfast!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Rip, you know your are on Yahweh's side when your message proclaims few will be saved, that the gate is straight and the path is narrow. [Bible] [Prayer] [Cross] [type]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Sister Betty!

Be of Good Cheer Brother. Those whom God has determined will have ears to hear will hear. We've seen evidence of this. I'm encouraged when I see new names pop into the various threads to say they didn't know, but now they see.

Today starts the Passover. As Born Again Believers, let us remember the significance of this day in our lives. As we have the Blood of the Perfect Lamb (Jesus) as our covering causing death to Passover us!

PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GRACE AND MERCY! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang In the Bro. Ripp,

You are doing God's work. I know it is a daily struggle and we all feel like we have been ripped apart over this, but God will bless you for your work. Many of us love and appreciate your courage for standing for the right and for speaking the truth.
Love and Prayers,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so upset right now I am almost in tears. People have got to wake up to the apostasy. Too many souls are at stake. If people can't see what is going on from testimonies like Tom's then we might as well pack it all in now. If people are so blind that they can't see the destructive nature of what's going on in todays churches, you need to do a Spirit check. I am so sad and angry and sick to my stomach right now I can't stand it. Wake up people, please, for the love of God, wake up! The apostasy is HERE, it is NOW! I love all of you Brothers and Sisters and don't want to see ANY of you fall away. Please! Stay with God! Stand with Jesus and the Word of God! Please, wake up and stand firm! We are running out of time. I don't want to read any more of these testimonies!

Am I intollerant? Too conservative?

Please Lord, come quickly! I can't stand this! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 12 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All these posts are definitely something to think about.

Our church did the PDL thing last year for 40 days. We were still encouraged to read our bibles. I found the book ok...rather, another book among the many that were out there. Actually I had bought that book a year of so prior but just never read it until our church decided to do the 40 days things. Once it was done, nothing more was done with it. Like I said...it was ok reading, but I don't think my family got the big "change" or "special feeling" it was deemed to give. No one from my church really talks about it much either. I'm wondering if it didn't do too much for them either. Could this mean something? If I remember correctly, (too lazy to go get the book) I thought it odd that when he sometimes quoted something from the bible, he didn't quote it word for word and there wasn't a reference to the bible after it (like John or Romans). It was in certain spots I found this.

What I do like about my church is that they not only encourage you to read the bible, but to have it in church and open it up. Also they do altar calls and if we see the candle lit, that means another person(s)became saved and they announce it. I've never seen this before (coming from the catholic church) but my husband has and feels strongly about it (meaning he is for it). I like the idea of it.

I guess what it comes down to is that even though I like to read "spiritual books" among others, I never get a truly great feeling unless I read the bible because it is God's word. Man's word can tend to confuse people as they claim they are telling the truth and insinuate you should believe whatever they are telling you, but God's word is the truth and I know I can never go wrong with it. My family and I have our most deepest discussions after one of us has read the bible [Smile]

In conclusion [Wink] even though there's alot of (good?) reading out there when it comes to spirituality, the ONLY good info concerning it will come from the bible.

cheech

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorminded,

There are those of us who truly appreciate your postings and we've learned so much from them. You truly are led by the Holy Spirit and we really appreciate your sharing with us your knowledge and wisdom! You truly are doing the Lord's work and we certainly look forward to more of your postings! God bless you very much in all the work you are doing for the Lord!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
quote:
Assuming this is true and verifiable (I'm certainly guessing it is), I wonder if bible believers will continue to defend him.

No Bible believer will defend Rick Warren, or any of the other false prophets of our day.

Anyone not preaching a straight gate and a narrow way is a deceiver.

And those that love the Truth, the Truth being Yeshua will not be deceived by the false doctrines of men/devils.

But the tares, they heap to themselves teacher because the have itching ears, want an easy message.

Only tares that can not hear and understand the Spirit defend such trash. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

I am not here to win friends; I am hear to preach the Gospel.

Yeshua said, hear HIS words "few will enter into eternal life."

Yeshua said you will be hated or loved when you preach the true message of the Gospel.

Everywhere the Apostle Paul went preaching they loved him, some even wanted to worship him or they wanted to kill him, there is no between ground for the child of Yahweh.

There is a message being preached in our day that says with "Favor Minded" and others, what ever it takes, do it, bring them in, Christian rock concerts, swim parties, beach parties, church lock ins to give away a car or some other prize. But that is not what Yeshua taught. (How sad, how deceptive)The Blood Of Yeshua is no longer enough, we have to have the gimics of this world. The Trogan Horse is inside the walls of the Church just as Yeshua promised. Detroying from the inside.

I know who is going to win this fight, Satan was defeated at Calvary. But he wwill not give in till it is over.

You that can hear, keep up the good fight, victory is ours. IN YESHUA'S NAME.

The Scriptures say only by the foolishness of preaching Messiah's, death, burial, and resurrection will men be saved.

The multitudes followed Yeshua, but after it was all said and done only 120 were in that upper room.

Only eight souls got on that ark

And

Only four got out of Sodom, and one of them looked back and didn’t make it

Yeshua said once you put your hand to the plow, don’t look back

Once Saved Always Saved people better take note

Many will say in that day Lord, Lord

But what a horrible answer they will hear

Depart from me you Lawless ones, you worker of iniquity I never knew you

“As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the return of the Son of man”

And

“As it was in the days of Lot, so shall it be in the days of the return of the Son of man”

Only a few escaped in Noah’s day and only a few escaped in Lot’s day, and only few will escapes in the Day of the Lord, the day of the return of the Son of man.

Even so, come quickly Yeshua, come quickly!

The Bride has made herself ready, the Bride has kept herself from the pollutions of this world, and the Bride has come out from among them

Or you part of the Bride of Christ or are you a part of the religious harlot in bed with this world

Only you can examine yourself and see if you are in the True Faith or are you part of the ecumenical harlot that excepts the broad path that leads to destruction ,

Good post. It's spot on.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Favorminded, please continue postings your messages because it truly is necessary for you to do so. You are most assuredly led by the Holy Spirit, you do have the discernment, you do have the wisdom and the knowledge, and you are most assuredly doing the Lord's work.

God bless you very much always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
quote:
Originally posted by Favor Minded:
quote:
Ripp Says
I have read parts of his book and it is new-age "seeker sensitive" junk. I've taken it to the Word and it has failed...

If this were true you could quote and prove it...
It is and I have. The posts are there Jim...

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

read what is in the Bible.
http://www.swrc.com/offers/internet_0205.htm

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Assuming this is true and verifiable (I'm certainly guessing it is), I wonder if bible believers will continue to defend him.

No Bible believer will defend Rick Warren, or any of the other false prophets of our day.

Anyone not preaching a straight gate and a narrow way is a deceiver.

And those that love the Truth, the Truth being Yeshua will not be deceived by the false doctrines of men/devils.

But the tares, they heap to themselves teacher because the have itching ears, want an easy message.

Only tares that can not hear and understand the Spirit defend such trash. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

I am not here to win friends; I am hear to preach the Gospel.

Yeshua said, hear HIS words "few will enter into eternal life."

Yeshua said you will be hated or loved when you preach the true message of the Gospel.

Everywhere the Apostle Paul went preaching they loved him, some even wanted to worship him or they wanted to kill him, there is no between ground for the child of Yahweh.

There is a message being preached in our day that says with "Favor Minded" and others, what ever it takes, do it, bring them in, Christian rock concerts, swim parties, beach parties, church lock ins to give away a car or some other prize. But that is not what Yeshua taught. (How sad, how deceptive)The Blood Of Yeshua is no longer enough, we have to have the gimics of this world. The Trogan Horse is inside the walls of the Church just as Yeshua promised. Detroying from the inside.

I know who is going to win this fight, Satan was defeated at Calvary. But he wwill not give in till it is over.

You that can hear, keep up the good fight, victory is ours. IN YESHUA'S NAME.

The Scriptures say only by the foolishness of preaching Messiah's, death, burial, and resurrection will men be saved.

The multitudes followed Yeshua, but after it was all said and done only 120 were in that upper room.

Only eight souls got on that ark

And

Only four got out of Sodom, and one of them looked back and didn’t make it

Yeshua said once you put your hand to the plow, don’t look back

Once Saved Always Saved people better take note

Many will say in that day Lord, Lord

But what a horrible answer they will hear

Depart from me you Lawless ones, you worker of iniquity I never knew you

“As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the return of the Son of man”

And

“As it was in the days of Lot, so shall it be in the days of the return of the Son of man”

Only a few escaped in Noah’s day and only a few escaped in Lot’s day, and only few will escapes in the Day of the Lord, the day of the return of the Son of man.

Even so, come quickly Yeshua, come quickly!

The Bride has made herself ready, the Bride has kept herself from the pollutions of this world, and the Bride has come out from among them

Or you part of the Bride of Christ or are you a part of the religious harlot in bed with this world

Only you can examine yourself and see if you are in the True Faith or are you part of the ecumenical harlot that excepts the broad path that leads to destruction ,

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Ripp Says
I have read parts of his book and it is new-age "seeker sensitive" junk. I've taken it to the Word and it has failed...

It is and I have. The posts are there Jim...

Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:
Ripp Says

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Blind accusing Blind, is that what you are condoning?

I see neither one as false - That is where we differ.

You cannot point out anything false other that what someone else has said -

A witness is a witness no matter if you like what they say or not. And in this case, there are many...

P.S. I have read parts of his book and it is new-age "seeker sensitive" junk. I've taken it to the Word and it has failed...

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."

Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep. [John 21:17]

Favor Minded
unregistered

Blind accusing Blind, is that what you are condoning?

I see neither one as false - That is where we differ.

You cannot point out anything false other that what someone else has said -

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Ripp Quotes...
I am a 21st century Berean.

You might wanna look into the Bereans before you go spoutin' off about what they think...

You will find that their views are skewed too...

But then that must be the "I agree" with some and not all thing - Ok for this guy, not ok for Copeland or Meyers, right?

Even HE can see false teachers! Get the point?
Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:
Ripp Quotes...
I am a 21st century Berean.

You might wanna look into the Bereans before you go spoutin' off about what they think...

You will find that their views are skewed too...

Of course - It makes sense you would align yourself with them because they claim to be the ultimate Heresy Hunters...

Ever been to a Berean Ecclesiastical Function?

But then that must be the "I agree" with some and not all thing - Ok for this guy, not ok for Copeland or Meyers, right?

Ripp
unregistered

Provocative Commentary
Which Church is Emerging?
Greg Lobdell

The word “revival” may be a bit too strong in describing the growing number of church-goers who now rely for inspirational guidance on Rick Warren’s The Purpose Driven Life and Dan Kimball’s The Emerging Church: Vintage Christianity for New Generations. The timing for change appears to be perfect depending upon whose church you are talking about. Roger Oakland’s commentary on this apparent inspiration, now a national church movement, raises the question of whether biblical fulfillment or warning is served. My sense is both. Roger’s article, posted by Koenig’s International News, entitled, THE EMERGING CHURCH commanded my attention.

My Bible tells me there are two churches and they are both emerging, each with very opposite destinies:

One, to glorify the returning Christ, or Machiach (Jewish Messiah), and the other to glorify the coming false Messiah, described in Revelation 13 and 17. Of course the faithful of both churches can be seen attending church, and followers engaged in earnest attempts to demonstrate their faith. Spiritual seduction and deception appear attractive. It will not be easy to distinguish between churches without resorting to the Bible’s Act 17:11, the famous test of the Bereans, who searched the Bible’s passages to see for themselves if Paul’s comments were true.

How can we tell which church we belong to? A clue arose for me on pages 285-6 of Rick Warren’s The Purpose Driven Life. Rick discourages everyone from inquiring or pursuing an understanding of the biblical End Times. His interpretation of four biblical passages (Acts 1:7-8; Matthew 24:14, 36; Luke 9:62) urges the reader to avoid any effort to seek greater awareness of G-d’s plan, or timetable for its completion. I am a 21st century Berean. What might I investigate to see if Rick Warren’s discouragement meets the biblical test? History books tell us that rejection of the Hebrew biblical covenant has defeated world empires for three millennia. Since Roman Emperor, Constantine’s Jewish cleansing of his newly adopted Christianity, at the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, discernment of G-d’s chosen events and timing for the wrap-up of history have been obscured.

The world continues to vent its ancient resentment of the Jews for their selection as G-d’s trustor of salvation. When I read my devotional there are two different spirits speaking: One is like a raging bull bent upon defeating Jewish life and existence. Israeli history speaks for the evidence. Revelation 12 summarizes the spiritual warfare. The other spirit places her at the head of the nations (Deuteronomy 26:19 and Isaiah 14), blesses her as the original branch of faith, through which the end times must pass (Romans 11), and for whom the Messiah promises to return (Zechariah 12 & 13). For those who have read the biblical conditions imposed on Israel for leadership in Deuteronomy 28, read Ezekiel, Hosea, Isaiah and Zechariah together before deciding if the “conditions” survive in the 21st century.

Rick makes no allowance for the uncertainty of the “day and the hour” as a Hebraic idiom of the first century. Matthew 24:36 encourages us to watch, just as the Jews did in the first century, to visually determine the exact day and hour of the new moon, or the first day of the month of Tishrei. This was the Jewish Sanhedrin’s way of declaring when to start the celebration of the Feast of Yom Teruah (Rosh HaShanah). Without this understanding, none of the dozen or so “watch” commandments of the New Testament carry any power. Especially Revelation 3:3…But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time (hour) I will come to you. If we accept Rick Warren’s displeasure at such “watching,” we have made a choice to stay in a church that is asleep.

Webster gives the definition of the apocalypse (future shape of end time events) as the revelation of future events by means of symbols, understandable to the faithful, but hidden from others.

There is more than one church emerging. Which one are you in?

GREG LOBDELL
WatchBeReady Publications
Watchbeready2004@yahoo.com

Which Church is Emerging?

What church do YOU fit in? Be careful! Your answer holds eternal consequences...

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
Wild B,

Favorminded most assuredly goes by the word of God and he most definitely does have discernment and he is led by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

As U say

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Wild B,

Favorminded most assuredly goes by the word of God and he most definitely does have discernment and he is led by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
Favorminded,

A huge amen to your postings and God bless you always! You definitely have discernment and you definitely are led by the Holy Spirit!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

as it matters to Ur spirit.....

I say "Lets go by the Word of God".......

--------------------
That is all.....

Gramajo320
unregistered

Favorminded,

A huge amen to your postings and God bless you always! You definitely have discernment and you definitely are led by the Holy Spirit!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about you, but if RW is not preaching the gospel with the missions, then it spells trouble...

Acts 2

38"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

Matthew 28

18"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Mark 16

15"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved ; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Luke 24

45"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. "

John 20

30"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ , the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

Jesus commanded them to preach the gospel throughout the world and to all those who believe to baptize them in His name.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Amen WildB.

Jim, If you want proof of unscriptural practices, all you have to do is follow the links. You have been given many opportunities to research this but you have chosen to ignore, so don't ask for proof if you aren't willing to look at the proof when it is presented.

Any church that takes a community poll to discover THEIR desires should already give you a red flag. Any church that is promoting new-age, psychological teachings instead of rebirth and repentance is not of God. People can still be saved from this nonsense, God can call anyone anywhere. I am proof of that. But that doesn't make his teachings correct and ones that we should promote.

When Jesus said, "Feed my sheep", what do you think He meant? Do you think He meant for us to teach about 100 fold prosperity or how to have a loving marriage? No, He meant FEED MY SHEEP! PERIOD. Preach the GOSPEL and teach REBIRTH AND REPENTANCE, that's what He meant Jim. We are to spread the good news of the Gospel, not the good news of prosperity or living a healthy life. We are to be seperate from the world, not dance around the golden calf with non-believers.

If you teach all the way up to rebirth and repentance and stop short, you are failing Jesus and the Word of God. And more, you are disobeying Him. Period. Preachers are to preach the message of Jesus Christ and the Gospel. PERIOD! I repeat, PERIOD! This new-age and psychological junk is to stay in the world. We are NOT to bring it into our teachings.

Learn it. Understand it. Set it in your heart.

Time is short, now stop with the earthly madness. Get away from these false teachers before it's too late.

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by danny458:
This is all so interesting. When I was in college, one of my professors (Greg Boyd) was on the hot seat for some of his theological beliefs. The heresy hunters were out in force. (Led by John Piper) One weekend the heresy hunters had a meeting... they called themselves the 'concerned pastors' of the BGC. (Baptist General Conference) This meeting was well publicized at my college... there were dozens of pastors who spent the better part of 2 days condemning theology.

I'll never forget the Monday morning afterwards... Greg Boyd came in to class with his head down and looked sad. He said "this past weekend dozens of my colleges conspired against me..." Then he looked up with a silly grin and said "while they were to tar and feathering me.... I was a part of a conference that saw over 1000 people led to the lord! Let's pray for these new believers..."

i am not from your silly gatherings of sillyness.

I am from the Word of our Lord.

--------------------
That is all.....

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all so interesting. When I was in college, one of my professors (Greg Boyd) was on the hot seat for some of his theological beliefs. The heresy hunters were out in force. (Led by John Piper) One weekend the heresy hunters had a meeting... they called themselves the 'concerned pastors' of the BGC. (Baptist General Conference) This meeting was well publicized at my college... there were dozens of pastors who spent the better part of 2 days condemning theology.

I'll never forget the Monday morning afterwards... Greg Boyd came in to class with his head down and looked sad. He said "this past weekend dozens of my colleges conspired against me..." Then he looked up with a silly grin and said "while they were to tar and feathering me.... I was a part of a conference that saw over 1000 people led to the lord! Let's pray for these new believers..."

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
I already have - for 3 years - That is why I am asking you.

Am I to assume you were simply following the words of others?

As I have said, and do hate to repeat, we walk by faith not "feelings".

From your statement "I HAVE 3 YEARS" is this from faith?

Again do your own resurch and stop trying to permote ERROR here.

I Follow my Christ and it is He that is in the volume of the Book, not tricky ricky.

Heb.10

1. [7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

You mess with the Bible you mess with his Watch Men called forth by the blood.

--------------------
That is all.....

Favor Minded
unregistered

I already have - for 3 years - That is why I am asking you.

Am I to assume you were simply following the words of others?

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Oh, and - since you think you;ve a right to state so boldly he IS NOT biblical, and his teachings ARE NOT biblical, and he is leading them all straight to hell (A VERY BOLD statement which I KNOW you should not make)

PROVE IT!

WHERE is the NON Biblical teaching? Show me...

YOU WILL answer for speaking against these people - All of you will.

You really need to get on with going after the REAL false teachings and doctrines if you honestly believe you are called to Heresy Hunting.

Teaching people to use their God given gifts to serve God is VERY BIBLICAL - But then not everyone WANTS to hear that.

Not everyone WANTS to dedicate their time and effort to ACTUALLY serving God - They are content to surf the Internet reading tabloids instead, thinking they got it goin on...

Stand down. I would not post sillyness. Do your own reserch sence the Holy Spirit has not made it clear to you.

--------------------
That is all.....

Favor Minded
unregistered

Oh, and - since you think you;ve a right to state so boldly he IS NOT biblical, and his teachings ARE NOT biblical, and he is leading them all straight to hell (A VERY BOLD statement which I KNOW you should not make)

PROVE IT!

WHERE is the NON Biblical teaching? Show me...

YOU WILL answer for speaking against these people - All of you will.

You really need to get on with going after the REAL false teachings and doctrines if you honestly believe you are called to Heresy Hunting.

Teaching people to use their God given gifts to serve God is VERY BIBLICAL - But then not everyone WANTS to hear that.

Not everyone WANTS to dedicate their time and effort to ACTUALLY serving God - They are content to surf the Internet reading tabloids instead, thinking they got it goin on...

Favor Minded
unregistered

Yeah - Ok - I am sure you are speaking with Holy Spirit inspired words...

Once again - God accomplishes HIS goals without the likes of ignorance such as this -

Enemy agents - Ok - If you say so...

Praise the Lord not everyone thinks this way - There would beno missions at all if people like you had your way....

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
There you go with your jealously over money thing again...

WHY do you PRESUME to know that HE LOVES MONEY?

Because GOD has chosen to entrust him with much? A VERY biblical principle -

Geesh - Praise God not everyone thinks this way or THERE WOULD BE NO $$$ to FUND THE MISSIONS...

How can you presume to know he loves money? HOW?

Do not be fooled. Sending 1000s of enemy agents out does not the Lord make.

Josh.23

1. [10] One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.

Now stop your sillyness.

The man is not Biblical, his training and doctrine is not Biblical. His people that he sends out will only dam the hearers to the eternity of hell.

--------------------
That is all.....

Favor Minded
unregistered

There you go with your jealously over money thing again...

quote:

You can't build God's Kingdom when you don't teach rebirth, repentance or the True Word of God.

WHERE DID YOU EVER Get the idea that they do not? Oh, that's right - its because you don't like the idea that they have money... You pick and choose what parts of the bible YOU like regarding the subject - While the bible teaches EVERY believer HOW to get money to use to build God's kingdom, SOME choose not to READ that part...

WHY do you PRESUME to know that HE LOVES MONEY?

They VERY MUCH teach salvation, Calvary Chapel Style even - SURPRISE!!! Have YOU been there for an altar call? I didn't think so...

NOR have YOU read either of the books - You are touting a book by someone you don't even know that claims to "know" about a comment someone said - ANd you are touting it as law -

THIS IS GOSSIP!!!!!!!!!

GOD has chosen to entrust him with much - $$$- A VERY biblical principle you HAVE NOT studied -

Geesh - Praise God not everyone thinks this way or THERE WOULD BE NO $$$ to FUND THE MISSIONS...

How can you presume to know he loves money? HOW?

Why don't you take a stand against the REAL false teachings of our time ?

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
I was looking for Buddha here here - Can't find him ANYWHERE -

Having been heavily involved and actually managed 100's of people for many years, leadership training / team building, etc can be critical.

Again - What somene may have said in their past has little to do with future.

Saddleback IS currently mobilizing 1000's upon 1000's to missions work.

Now, whether or not everything they have ever said lines up is not nearly as relevant as the fact that they ARE mobilizing MANY MANY MANY to do the missions field work.

While some are busy trying to dig up gossip and dirt on them (Which IS a sin you know)

they are busy building God's Kingdom - Go figure...

You can't build God's Kingdom when you don't teach rebirth, repentance or the True Word of God. What you see is a delusion. Sure, they may be good things to do for the world, but not for God's Kingdom. Unless of course you believe that Jesus isn't the only way to Heaven...

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! [2 Timothy:1-5]

For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ. [2 Corinthians 2:17]

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds. [2 John 1:9-10]

The apostic church is moving away from teaching Jesus Christ and salvation. Come out of her and get back to the True Word of God. Giving money to charities doesn't get you into His Kingdom, giving yourself to Jesus does... [Bible]

Favor Minded
unregistered

I was looking for Buddha here here - Can't find him ANYWHERE -

Having been heavily involved and actually managed 100's of people for many years, leadership training / team building, etc can be critical.

Again - What somene may have said in their past has little to do with future.

Saddleback IS currently mobilizing 1000's upon 1000's to missions work.

Now, whether or not everything they have ever said lines up is not nearly as relevant as the fact that they ARE mobilizing MANY MANY MANY to do the missions field work.

While some are busy trying to dig up gossip and dirt on them (Which IS a sin you know)

they are busy building God's Kingdom - Go figure...

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rick Warren Teams Up With New-Age Guru Ken Blanchard!"

Can't wait to see how this shakes out. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Hands Bro. Ripp a steel sheet to stand behind when rocks start flying. [Big Grin]

It scares me when Preachers try to bend the Word of God backwards so they can not offend other relegions. The Bible says that Jesus is the way to Heaven, period! If this is offensive to muslem, new agers, etc. I am sorry. But beter to offend them now then have them cying out from hell, that Bro. So and So said that all roads lead to heaven. God help Bro So &SO for leading people astray from the truth. And God help me, If I keep my mouth shut when I know that people are being led astray, because of a few harsh words that come my way.
betty

You are so right TG. We are "politically correcting" people straight to hell.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands Bro. Ripp a steel sheet to stand behind when rocks start flying. [Big Grin]

It scares me when Preachers try to bend the Word of God backwards so they can not offend other relegions. The Bible says that Jesus is the way to Heaven, period! If this is offensive to muslem, new agers, etc. I am sorry. But beter to offend them now then have them cying out from hell, that Bro. So and So said that all roads lead to heaven. God help Bro So &SO for leading people astray from the truth. And God help me, If I keep my mouth shut when I know that people are being led astray, because of a few harsh words that come my way.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]  - Nuff Said [Wink]

Thanks for posting that Brother Ripp!

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Rick Warren Teams Up With New-Age Guru Ken Blanchard!

This is a Special Report.

Apr 19, 2005 While Rick Warren is gearing up to train a billion people, unbeknownst to many he has also been teamed up with New Age and contemplative promoter, Ken Blanchard, for some time now. According to a new biography on Rick Warren, A Life With Purpose written by George Mair, Rick Warren has solicited the services of Ken Blanchard to aid him in training leaders: "Rick taps the best and most famous to help train church leaders to be like Jesus. He has hired Ken Blanchard .... to come to Saddleback to help train people how to be effective leaders." p. 193

In light of knowing who Ken Blanchard is, this is shocking and devastating news for the church!

There is countless evidence to show that Blanchard sits on the New Age/mystical/contemplative bandwagon. Blanchard believes in the benefits and use of mantra meditation, yoga and has no trouble borrowing from Buddhism.

Here are just a few examples:

Wrote the foreword to Jim Ballard's Mind Like Water
Wrote the foreword to Franz Metcalf's What Would Buddha Do At Work?
Is on the Front Cover of Corporate Mystic-(Listen)
Is on the Back Cover of Deepak Chopra's 7 Spiritual Laws of Success
Jim Ballard, a staunch New Ager, and a colleague of The Ken Blanchard Companies
Wrote the Foreword to Ellen Ladd's (clairvoyant) book, Death and Letting Go.

Blanchard makes no apology when he says much can be gained from Buddhism. He and his wife both encourage the practice of yoga (p.11) and mantra meditation.

For those who do not find the words of an unofficial biographer (Mair) linking Rick Warren with Blanchard convincing enough,Ken Blanchard, Rick Warren and Bill Hybels (Willow Creek) have become team players at the Lead Like Jesus conferences, which take place across North America. The three also have an audio set they co-authored together.

Did Rick Warren know of Blanchard's sympathies when he brought him in to help at Saddleback? Of course he did. And do you think that Rick Warren and Ken Blanchard are going to train their "billion" soldiers for Christ how to practice New Age mysticism and learn how to go into altered states of consciousness? You bet. And that is definitely something to be concerned about.

"...they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. And for this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false ..." II Thessalonians 2: 10-11

Lighthouse Trails Research Project
Deborah Dombrowski
editor@lighthousetrails.com

Rick Warren Teams Up With New-Age Guru Ken Blanchard!

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Remember; it is a spirit that has been let loose in the earth, Rick Warren is nothing to worry about, we must bind up the dark spirit.
Any person who speaks contrary to the Scripture and contrary to the Gospel of Christ is the spirit of antichrist.

The spririt of antichrist has been loose in the earth since the first century that we know of:

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I would like to see the scripture that says we are to bind the Spirit of AntiChrist. Satan himself is the power of the Spirit of antiChrist and it will be the Holy Angels of God that bind him and return him to the pit when God commands them to do so.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

I caution you that thinking this is the great tribulation leaves you rather ill prepared for the real one should you find yourself in it.

We are told that those with understanding should count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. I personally am not counting because I don't feel that I have understanding in this matter, but instead I choose to seek God and Christ..... To look for him and his return. The scripture says that HE is a rewarder of those who seek HIM.

The man of sin, the son of perdition, will be revealed to whom he will be revealed when God choses. If I am here for that and they want to put a mark on me, they will have to put it on my already dead body.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

we are not in the tribulation. The Bible says what will happen during the triublation and it has not started. I believe the rapture will take place first. The tribulation is when God pours out His wrath. The Church will be in Heaven for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
betty

I am looking forward when the rapture takes place and we are with Jesus

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

nope, hasn't been done. The Bible says that when it is signed, it will be done with the anit-christ. President Clinton was not the anit-christ, although my husband thinks President Bush is the ant-christ, also. He is wrong, and I tell him so. [Wink]
This peace agreement will last for 3 1/2 yrs and then the anti-christ will declare open war on Israel and that will begin the Great Tribulation.
betty

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. [Romans 1:18-25]
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The tribulation will start at the moment the anit-christ signs a peace agreement with Israel, a 7 yr peace aggrement.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Rick Warren teaches:
quote:
Accept Yourself

God accepts us unconditionally, and in his view we are all precious and priceless. So instead of chasing after other people’s approval, we need to accept who we are.

The Bible teaches:
quote:
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. [Matthew 16:24]
Rick Warren teaches:
quote:
Love Yourself

We are to love ourselves in the same way God loves us. In this section Warren quotes (or misquotes) Isaiah 54:10 which clearly has nothing to do with loving ourselves.

The Bible teaches:
quote:
Jesus said to him, "" You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' [Matthew 22:37]
Rick Warren teaches:
quote:
Be True To Yourself

Discover, accept and enjoy our unique "shape" (which refers to Warren’s S.H.A.P.E. assessment) and be content with our weaknesses.

The Bible teaches:
quote:
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. [1 John 5:20]
Rick Warren teaches:
quote:
Forgive Yourself

God doesn’t expect perfection but He does insist on honesty, so we need to admit our errors and ask forgiveness. We need to forgive others in the selfless way God forgives us.

The Bible teaches:
quote:
In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. [Ephesians 1:7-8]
Rick Warren teaches:
quote:
Believe in Yourself

Begin to affirm the truths about ourselves - that God has created us with talents, abilities, personality and background in a way that makes us each unique.

The Bible teaches:
quote:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. [John 3:16]
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. [Matthew 24:24]

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. [2 Thessalonians 2:1-4]

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. [2 Corinthians 11:13-15]

God bless and stay strong in the Word. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

The Blurring of Lines & Shame For The Gospel

March 11, 2005

As you may know, Rick Warren, pastor of Saddleback Community Church and author of The Purpose Driven Life has begun to write a monthly column for Ladies Home Journal. This ought to be an exciting opportunity for a professed Christian, for this space is generally reserved for articles dealing with "spirituality" which equates to New Age (or, as it is more commonly know, New Spirituality). In fact, this month the Ladies Home Journal has an article entitled "The New Spirituality" which traces the change in American attitudes towards religion in the post-9/11 era. The article speaks of interfaith services and features an interview with John Edward (the supposed psychic medium).

Alas, it seems that Warren is squandering this opportunity, writing a column more consistent with pop-psychology than with the Scriptures. March’s column is called "Learn to Love Yourself." He begins the column with the words, "Self-esteem still wobbly after all these years? These five simple truths will show you that you don’t need to be perfect to be priceless." Warren then writes briefly about five different points: Accept Yourself, Love Yourself, Be True To Yourself, Forgive Yourself, Believe in Yourself. Here is a brief summary of each point:

Accept Yourself

God accepts us unconditionally, and in his view we are all precious and priceless. So instead of chasing after other people’s approval, we need to accept who we are.

Love Yourself

We are to love ourselves in the same way God loves us. In this section Warren quotes (or misquotes) Isaiah 54:10 which clearly has nothing to do with loving ourselves.

Be True To Yourself

Discover, accept and enjoy our unique "shape" (which refers to Warren’s S.H.A.P.E. assessment) and be content with our weaknesses.

Forgive Yourself

God doesn’t expect perfection but He does insist on honesty, so we need to admit our errors and ask forgiveness. We need to forgive others in the selfless way God forgives us.

Believe in Yourself

Begin to affirm the truths about ourselves - that God has created us with talents, abilities, personality and background in a way that makes us each unique.

Warren closes with the words "You can believe what others say about you, or you can believe in yourself as God does, who says you are truly acceptable, lovable, valuable and capable.

Noticeably lacking in this column is any mention of sin, repentance, Jesus, the cross or anything else distinctly Christian. The God he writes about could be consistent with the theology of the New Spirituality (where God is actually us) or with Muslim or Mormon theology. What is even worse is that the article contains many statements that are blatantly anti-Christian. God does not accept us unconditionally. If He did, there would have been no need for Jesus to die. And God does expect perfection from us. Matthew 5:48 says, "You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." God expects and demands absolute perfection from us. While none of us deliver, thus requiring infinite amounts of grace and forgiveness, this in no way reduces the requirement. I guess there is little reason to wonder why there is not more Scriptural content in this article - after all, the majority of what Warren writes cannot be backed up by any reasonably accurate translation of the Bible. For more detailed analysis, you can turn to Paul Proctor’s article on this topic.

On February 1 I posted an article called Purpose, PEACE and New Spirituality (it is well worth your while reading it) where I showed that the lines between what is Christian and what is New Age are becoming increasingly blurry. After comparing the writing and language of several Christian and New Age leaders I concluded, "The point is clear. The New Age, which we so often regard as being entirely foreign to us, is making increasing inroads into Christianity. The thrust of this article is not to discern whether Christianity is moving into the New Age or whether the New Age is moving into Christianity (or both). Rather, it is show that these changes provide just one more reason to be on guard, to know the Scriptures, and to be able to defend our beliefs. As the lines become blurred, we need to be able to discern Christian from New Age, truth from error. We need to know not only the language of Christianity, but also the underlying concepts and definitions, that we will be able to distinguish between ever-small differentiations."

The Blurring of Lines & Shame For The Gospel

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. [2 Timothy 4:1-5]

Open your eyes to the Truth of the Gospel and shy away from these false teachers...there will be more to come, you can bet on that. Stay in God's Word, not man's.

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. [Proverbs 14:12]

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement