Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » This year let us take the high road. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: This year let us take the high road.
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FoundinHim, the others we are pointing the finger at is the Roman Catholic church.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is not the ministry to the lost more important than sticking ones nose up at a day Christians use as opportunity to praise the Lord Jesus Christ and welcome the sinner to salvation?

This thread is proof that some here would rather be politically right and point their finger at others than to remember why Christ died.

Sad.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so am i the weak, ignorant brother of Romans 14 or are you .....

Dear Found in Him & Betty Louise I really pray Yahweh give you and others understanding of the seriousness of this topic.....

Common erroneous teaching and practices based on a perversion of Romans 14. Too many churches of Christ allow the teaching that Romans 14 includes doctrinal and moral deviations from the truth of God's word. Hence, a brother who has not extricated himself of all his false doctrine he acquired while in denominationalism is allowed to believe and, sometimes, even teach error and others are instructed to back off.

The instruction of Romans 14 does not even resemble such a posture, not in teaching or application. False teachers must be confronted and challenged (Acts 15: 1, 2 ff.) When false teachers persist, they are to be marked and not fellowshipped (Rom. 16: 17, 2 Jn. 9-11, regardless of their believed motives).

Notwithstanding, some that hold that error must not be challenged, according to the common misunderstanding of Romans 14.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisiter Betty, But I do pray for the lost, hubby and I are both in theology school and our calling is to the Jew first and then the gentile.

We dont have to put a day aside for Christ, God put that day aside a long time ago thru His Feast

Lev 23

And the Lord spoke to Moses saying-
Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: the Feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, THESE ARE MY FEASTS.

Notice The Lord God did not say they are your feasts (although they were to be practiced each year as that is what the word "convocations" means, kinda of like Christmas is practiced each year)

This is how we know that Yeshua was the Passover Lamb, thru the set-appointed times of Father God.

Paul continued to practice all the Feasts of the Lord, which is eveident if you read the New Testament.

Its true that Gentiles are not called to be Jews. But when a Jewish person comes to faith in Christ, he is also not called to become a Gentile.

There is neither in the Kingdom of God. Like I said, The church misrepresent the Feasts days of the Lord, calling them the "Jewish" Feasts when in fact God calls them HIS Feasts.

God did not call the Feast of Firstfruits after a pagan goddess.

Lev 23:5 On the 14th day of the 1st month at twilight is the Lords Passover.

In the New Testament we know that this was when Yeshua was sacrificed as the Passover Lamb. This same date set by God the Father.

Lev23:10-11

"speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall being a sheaf of the Firstfruits of your harvest to the priest.

'He shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted on your behalf; on the day AFTER the Sabbath(Saturday) the priest shall wave it."

We see this in the New Test. Yeshua, the Firstfruit unto the Father being waved on our behalf. Yeshua rose on the 1st day of the week, which is Sunday according to our Greek calander. The day after the Sabbath as recorded in verse 11 stated above.

So, these are NOT the Feasts of the Jews, they are The Lords Feasts as The Lord God stated in Lev 23.

The Lord God has already set aside the date from the beginning. Man does not set the date, God does.

If you celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Yeshua, then you are celebrating, holding a holy convocation during the Feasts of Firstfruits.

In fact, the Jewish people of Pauls day would not know who Yeshua was if it had not been for the fulfillment of the Feasts of the Lord, Passover/Firsfruit. The were a "called out" people, and were not allowed to join with the heathen nations. They knew of Estore/Easter worship at that time and it would have been an abomination to link Jesus the Christ with pagan names and practices.

This is simply history, like I said, taught in theology school, but we hold on to our traditions, no different than some of the Jewish people that Yeshua rebuked because of their man-made traditions.

I pray for the lost daily, have led some to the Lord, but as far as the "high road" i cannot see where mixing things from the pagan world with Gods ways are taking the High Road.

Of course I am still anticipating the Lords Feast of Trumpets, Feast of the Day of Atonement and The Feast of Tabernacles which are all to come with the coming of our Lord.

Jews and Gentile Believers in Yeshua will be a part of these Feasts.

God is calling us to His Feasts, not Jewish or Gentile man-made Feasts but to His Feasts.

Shalom

Gentiles were allowed to join with them, but they could not join themselves to the heathen/pagans.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I believe Paul would rejoice with us that we still put a day aside in this Country to honor the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior.
We are not called to become Jewish but to be servants of Christ.
We are NOT required to partake of the feast of the Jews. We are Christians and not Jews.

I respect the feasts but I do not celebrate them. I celebrate the Resurrection and Birth of my Lord.
betty

yahsway
Obviously, you are not capable of taking the high road and setting aside your prejudices and pray for the lost. I feel sorry for you.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Betty, surely the Apostle Paul would not have given the Feast of the Lord, Passover/firstfruits a pagan goddesses name" Easter"

This was done by the Catholic church some 300 years after the resurrection of Yeshua. The first christians both Jew and Gentile celebrated the Passover and day of firstfruits for some 300 years until the Catholic Church changed not only the date but the name. They said they wanted to seperate themselves from anything that "looked Jewish".

But wait a minute. Our Lord was Jewish, and the Feast day that He was sacrificed on was the Passover, the Feast of the Lord.

What many Christians dont understand is these are NOT Jewish Feasts, the Bible says, well, God says they are HIS Feasts. (Lev 23)

These Feats are the Forshadows of things that were AND things that are to be.

Constantine wanted to make it more palatable for the pagans coming into christianity and did not forbid them to keep their old pagan ways and mix it with the Christian ways. Thats how we inherited the day of "Easter".

He changed its times to suit the pagans and gave it the name after their goddess of spring.

And now after 1700 years its tradition. We even inherited the easter eggs and bunny rabbits because these were part of the rituals and sacrifices to Estore, Queen of heaven. And in Catholic belief, Mary the mother of Yeshua is now the "Queen of Heaven"

I am not questioing anyone salvation here as i believe you and foundinHim are 2 sweet ladies and warriors for the Lord.

All i am doing is teaching where we in the Christian Church have as the scripture says "inherited lies from our fathers"

They teach this in almost all theological schools, but most pastors wont change it in their congregations for fear of losing congregants.

Resurrection Day/Day of Firstfruits is a wonderful celebration. For without Christs resurrection there would be no Christianity.

But i believe the Apostle Paul would be saddened to know that after some 300 years after Christ went to Heaven, some men monkeyed with the Gods Feasts Days. Just something to think about.

Shalom

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing Betty, I want all to know that I deeply appreciate you. Which of us here but you requested prayer for the lost? Your heart is for them... Just like The Lord.

God looks at the heart. He not only was Highly exalted today among the congregation that celebrates The Risen Lord of Easter... But lost folks found their way into the arms of a Savior that loves them and died for them.

It is the heart of one redeemed by His precious blood, who knows the value and peace of forgiveness and mercy that desires it for the lost!

Have a blessed night Betty!

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

becausehelives...

Romans 14
The Weak and the Strong
1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.' "[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

1 John
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; 22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Happy Resurrection Day Betty...Christ The Lord is Risen! What a Beautiful Lord indeed we serve that accepts the heart that praises Him without judgmental and harsh criticism as some.

Our Maker has blessed us with a conscience and common sense to weigh all such matters as stated above hasn't He?

I sure am glad that He is The Judge and not man!

I hope you had a very blessed day!
[hug]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same reasons Paul was against the Jews forcing Christians to become Jewish first in order to be saved. I am a Christian and I am not Jewish.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray the influence of the Roman Catholic Wh!ore will be broken that people can truly be saved.

love and peace to all,

let all who name the name of Christ keep pagan names off their lips....

the Resurrection has a name "Passover" why not use it, instead of a pagan name!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I do pray for the lost EVERYDAY. Easter Sunday more of the lost attend Church. We should pray especially for these to accept Jesus.

I just came home from Church where we did NOT celebrate the Easter Bunny. We did NOT worship Easter eggs. We worshiped our Resurrected Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We had a wonderful time praising the Lord.

Happy Easter
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

The Father, The Son or The Spirit have never ask the Eklisia (the Church) to add to the Word of Yahweh....

the traditions of men such as Easter, Christ Mass and the like are adding to the Word of Yahweh....making the Word of Yahweh of non effect.

The Pharisees Yahshua condemned did this same thing adding to the things of Yahweh their own twist....

in fact the scriptures command not to take from or add to the words of this Book (the Scriptures)...

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

And as you know, “all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone”.

John 4:23 - But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 - Elohim is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Let's consider first of all the scriptural prohibition of incorporating paganism into our worship in the first place. When the children of Israel were about to go into the promised land, Yahweh's desire was that they not take their pagan practices and apply it to Him:

Deuteronomy 12:28 - Observe and hear all these words which I command thee, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee for ever, when thou doest that which is good and right in the sight of YAHWEH thy Elohim. 29 - When YAHWEH thy Elohim shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land; 30 - Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their elohim, saying, How did these nations serve their elohim? even so will I do likewise.

Yahweh commanded that they not even inquire after their gods. Yahweh didn't want them to 'learn the way of the heathen' at all! This is consistent with what Yahweh said later:

Jeremiah 10:2 - Thus saith YAHWEH, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

"Learn not the way of the heathen". Here are 2 commandments in scripture where we are told to not learn about pagan worship, much less apply their practices to the worship of Yahweh.

Continuing..

Deuteronomy 12:31 - Thou shalt not do so unto YAHWEH thy Elohim: for every abomination to YAHWEH, which he hateth, have they done unto their elohim; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their elohim.

Yahweh says plainly "Thou shalt not do so unto YAHWEH thy Elohim". Do what? Worship Yahweh in the way the other nations worship their deities. We find more evidence in the "New Testament" scriptures:

Galatians 4:8 - But then, indeed, when you did not know YAHWEH, you served those which by nature are not mighty ones. 9 - But now after you have known YAHWEH, or rather are known by YAHWEH, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 - You observe days and months and seasons and years.11 - I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

Here is a direct condemnation of continuing in those 'weak and beggarly elements' which were in paganism/idolatry. This included the observance of certain days, months, times and years found within idolatry. Some have tried to use this against those who observe the commanded feast days such as Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, etc. but Yahweh's commandments are not "weak and beggarly elements". Paul himself kept the feasts, surely he would be bringing condemnation upon himself here.

Acts 18:20 - When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not; 21 - But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if YAHWEH will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Therefore, this is certainly talking about Gentiles 'turning again' to idolatry, not returning to Yahweh's commandments! Within that idolatry was the observance of days, months, times, etc that are not found in the pages of scripture. It is clearly condemned here

We find the people of Judah were doing similar things in Jeremiah chapter 2. They were claiming that they weren't polluted with Baal, but Yahweh said:

Jeremiah 2:22 - For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Master YAHWEH. 23 - How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;

They claimed they weren't polluted, but apparently their actions showed otherwise. Therefore it is certainly wrong to mix paganism into worship. Paganism is actually Satanism.

1Corinthians 10:20 - But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to Elohim: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 - Ye cannot drink the cup of YAHWEH, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of YAHWEH's table, and of the table of devils. 22 - Do we provoke YAHWEH to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Why would anyone believe it is okay to incorporate Satanism into our worship? How terrible! The Egyptians observed many of these pagan practices, what did Yahweh command Israel?

Leviticus 18:2 - Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am YAHWEH your Elohim. 3 - After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances. 4 - Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am YAHWEH your Elohim. 5 - Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am YAHWEH.

They are told specifically to keep Yahweh's commandments, not the ones of the Egyptians nor the ones in the land of Canaan. Yet, we find in modern day mainstream Christianity that people are doing these very things. We are told to keep Yahweh's commandments and not add to them nor take away from them:

Deuteronomy 12:32 - What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Did the children of Israel obey these commands?

Psalms 106:32 - They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes: 33 - Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips. 34 - They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom YAHWEH commanded them: 35 - But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.

They did not. How about today, can we participate in pagan practices today? Does Yahweh indeed have a double standard? Should we mingle among the heathen and learn their works? Certainly no. Yahweh is no respecter of persons and shows no partiality.

Colossians 3:25 - But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

1Peter 1:13 - Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the favor that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Yahushua the Messiah; 14 - as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 - but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 - because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy." 17 - And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay [here] in fear;

On Judgment day, Yahweh will judge each without partiality or respecter of persons. If something was wrong in 2000BCE then it is also wrong in the 21st century.

Hebrews 13:7 - Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of YAHWEH to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 - Yahushua the Messiah is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 - Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by favor, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.

Christmas, Easter, Cross symbols and various other 'strange doctrines' (though under different names) were alive and well in Yahushua's time and they are alive and well in the 21st century. It was wrong then, it is wrong now.

Consider this, if something was wrong in the year 300...in what year did it become acceptable to Yahweh? 301? 400? 500?? 1900?? The answer is NEVER.

Regardless of excuses, reasoning's, etc. there is one standard that we will be expected to live by on Judgment day and that is Yahweh's word. If Yahweh's word says it is wrong then it is ALWAYS wrong. I have yet to see a pig chewing the cud. Until the day I see a pig chewing the cud, I will declare it UNCLEAN as Yahweh's word says. These are all attempts to undermine the word of Yahweh. If it was wrong to change the Sabbath to Sunday in years gone by, it is wrong now. If it was wrong to take heathen customs and apply them to Yahweh in years gone by, then it is wrong now. Yahweh does not change. Shouldn't the roots of our worship be in the scriptures rather than in idolatry and vain customs? Yet just the opposite is embraced today...all with a million excuses, none of which will stand. All of these are embraced and Yahweh's commandments are rejected. Yahweh commands us to keep the feasts, keep the Sabbaths, call upon His name and walk in HIS ways, not the ways of the world.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of YAHWEH.

Only when we refuse to be conformed to this world and yield ourselves to be transformed by the renewing of our mind will we know what the good and acceptable and perfect will of Yahweh.

Therefore, I call upon all to forsake vain tradition and to walk in the commandments of Yahweh. Our fathers have inherited lies, but let's worship our Father in Spirit and in truth:

John 4:23 - But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 - Elohim is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Yahweh is seeking those who will worship Him in Spirit and in truth, not vain and idolatrous worship from the gods of Egypt in generations past.

Joshua 24:14 - Now therefore fear YAHWEH, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the elohim which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye YAHWEH.

HalleluYah, when all is said and done we can know that we are doing right if our conduct is according to the Word of Yahweh. Let's put away the practices of the wicked and lets embrace the practices found in the word of Yahweh. The Word of Yahweh is Yahushua the Messiah. We know that He never observed such things, nor did He command them. Therefore let us walk as He walked!

1John 2:4 - He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 - But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of YAHWEH is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 - He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

We can rest in this promise. Let's allow Yahushua the Messiah to be in us and allow the Spirit of Yahweh to convict our hearts to worship our Almighty Father Yahweh in Spirit and in TRUTH, no matter what year we live in.

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Texasgrandma, with all due respect,we should be praying for the lost everyday and we dont have to be at an assembly to do that.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We are celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus. It is so sad that you can't stop arguing long enough to pray for the lost who will be in Church tomorrow to celebrate Easter. [Frown]
The point of this thread is praying for the lost.
betty

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Notice in Exodus 32 about the golden calf.

verse 4 And he (Aaron) recieved the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf. Then they (the people) said, "This is your god(god with little "g")O Israel, that brought you out of Egypt!"

verse 5 So when Aaron saw it, he built an alter before it. And Aaron made a proclomation and said,

"Tomorrow is a Feast to the Lord." (Notice the word Lord is capitalized, meaning The Lord Yahweh)

Here is a picture of "Mixing" pagan worship with the Lord God Yahweh.

Verse 7 says that the Lord God said to Moses "Go, get down! For your people have corrupted themselves." "They have turned aside quickly out of the way in which I commanded them."

They made a golden calf and said that on the next day they will have a Feast unto the Lord God Yahweh using this golden calf.

No different today. We celebrate the Lords resurrection, calling that day after a pagan goddess, ect...

Yes its true the Catholic church is to blame for this. But they dont deny it. They say they have the authority to add to Yahwehs laws and to take away from them. For they say the keys of the kingdom were given to Peter to bind or loose ect..

The Protestant church have inherited these things from the Roman Catholic church to be sure.

But not to worry, for God said that when He returns He will take away the "Baals" from our lips.

Rev. Alexander Hislop said this-

"To conciliate the pagans to nominal Christianity, Rome, pursuing its usual policy, took measures to get Christian and pagan festivals amalgated, and, by a complicated but skillful adjustment of the calender, it was found no difficult matter, in general, to get paganisim and Christianity, now far sunk in idolatry, in this as in so many other things, to SHAKE HANDS."

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the miracle of Easter ?
the miracle of Easter is that its deception continues deceive the masses. (no pun intended)

Easter Sunday or Ishtar Pagan Day

-THE GREATER ABOMINATION-
ARE WE REALLY CELEBRATING THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
OR OF EASTER, THE FERTILITY GODDESS OF BABYLON?

Are we really celebrating the resurrection of Christ or of Easter, the fertility goddess of Babylon? Did the goddess Easter resurrect from the underground on the Spring Equinox? The pagan worshippers believed she did and worship her every year in the spring with orgies, rabbits and eggs. Constantine was so anti-Semitic that he forced the Christians to change the name of the resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ from "The Feast of First Fruits" Leviticus 23, to Easter. He changed the name to the pagan God Ishtar or Easter. The true Christians never allowed it to change. Even our "puritans" who came to America would not celebrate Easter or Christmas.

The story goes that Easter's son goes to the under world and cannot get back up so she has to go down their to get Him. Easter resurrects back up in the spring. Supposedly Tammuz, her son, is born at Christmas, and dies at Halloween. All the witchcraft books tell the story and give all the pagan holidays which look just like the Christian holidays.

Repent for your ignornance, like I had to, and help stop this abomination. In Ezekiel 8:14 that woman crying for Tammuz is Easter. When I was in London recently, I went to the museum and there were Easter obelisks from Nineveh. The actual ones and her lions from her temple. I was shocked, but not as shocked as I was to find out that the church today calls the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ after Easter, who is the Queen of Heaven and the woman who rides the beast of Revelation.

Kelly McGinley
The Berean Chonicles Commentary

http://www.thebereanchronicles.com/easter_and_ishtar.html

I will fight against The Roman Catholic Wh!ore Church and all her teaching till my last breathe this year and every year, that is the high road!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I love you too, FoundInHim. I believe we spend far too many hours arguing about Holidays. If you celebrate then celebrate the miracle of Easter, if you don't then keep your day as usual,but all of us can pray for the lost.
I plan on being in the Lord's House Easter Sundays
and I am looking froward to the Easter music.
betty

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Thank you Sister Betty... This is just one of the reasons that I love you so much. You bring balance and peace! [Kiss]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Every year at this time, there is a disagreement between Christians whether we should celebrate Easter or not. This year let us take the high road. Let us join in prayer for every person who goes to Church only on Easter. When we think of how long eternity is going to be for every person who goes to hell, our prayer should be for the lost.
Let us spend time praying for the lost who will go to Church Sunday and not spend so much time arguing among ourselves.

betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement