Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Of Seeds and other Myths (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Of Seeds and other Myths
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH: Your brilliance is too much for me; I have no idea what you have said.

I dont know about peculiar intellect, that is not in my Bible.

I dont know who has risen from an ashen heap. I dont believe that deception is a miracle but I do not either know what you are taking about.

I dont know who has added to the word. I dont know who it is that you think is the "pride" of this bbs.

I am not in a fight with anyone here and you have claimed me defeated.

If you are speaking here about the fight in the heavenlies... I have read the book and I know whose the battle is and who has already one and I am resting in HIM, so again I have no idea of what you speak.

I just am not brilliant enough myself to follow you. I sincerely hope that it is nothing earth shattering that you are trying to convey, because if it is then I am in trouble as I dont get it. IF you really want me to follow you then you are going to have to speak less intellectually to me. If you just want to rant at someone, rant on; enjoy yourself. I am pleased to have been of service.

[spiny]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers,

Take the Word as given.

There is a curse that says adding and/or subtracting is a no no.

Or does this curse only apply to those that disagree with the pride of the BBS?

It should be obvious to you that you are in a fight because you know so much about Eve. (She did not understand that the snake was trying to destroy her and the focus of her bow, thereby including us in the fight.)

The peculiar intellect has been defeated at the cross.

His, (the peculiar intellect’s) defeat was utter.

It took a miracle for him to rise up from the ashen heap.

But was it such a miracle? Only if you call deceit one.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes you should go back and read your Bible. You see, if God had intended for your interpretation to be taken by us as equal to the inspired Word then He would have had it written down and placed in the Record Book for all to examine, (instead of just a wee spirit like me).
This is not true of you of course!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing but obtuse invective from the Always Murky Hermeneutics. Not one iota of definition, substance, clarity, in order to facilitate a viable dialogue.

Like the blind man who rants and raves and curses the dark, and no one hears him, because they are walking in the light and he crouches all alone and does not fathom.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers,

Yes you should go back and read your Bible. You see, if God had intended for your interpretation to be taken by us as equal to the inspired Word then He would have had it written down and placed in the Record Book for all to examine, (instead of just a wee spirit like me).

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Well, I think that BA you've hit the nail on the head. AMH is far to brilliant a mind for my brain to follow. I need elementary organization of thought and while I love a mystery, as a mystery can be discoverd by plodding along step by step as HE lights the path; I have never liked riddles where you are just supposed to pull the solution out of thin air and I hate having to make assumptions or presumptions about what you think someone is saying. Nope, just not brilliant enough for that.

Thanks BA for helping me understand what my problem. I simply an unable to contribute anything intelligent here and am too dull of mind to follow the brilliance of the brilliant. I mean really, now I hear that we are defeated and I did not even know that there was an enemy in here. [updown]

I think I shall go back and read my Bible instead. God who is merciful meets me where I am there. [wave3]

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Tag Team,

Do you remember reading about Peter trying to defend Jesus by drawing his sword and wounding another?

Jesus rebuked Peter.

Do you know why Jesus would rebuke someone that was trying to be “helpful”?

Because the Truth does not need defending.

(If I came to you, butter dripping from my lips, then you would call me your friend and tell all what a nice little Christian boy AMH really is, [and it would not really matter what was behind those lips].)

Let me decipher another riddle-

Caretaker is not caring so much for other human beings, his main concern is with the care of a broken down decrepit bed ridden belief system. He defends this sorry belief system because it can no longer stand on its own two feet, (its knees have given out). And then Caretaker complains that AMH is not playing fair because he does not defend any system.

I do not have to defend. The Truth needs no such. The Truth requests no such. The Truth rejects all such. The Truth not only must stand on its own two feet-

It does stand on its own two feet.

(Of course we must be able to give a reason for our faith. But that is no defense.)

I did not address anyone at the beginning of this thread. You came here looking for a fight. My premise was a simple statement that mythology is a draw to men and women. It has been that way since the beginning and continues right up to the present.

I can accept that you do not like me. So take my humanity and consider me sort of like a mirror.

I leave this thread not in defeat for you are the ones defeated. (This is no gloat, I am crying.)

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

BORN AGAIN,

I am not arguing with you.

AMH

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear AMH, after posting the above post, I read a couple more posts, and I do think that "as a Christian" you have an obligation to be more "soft-hearted" in your approach to your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I don't doubt for a moment that you are a very bright Christian, the Holy Spirit is probably working on your natural brightness, to get it tempered "with mercy" and "with compassion" and "with lovingkindess".

Did not Paul say that if we have not "charity" we are still as "tinkling brass".

AMH, mix mercy and compassion and lovingkindness and thankfulness with your natural brilliance and you will be allright.

But if you insist on talking the way you "have" been talking, your posts will generate unnecessary resistance. Deny yourself your brilliance for the cause of Christ and speak kindly to your brothers and sisters in Christ.
[thumbsup2]

May the LORD God of Israel bless this CBBS and enlarge it, amen? I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Bethlehem-Judah, of the family of David, as Micah 5:2 said.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear AMH, too funny:
quote:
Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know), references the mythological god by invoking the word hermeneutics, (a very sophisticated word that actually means nothing because if you follow this swift moving “thought process” it leads absolutely no where), but he, Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know) needs desperately to be looked up to so he, Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know) pulls the sophistication card, (you know, those rumpled cards that were mentioned in the original post to this thread) to use on all of us.
Other than that, AMH, I am not quite into the human mind as you seem to be, although you may be quite brilliant and trying others to join in, but the Spirit of God is also easy and comforting so I don't spend as much time in the human mind's abilities as you seem to be.

In other words, though I may be humanly intelligent, AMH, I am willing to "deny myself" and use the Holy Spirit's easy and simple and comfortable expressions to get His point across.

I haven't participated much in this Topic, eventhough the Topic "has" gone on for a long time, and it's probably that, for the cause of Christ, I find your writing to be a bit unnecessarily esoteric--like you're fishing with Albacore Tuna instead of sardines.

I like Albacore Tuna, AMH, don't get me wrong, your quote above to Caretaker made me LOL, but mix it with the sauce of mercy and of compassion and of lovingkindness and justice, and it can be loved easier; because most of us are dwelling at the sardine + the Holy Spirit level.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
helpforhomeschoolers,

So you finally found the time to address your claim that Esther’s uncle compares favorably to Jesus our Messiah.

But before we go there, (for me, again- for you who knows how many times) let us look at your veiled, (not very well) insinuation that I am not a Christian because I do not give you and your tag team members the dignity that you seem to think that you command.

I have in no way insinuated that you are not a Christian. Veiled or otherwise. If I have insinuated anything it was a mistake, I desired to make it clear that I think you have been terribly rude and ugly to Hisgrace and to Caretaker and I really hoped that you would stop because the topic really is a good one and it is missed as the attention and the posts turn to your ugliness. I have been guilty of this myself and it is not a good thing. It does not edify and your point is missed. You not being a Christian never occured to me as you have said that you are.

quote:

First of all you take phony names in order to pretend to be something that you are not. Then you pretend to be highly educated, (but in fact the only gift that you have is the ability to cut and paste).

My screen name is not phony it is the name of a business and of my website. My personal name is not ever been hidden here. It is Linda Littlefild. I have never pretended to be highly educated. In over 3 thousand posts here you will never see any reference of a boastful nature to my level of education. That is because I dont value the degrees of men much including any that I may or may not possess and I dont value much those who do. When all is said and done, we are all naked under these clothes and we all put on our pants the same way, one leg at a time and we all came into this world and will all go out with the same things. Apart from what Christ is in any of us we are not worth a penny's worth of gold. And as to my cutting and pasting. I am not sure what you think that I have cut and pasted in this thread except scripture, but that is all that I have cut and pasted in this thread so better watch your witness against me.

PS. Caretaker's screen name is not phony either it is what he does for a living and most of us here know his given name and his surname as well.

quote:
Then after years of this type of behavior you suppose that you can belittle the Savior by comparing Christ to the morbid Mordecai.

Just tell me one thing if you can-

What gives you the right?

AMH

I see Christ Jesus in every book of the Bible. God placed him there and HIS HOLY Spirit reveals HIS presence to whom HE wills. This is not our right, it is HIS GRACE. If you dont see HIM in every book, or if you think it is belittling that I do that is between you and God. It is not belittling to me to see HIM in every book, it testifies to me the majesty of God almighty.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well AME(Always Murky Hermeneutics), Hermie you are right back at it again with the invective and irrelevant sarcasm, with neither substance nor merit.

Main Entry: her·me·neu·tics
Pronunciation: -tiks
Function: noun plural but singular or plural in construction
: the study of the methodological principles of interpretation (as of the Bible)

One can communicate clearly and effectively when one uses: Specifics, Definitions, Scriptural evidences. Clarity, not invective riddled accusation without substance, will lend credibility to your position Hermie.

I utilize the English language, Hermie. You are the one that seems quite enamored with the Greek/Roman/Norse mythological.

It in no way belittles our Lord and Savior to point-out the prophetic types and forshadows, nor to connote the attributes of Christ as emphasized throughout the Old Testament. Jesus is our all-in-all, from Genesis to Revelations. Just as Esther is a type for the Church, certain attributes of Mordecai are a type for Christ in the Book of Esther.

And by the way Hermie I am Caretaker for a lake and park, and of those who gather there. Just so that now you might know, not that you care.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

helpforhomeschoolers,

So you finally found the time to address your claim that Esther’s uncle compares favorably to Jesus our Messiah.

But before we go there, (for me, again- for you who knows how many times) let us look at your veiled, (not very well) insinuation that I am not a Christian because I do not give you and your tag team members the dignity that you seem to think that you command.

First of all you take phony names in order to pretend to be something that you are not. Then you pretend to be highly educated, (but in fact the only gift that you have is the ability to cut and paste).

Then after years of this type of behavior you suppose that you can belittle the Savior by comparing Christ to the morbid Mordecai.

Just tell me one thing if you can-

What gives you the right?

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know),

You want us to believe that you are immune to the onslaughts of the peculiar intellect.

But your own words belie the fact that you are easily infected.

You really know a lot about mythology, (that is whether you realize it or not).

And if it were not so sad it would be comical.

Let us have a little grammar school lesson shall we-

Hermes was the son of Zeus the fastest of the ancient gods, (known more commonly to us by the name Mercury).

Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know), references the mythological god by invoking the word hermeneutics, (a very sophisticated word that actually means nothing because if you follow this swift moving “thought process” it leads absolutely no where), but he, Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know) needs desperately to be looked up to so he, Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know) pulls the sophistication card, (you know, those rumpled cards that were mentioned in the original post to this thread) to use on all of us.

But “sound” hermeneutics is just more of the “forbidden fruit” that Caretaker, (of whom we do not know, of what we do know) is beginning to realize that that is what this particular thread is all about. Very good Caretaker (of whom we do not know, of what we do know)-

But so sorry, you are foiled once more.

AMH

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear sister helpforhomeschoolers, how are you sister? You also write:
quote:
It was Eve's very statement "God said we are not to touch" that allowed the devil to know without a doubt that Eve did not know what God had said. {bold by BORN AGAIN}
But didn't God say, "You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil". In other for Eve to "eat of it", Eve knows that she has to "touch it", so I think she can legally and correctly say, "God told us not to touch the tree".

Well, actually, now that I think more about it, maybe they were allowed to touch the tree, even to feel the fruit of it, but "not to eat of it".

"For in the day that you eat of it, you shall surely die", and not "in the day that you touch it you shall surely die". So the Devil at least knew that Eve had added something to the truth.

Interesting thoughts. Thanks for setting that off in me.

God blessings to all on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Amen Sis!!!!!

Satan is the great deceiver, and he has led so many astray through deception and compromise. It is only through the Grace of God and through His Word that one can perceive the truth.

In the Book of Esther Mordecai is in many ways a type for Christ.

He adopts Esther, we become the children of God through the spirit of adoption.

It is Haman who is the enemy, a type for Satan against Mordecai.

Mordecai does not bow down and worship. Jesus did not bow down and worship.

Est. 3:6
And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.

Esther 3:6
And when he learned of Mordecai's ethnic identity, Haman decided not to do away with Mordecai alone. He set out to destroy all of Mordecai's people, the Jews, throughout Ahasuerus' kingdom.

Esther 10:
1: And the king Ahasuerus laid a tribute upon the land, and upon the isles of the sea.
2: And all the acts of his power and of his might, and the declaration of the greatness of Mordecai, whereunto the king advanced him, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia?
3: For Mordecai the Jew was next unto king Ahasuerus, and great among the Jews, and accepted of the multitude of his brethren, seeking the wealth of his people, and speaking peace to all his seed.

Isaiah 11:
1: And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3: And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5: And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6: The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7: And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8: And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9: They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10: And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Zech. 14:
8: And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9: And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Mordecai saved the Jews, the people of Mordecai. Jesus has saved His people, the Body of Christ.

One sees so many types and foreshadows throughout the Word. The Lord Jesus Christ from Genesis to Revelation.

God bless you Sis.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

AMH: It is very sad because your intended point in this tread to show how the devil blinds is lost in your lack of spiritual fruit in dealing with others.

You are right the devil does manipulate the word and use it with a cavalier attitude, but I assure you that Caretaker is not among those who do this.

Further, in many years on this board with him, I have seen him respond out of his flesh only once and I see that in you with almost every post. You have now resorted to name calling and addressing a brother of Christ and Son of the living God with outright contempt and disrespect and disregard. You should be ashamed.

I really had high hopes for this tread for in it there was a thread of truth. Semantics do matter. It was Eve's very statement "God said we are not to touch" that allowed the devil to know without a doubt that Eve did not know what God had said.

There are many here who need to get hold of that. The devil blinds my misrepresenting, misusing, misapplying the Words of God in the minds of men.

But you will have to come down from your place of condescention to get that or anyother point across.

And as to Mordecai... you have vaild points in that discussion.

The comparison of Christ to Mordacai was my submission, not Drew's and was intended only in this sense: I do not discount the things that you have said as to why He is not a good literaly comparison, but I do think that the alligory is there in the story of Mordecai:

Modecai was to Esther her blood relation, the brother of her father.

Jesus is to the Hebrews, their blood relation the brother of their fathers.

Mordecai was the decendant of the First Earthly King of Israel.

Jesus is the decendant of THE heavenly King of Israel.

It was not known to the earthly king of the Persians over Israel that Esther was a Jew and a Hebrew.

It is not known to the earthly kings over Israel that the lost sheep of the house of Israel are Hebrews.

Mordecai took Esther as his daughter and in doing so, she would become his heir and earthly queen over their people.

Through Christ, the Iraelites that have become orphaned from the family of God are adopted into the family of God.... the stick that is in the hand of Ephrahim is being united with the stick that is in the hand of Judah.

Mordecai was exhalted to a place of esteem among his people... so shall Christ be.

I am going to stop there. I realize that we have different views of eschatology and perhaps also of the position of Israel... though I am not sure, and I again do not argue the points you brought out about Mordecai. I just think that it making the statement that Jesus is in the book of Esther our Mordecai I make a comparison of different things than you point out.

Moses, is in the exodus compared allegorically to Christ, and yet Moses is a murderer; Moses does not enter the promised land; Moses does not sanctify God before the people and instead strikes the rock twice and the rock was Christ... so literally speaking Moses is no Christ... but allegorically speaking Jesus is our Moses in Dueteronomy and Exodus.

You may not agree with my point, but I hope that at least you can see it.

I pray that God will speak to your spirit and you will stop this garbage that you are running around here slewing at God's children that the focus that you have heaped to yourself might be turned to Christ and what He perhaps has given you to share might be heard. It does not edify that you run around here calling names and being condescending and ugly and fleshy to the brethren. If you possess some understanding of God and the scriptures that is lacking it is given to you for the sharing and not for the belittling of others. It is fine to show how the words of God are twisted and they are twisted. It is not fine for you to be rude and act like a heathen mocking people's screen names and railing unsubstatiated accusations.

I am here now to bear witness that what my brother Drew says is true; your posting is not always clear and is often overshaddowed by your seemily pompus personal attacks and demeaning remarks to others. your posts often appear as though you feel you have some great and secret understanding of God that the rest of us do not have and cannot have and the truth is that if any of us has any understanding at all in the truth it is because of God's mercy and grace that HE has shown us in spite of ourselves and not because we are something to be puffed up about....if he has shown us, HE will show others as HE is not a respector of persons but a rewarder of those who seek.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

AMH:

There is an attempt, (how ever feeble) to deny the truth.

Timetaker is really saying that he is not susceptible to the same mistakes of the early Church. Probably he does not recognize sound history.

Here we go-

The Roman Catholic Church under Emperor Constantine wedded the dominate mythology of the day to Christian thought. They had a very specific idea in mind when they did it.

But like the ancient Jews, mythology is forbidden to them.

Timetaker wants us to believe that he is above even this mistake.

Sorry Timetaker, foiled again.

AMH

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well as AMH,(Always Muddled Hermeneutics), Hermie has pointed out, Constantine and the Roman Catholic Church has taditionally compromised with the pagans in certain festivals and practices, ie. Easter, Christmas, All Saints Day, etc. Hermie got one right.

As usual Hermie continues with his usual invective-riddled diatribe. Hermie accuses us of feeling ourselves to be above the common error, without once dealing with specifics nor substantive evidence which leads Hermie to his supposition.

Come on Hermie. Specifics. Definitions. Scriptural evidences. Clarity, not invective riddled accusation without substance, will lend credibility to your position.

John 14:
26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 Peter 3:
5: And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17: Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18: But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 Tim 3:
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

One is led through his innumerable accusatory posts, his use of sarcastic invective, and lack of scriptural substantiation, if Hermie is more reliant upon God's Word as a yardstick of truth, or a supposed angle of accusatory rhetoric against the Brethren. Then again true and effective discourse would require Hermie to establish a declared foundation of substance, rather than a shifting sand of railing accusation.

The Barbarians found it far easier to destroy then to preserve and operate constructively.

Proverbs 15:
1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

4 A wholesome F66 tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

5 A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.

6 In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.

7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

There is an attempt, (how ever feeble) to deny the truth.

Timetaker is really saying that he is not susceptible to the same mistakes of the early Church. Probably he does not recognize sound history.

Here we go-

The Roman Catholic Church under Emperor Constantine wedded the dominate mythology of the day to Christian thought. They had a very specific idea in mind when they did it.

But like the ancient Jews, mythology is forbidden to them.

Timetaker wants us to believe that he is above even this mistake.

Sorry Timetaker, foiled again.

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

James 1:
5: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6: But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Retrotaker,

The heathen think that by their vain repetition that God will answer.

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

AMH:

Undertaker,

I was saddened to learn of the demise of your comparison of Mordecai to the real Jesus.

My deepest heart felt condolences. (So sorry that you and I will not be conversing directly.)

AMH

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Caretaker:
Definition, clarity, substance, substantiation, all will assist you AMH in establishing a substantive dialogue, for a change.

Evasion, invective, sarcasm, denigration all serve to reduce the credibility of your postings and leave them murky and rejected.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Undertaker,

I was saddened to learn of the demise of your comparison of Mordecai to the real Jesus.

My deepest heart felt condolences. (So sorry that you and I will not be conversing directly.)

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

AMH:

I was taught as a youngster that conversation was a two way street, (you know manners, you do have some don’t you); that if conversation is going to continue with honesty that there will be give and take on both sides.

Caretaker:

You must first speak with clarity, definition, and substantiation, so that the parameters of a positive dialogue may be established.

AMH:

You seem determined to force me to answer you in a way that is in keeping with your lofty position here at the BBS. But before I do so you must come down to my level.

Caretaker:

No lofty position, but several years of postings, and a heart for truth. If you refer to your level of communication, then it is difficult because of the evasive murkiness of your content.

AMH:

Tell me how Esther’s uncle Mordecai is so like your jesus. Then if you are up to it we will discuss all that you would like in terms high and lifted up.

Caretaker:

The subject content is irrelevant to this thread, and the need for clarity in your postings, so that whoever reads your posts might have a clue as to the perspectivbe and parameters of the discussion at hand.

AMH:

(You seem gifted at entomology.

Caretaker:

Not really, as I am not very knowledgeable in the study of insects:
Main Entry: en·to·mol·o·gy
Pronunciation: "en-t&-'mä-l&-jE
Function: noun
Etymology: French entomologie, from Greek entomon insect (from neuter of entomos cut up, from en- + temnein to cut) + French -logie -logy -- more at TOME

AMH:
But your thunderings have only scared away a couple of moths. Not very exciting that. Do you really think that you will be able to change this light bulb to yellow? I dare say that even though you may have found someone to do your typing for you success will be only fleeting at best.)

Caretaker:
Evasion, invective, sarcasm, denigration all serve to reduce the credibility of your postings and leave them murky and rejected. My two old fingers on this keyboard have sufficed these last few years to clarify my position and communicate my perspective. Folks can understand where I stand, and from the Word why I support that particular position.

Still another rabbit trail, dodging and evading and avoiding.

State clearly that which Christians are teaching, that you feel is in error.

State clearly from the Word why you disagree, AFTER you state what you disagree with.

2 Tim. 3:
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

AMH you condemn, rebuke, and seek to correct that which you perceive as being error, but you post with confusion, without clarity, without precise substantiation from the Word, and with a tendency to skirt the issues.

Definition, clarity, substance, substantiation, all will assist you AMH in establishing a substantive dialogue, for a change.

Evasion, invective, sarcasm, denigration all serve to reduce the credibility of your postings and leave them murky and rejected.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Caretaker,

I was taught as a youngster that conversation was a two way street, (you know manners, you do have some don’t you); that if conversation is going to continue with honesty that there will be give and take on both sides.

You seem determined to force me to answer you in a way that is in keeping with your lofty position here at the BBS. But before I do so you must come down to my level.

Tell me how Esther’s uncle Mordecai is so like your jesus. Then if you are up to it we will discuss all that you would like in terms high and lifted up.

(You seem gifted at entomology. But your thunderings have only scared away a couple of moths. Not very exciting that. Do you really think that you will be able to change this light bulb to yellow? I dare say that even though you may have found someone to do your typing for you success will be only fleeting at best.)

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH:

I just don’t get it Caretaker????

You post something about Mordecai that I ask a question about. Then 12 pages later you still never answer a word. We are still on the first page of this post. Don’t you think it would be polite to wait your turn?

AMH

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still another rabbit trail, dodging and evading and avoiding.

State clearly from the Word why you disagree, AFTER you state what you disagree with.

2 Tim. 3:

AMH you condemn, rebuke, and seek to correct that which you perceive as being error, but you post with confusion, without clarity, without precise substantiation from the Word, and with a tendency to skirt the issues.

Definition. Clarity. Substance. Substantiation.

Seek to post with clarity so that your posts are not dismissed as a muddled mishmash of invective.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

I just don’t get it Caretaker????

You post something about Mordecai that I ask a question about. Then 12 pages later you still never answer a word. We are still on the first page of this post. Don’t you think it would be polite to wait your turn?

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

AMH:

Again with the personal attacks.

What is the real matter Caretaker? Is the heat being turned up a little too high for you?

AMH

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once again you skirt the issue.

2 Tim. 3:

Seek to post with clarity so that your posts are not dismissed as a muddled mishmash of invective.

No heat because you have yet to post with any kind of clarity, without dodging the issues.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Again with the personal attacks.

What is the real matter Caretaker? Is the heat being turned up a little too high for you?

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

(Yes this is an open forum and everyone is welcome.)

To give as a first proof for my argument-

The imagination has out paced the facts that the Second Coming of Christ shows greater power than that of the First Coming of Christ.

+++++

HisGrace and helpforthehomeschoolers,

As a kid in elementary school I was introduced, (academically) to the Greeks, Romans, (and on my own to the Vikings). There was something very attractive about these people. I read things like Gibbon’s “Rise and Fall…” but that was not it. I found their mythology, especially Nordic Mythology very pleasing.

Norse Mythology gave rise to interesting characters like Oden, Thor, Loki. It even had a prophetic culmination to it.

(This thread is meant to examine why not how, [with a minimal of background].)

I will observe that today’s “Christian” thought is partly determined by past mythology. The reason that I say this is because some of it follows closely to mythology. You can even go further in this statement if you like and say that at least a portion of “end time” teaching is past mythology with “Christian” name tags attached. (All you have to do is study the mythology and use your imagination which is what mythology is.)

If anyone would like, after this thread reaches its natural conclusion, we can study the above further. But for now I would really like to continue without having to “prove” everything. Sort of like an overview, with a willingness to come back later and fill in some of the blanks.

7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. (Hebrews 11:7)

The people living in Noah’s day did not understand the coming destruction. When it came they were taken completely by surprise. (They understood nothing.) It will be just like that again. So a good question would be-

How many people today understand the “kind” of destruction that “end time” “Christians” are preaching and teaching?

It does not look that good for the above Christians.

(But that is not what this thread is meant to be about. It is the “why” not the “how”.)

AMH

More generalities without substance, accusations without credibility, from AMH.

You post with all of the clarity of thick mud.

2 Tim. 3:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace and helpforthehomeschoolers,

As a kid in elementary school I was introduced, (academically) to the Greeks, Romans, (and on my own to the Vikings). There was something very attractive about these people. I read things like Gibbon’s “Rise and Fall…” but that was not it. I found their mythology, especially Nordic Mythology very pleasing.

Norse Mythology gave rise to interesting characters like Oden, Thor, Loki. It even had a prophetic culmination to it.

(This thread is meant to examine why not how, [with a minimal of background].)

I will observe that today’s “Christian” thought is partly determined by past mythology. The reason that I say this is because some of it follows closely to mythology. You can even go further in this statement if you like and say that at least a portion of “end time” teaching is past mythology with “Christian” name tags attached. (All you have to do is study the mythology and use your imagination which is what mythology is.)

If anyone would like, after this thread reaches its natural conclusion, we can study the above further. But for now I would really like to continue without having to “prove” everything. Sort of like an overview, with a willingness to come back later and fill in some of the blanks.

7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. (Hebrews 11:7)

The people living in Noah’s day did not understand the coming destruction. When it came they were taken completely by surprise. (They understood nothing.) It will be just like that again. So a good question would be-

How many people today understand the “kind” of destruction that “end time” “Christians” are preaching and teaching?

It does not look that good for the above Christians.

(But that is not what this thread is meant to be about. It is the “why” not the “how”.)

AMH

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

ha ha ha Hisgrace. I am so glad to know that I am not alone! I am sure that we are both missing something! God has probably been gracious to us in allowing us to miss it! [roll on floor]

[thumbsup2]

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
: Huh???

I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I thought I was missing something. [Roll Eyes]
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

You lost me with the last post AMH. Not hard to do, sometimes I just dont follow; I admiditly am sometimes a great example of why dumb blonde jokes came to be, even though I am a redhead or was before the grey. [pound]

So...

Huh???

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

(Yes this is an open forum and everyone is welcome.)

To give as a first proof for my argument-

The imagination has out paced the facts that the Second Coming of Christ shows greater power than that of the First Coming of Christ.

HisGrace
unregistered

Jesus was God and he had every power available to Him with just a mere whisper, but he came as flesh and wanted to be humbled and identify with mankind in every way possible.

John the Baptist didn't feel worthy to baptize Jesus, but insisted that He be baptized like everyone else. He even washed the disciples' feet to show his humility.

There is a scripture that says he could have called on legions of angels to help him in once instance, but he chose not to do so.

He made the ultimate sacrifice of humility and shame by being crucified on that cruel cross and dieing in the flesh as a human.

RedeemTheTime
Community Member
Member # 5161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedeemTheTime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last post by helpforhomeschoolers...awesome and yes, an awesome God and topic!:-) Revelation 22:20
Posts: 20 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
“When Christ comes the second time He will come in great power.” Implying that Christ’ first coming was in weakness or at least not in great strength.

Maybe if we look closely we will be able to tell which is greater-

Christ’ first coming or Christ’ second coming.

Is this up fpr discussion in this thread? I think that this is a fantastic topic!

I am not sure that I would say one was greater than the other; but certainly HIS first coming was one of unspeakable power.

His appearance to the Jew that denied HIM was that of weakness... of having been smitten of God, of one cursed, but that is not the reality.

Isaiah says that He was led like a lamb to slaughter and He did not open his mouth to speak against those who transgressed against HIM.

I see that there is tremendous strength in willful submission to the will of another.

Meekness and timidity are not the same things. Jesus was meek; He was not timid nor was HE weak.

What about HIS power over HIS own flesh, could you fast for 40 days and still deny the cunning of the devil?

These are things of HIS humanity, but what of HIS God-nity? He came with power that no human has ever had before HIM... the power to lay down HIS own life and pick it up again.

What about HIS power over tempest wind and sea? What about HIS power over demons, powers and principalities of darkness?

What about the power to set captives free that had been imprisoned in death for thousands of years?

What about the power to call forth the dead?

What about the power to send for the Holy SPirit?

What about the power to without weapon or warfare establish a kingdom that men were willing to give their lives to be persecuted to be part of or to give all they had that was earthly to be part of?

I think that this and so much more than I could possibly comprehend much less speak with this humand mind and mouth was the glory and the majesty and the power and might of HIS first coming. I think that this is the revelation that John was given.... that all the glory and majesty and might that will be seen by the world at HIS second coming was present in HIS first and made known progressively to HIS saints.

THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD DWELLED IN HIM BODILY!!! Can WE even comprehend the power and might and glory of that?

HisGrace
unregistered

When Jesus came the first time he came with total humbleness, born in a lowly manger as a human, to become a servant to all.

The second time will be with total victory .

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

There are several ideas surrounding the Cross of Christ-

ransom or debt

temple sacrifice

exchange, substitute

courtroom battle

victory

bait

reconciliation, mediation

(Not intended as a complete listing.) These and others have been debated for centuries.

But the one heard lately in “Sunday School” is-

“When Christ comes the second time He will come in great power.” Implying that Christ’ first coming was in weakness or at least not in great strength.

Maybe if we look closely we will be able to tell which is greater-

Christ’ first coming or Christ’ second coming.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Have you not read, “Ye are gods”?

How can this be so, (for we are not gods)?

The one with the peculiar intellect that was mentioned at the beginning would also like to be god. How is he to accomplish this desire?

It is said that his appearing is as an angel of light. Now have you ever seen this “angel of light” with your physical eyes? Can we look upon spirit and say that we have seen?

No. This is not how things work.

The peculiar intellect comes innocently enough as an idea or a whisper; a little voice that tickles the ear, and tells you of pretty little ditties. (As you know “angel” means “messenger”.)

The peculiar intellect assumes the form of another, (you have heard of possession). He seeks to possess that which is not his. This is done in order to change direction.

You see the intended target of this thread is a moving one.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace,

Because you ask, I will let it go-

With this,

Not one jot or tittle.

HisGrace
unregistered

I am sorry if I didn't dot my i's and dot my t's properly, but I am sure you know that I am referring to either death or rapture. I have made that clear before, but I guess I failed on this occasion.

Please let it go.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace,

It could be either/or what, (you certainly could never make a mistake now could you)?

For one thing, you did not write “either/or”. You wrote “upon death”. Doesn’t that mean anything to you or any of your allies? (The answer is “NO IT DOES NOT” mean anything to you.)

What you say today can be changed at a whim. And that is why “twisting” your words is of no import, (they are going to change anyway).

But the word of God will never change, it will stand for ever, heaven and earth will pass away but God’s word is not going to.

I will not say that our side discussion is fruitless. It is going somewhere. Your postings will be applied to the problem at hand.

Thank you for the input.

(By the way math may just be my forte, or could we change that to forty.)

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AMH:
HisGrace,
When you wrote in another thread about Dr. Rodgers you insinuated several things that did not add up.
In your second post in this thread you insinuate that believers will receive glorified bodies at death. But in the thread where you spoke of Dr. Rodgers you hold the position that believers receive their glorified bodies at the rapture, not death.

Do the math - It could be either/or.
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace,

This is hard for you, (that someone might disagree with those that have the influence) but if you would just take a jaundice look at what you write you might see what I am talking about.

When you wrote in another thread about Dr. Rodgers you insinuated several things that did not add up.

In your second post in this thread you insinuate that believers will receive glorified bodies at death. But in the thread where you spoke of Dr. Rodgers you hold the position that believers receive their glorified bodies at the rapture, not death.

You continually do things like the above.

In both threads you threaten to leave if I don’t comply.

And of course a disagreement is what you call “twisting” of your words.

This is unacceptable behavior.

If you want to be treated like an adult with a free will then act like one. I am amicable to this.

I will do something for you that I do not do very often. If I have been to hard then I apologize. (But don’t tell anyone, I have a reputation you know.)

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's take inventory here AMH. You say that

-I wear the emblem of faith as if it is my own personal property.

-According to you, my signature was questioned when you and I first started but maybe I missed that.

-That I am bandying about “absolutes” as though they really are absolutes.

-It is suspected that my reluctance to lend support for my opinions is because there is no support to lend.

-I twist the words in the Bible at every turn to fit my preconceived ideas of what the Christian life should be.

-My references have very limited capacity.

-I came to this thread to harrass. lol. Apparently it is amusing to me.

-I no longer possess the ability to learn.

-The only thing that I want is to keep others from having a chance to hear opinions other than mine.

-I am very smug and sit looking down at all the ignorance.

I guess on that note I best leave this thread, because all I have is empty words, and don't even remotely come near to the intelligence you possess AMH. You're on your own buddy.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

The prophecy contained in Genesis 3:15 is a point of contention.

Even if Eve did not mistake Cain as being the one that was to defeat the “serpent” many others throughout history have misidentified the Messiah.

Most religions have some form of “messiah-ship”. Notice modern Judaism, it is an outright rejection of Jesus as Messiah but Judaism does teach that a Messiah is needed.

The Christian faith is not the only “faith” that teaches that Jesus is/was the Messiah. Many cults also teach Jesus as messiah, but then these cults teach that there are other messiahs and other ways to a right relation with God.

As HisGrace has so graciously pointed out, there are a lot of people out there, whether organized or not that do not know about Messiah or do not care.

Although they will be touched on from time to time, these four different views will not be the focus for this discussion.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That Genesis 3:15 has only been partially fulfilled is the intended target.

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

HisGrace,

“If” I twist your words at this website, what does that mean? Most here at this site are novices compared to you and a couple of your friends. You twist the words in the Bible at every turn to fit your preconceived ideas of what the Christian life should be.

Have you, (you and your friends) ever come up with even one original idea? (It is very difficult for you to meet an argument that is couched in terms you have never seen before. That is because of the limited capacity that your reference “books” have.)

You came to this thread to harass. It is amusing for you isn’t it, (not a question). You no longer possess the ability to learn and the only thing you want more than to keep others from discovering this fact is to keep them from having a chance to hear opinions other than yours.

It is very smug for you to sit looking down at all the ignorance. A good laugh all around.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AMH:
HisGrace,(Your not finding reference to “grudge” is not surprising since you are looking in the wrong places.)

You twisted the intention of my words AMH. I notice you made no attempt to locate such scriptures.

Naturally Christians are capable of holding grudges, but they will not gain any peace if they don't deal with it. If a person doesn't release forgiveness, they have to bear the consequences.

2 Cor. 2:10,11.When you forgive this man. I forgive him too. And when I forgive him for whatever is to be forgiven). I do so with Christ's authority for your benefit, so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are very familiar with his evil schemes.

quote:
Your signature that you are using has deep spiritual meaning, not something to be taken lightly, (example: by His grace we live and have our being). So bringing your signature into the discussion would not be so unusual, besides you are the one wearing the emblem of our faith as though it were your own personal property And any way, your signature was questioned when you and I first started but maybe you missed that.
Well, my signature is rather a permanent fixture in all of my posts. Your personal jabs at other posters never ceases to amuse me AMH.

The KJV sames basically the same thing as the NLT.
2 Corinthians 4:1-4 (KJV)
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Paul is saying that he is speaking out of deep conviction in his heart, and if people don't listen to his teachings, they are blinded and have a veil over their eyes and will not see the need to come to Christ.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement