Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The truth shall set you free

Author Topic: The truth shall set you free
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Preach it my sister...a truly excellent summation of the present (past and future) reality. The world knows us not because it knew Him not...it hated Him and so if we are His it will hate us as well...and so many perish for His names sake even today (in fact more Christians were beaten, jailed, deprived, raped, tortured, and even killed for their faith in the 20th century than in all previous centuries combined, and I personally expect this trend to escalate even further all the more as the Day approached) Be at peace...we are in Him and He has overcome the world. Therefore rejoice...

Love in Christ,

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jhn 8:32   And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

We live in a world where people no longer want to know the truth. Sadly, even some Pastors are no longer preaching the truth, because they do not want to offend some people of their flock.
In an attempt to be kind, we are sending people to hell with a smile. Yes, finding out your lifestyle is a sin and you are endanger of going to hell, is not something anyone wants to face, but it is so much better to hear the truth now, while you can still be saved. The Bible makes it clear that there will come a time when there will be no chance to seek forgiveness.

Hbr 9:27   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The world looks at preaching against sin as hate speech. But speech which brings recognition of sin, sorrow, and then repentance brings about healing for the soul and a new relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Contrary to the world’s view everyone is not going to Heaven.

Jhn 10:27   My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jhn 10:28   And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

Jhn 14:15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jhn 14:21   He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Mat 25:33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Mat 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Let us not be afraid to speak the truth. In love share the whole truth of the Gospel. Don’t let fear of hating someone’s feelings, keep you from speaking when God tells you to speak. Don’t love someone right into hell.

These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Jud 1:20  
But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
Jud 1:21  
keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22  
And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[fn4]
Jud 1:23  
but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[fn5] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

No where are we instructed to hate a person, but we are instructed to hate sin.

God takes no pleasure in preachers who are preaching a false Gospel.

Psa 119:104   Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

God hates sin, but He loved the world so much that He sent His Son to die so that the world may be saved. We now have a choice to accept His Son or reject His Son and go to hell.
It is not God who sends us to hell, but our choice whether to accept the ticket to Heaven (salvation) or reject Heaven and choose Hell.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement