Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The Last Days...

Author Topic: The Last Days...
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MISS ALISHA...Now I can't remember where the rapture discussion was earlier.

However, I am aware of the rapture debates as you described and I am not sold on any of them.
To me the word Rapture is not necessary. Jesus said that he would return and what would take place at the time. I have no interest in trying to change it. Mark 13 lays it out good enough for me. To believe otherwise is to fall into the hands of the AntiChrist and Satan thinking it is the rapture.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://media.winworld.com/media/voe/mannafest425.wmv

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Alisha
Community Member
Member # 7438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Alisha         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
Miss Alisha...This subject was well covered on another board here, but may I suggest you read Mark 13. Especially, I would like to point out verse 20..last two words "five months". verse 24 says but in those days, AFTER THE TRIBULATION, .....then verse 26 and then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds ....
verse 27 says...AND THEN shall he send his angels and shall gather together His elect....

this is a well debated issue among teologians and Christians alike. Will the saints be raptured pre-tribulation, or mid-trib, or post-trib? Even after reading the bible extensively for years, I still believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the Church. Where is the other message board you aer speaking of? I'd really like to read others' perspective. What do you believe regarding the rapture? Be blessed

--------------------
For surely, we shall behold Him!

Posts: 14 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Miss Alisha...This subject was well covered on another board here, but may I suggest you read Mark 13. Especially, I would like to point out verse 20..last two words "five months". verse 24 says but in those days, AFTER THE TRIBULATION, .....then verse 26 and then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds ....
verse 27 says...AND THEN shall he send his angels and shall gather together His elect....

Miss Alisha
Community Member
Member # 7438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Alisha         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
MISS ALISHA... At the beginning of your post you made the statement= These "things" are AFTER the Church is taken out of this world.

Standing worthy and escaping to me anyway, means that you will be, if alive, protected and not a hair on your head will be harmed. Am I mistaken?

I believe that the Saints will escape the these atrocities in the rapture. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.Then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
The plagues spoken of in the book of Daniel and Revelation, are God's attempt to get the rest of mankind to seek Him while He can yet be found. In God's infinite mercy He is not willing that ANY shall perish but that all come to repentance. The seals opened in Revelation is opened post-rapture. So for the believer in Christ, we have the blessed hope-the rapture. Be Blessed

--------------------

Posts: 14 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

MISS ALISHA... At the beginning of your post you made the statement= These "things" are AFTER the Church is taken out of this world.

Standing worthy and escaping to me anyway, means that you will be, if alive, protected and not a hair on your head will be harmed. Am I mistaken?

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post!

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Alisha
Community Member
Member # 7438

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Miss Alisha         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the last days....."Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man." Lk. 21:36
These "things" are those events that will take place after the Church is taken out of this world, and also of the judgment that is sure to take place at the end of this age. At the end of this life that we now live, there will come a time (after all prophecies of the Word of God has been fulfilled) when we will stand before one of two Judges.
"For we walk by Faith, not by sight: We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him. For we must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad." 2Cor. 5:7-10
Now, understand that this is not a judgment of sin against the child of God, but instead it is a judgment that has to do with the type of life we lived as Christians. Those that have accepted Jesus as Savior has had their sins washed and forgiven by His Blood that He has shed on the Cross, and will not be judged because of sin. This judgment concerns the works that we have done or not done for the Body of Christ, therefore this is not a judgment unto condemnation.
"And I saw a Great White Throne, and Him Who sat on it, from Who’s face the Earth and the Heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the Books were opened: and another Book was opened, which is the Book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the Books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell gave up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and Hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the Lake of Fire." Rev. 20:11-15
This is what the Church refers to as the Great White Throne Judgment of God, and is specifically for those that were not washed in the Blood of the Lamb. Jesus said, "Whosoever lives ands believes in Me shall never die (to be eternally doomed)." John 11:26a Therefore the "dead" spoken of in this Scripture refers to those that have died in their sins.
So, are you counted worthy to escape this Judgment and know that you will stand before a Righteous Savior instead of a Throne of Judgment unto condemnation?
The word "worthy" is translated from the Greek word "kataxoo (kat-ax-o-o) and means; to be deemed entirely deserving. What makes us worthy? I'm glad you asked.
Do you believe in God and Jesus? Well that's not enough (sorry about that, especially if you think that this will get you a place in Heaven) If this could validify your worthiness, then Satan and his demons would also be worthy. (Read Ja. 2:19, 20)
1John 5:12 says that "He who has the Son has Life; and he who has not the Son of God has not life." Satan does not have the Son and further more Jesus said of him, "For the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me." Of John 14:30 Swaggarts commentary says:(Satan had no hold over Jesus, no claim on Jesus, no sin in Jesus, nothing of evil about Jesus; He was totally Holy, completely, absolutely, and irrevocably above sin and Satan.") So just knowing will not ensure your worthiness to a Holy and Righteous God.
The best way to know if you're worthy is to; “Examine yourselves, whether ye are in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" 2Cor 13:5
The word “examine” here means “to test, to try.” In other words, we should try ourselves to see whether Christ really lives in our hearts and life. It is not enough just to say, “I believe”; we must test ourselves continually. The Apostle Paul mentioned to Titus that there are counterfeits to the faith: “They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate” (Titus 1:16). The original meaning of the word reprobate is “not to stand the test, to be disqualified, morally corrupt, and unfit for any good deed.” These people professed that they knew God, but their lives did not reflect that belief. Their works did not agree with their words. Because of the rejection of the preaching of God’s Word (Christ and Him Crucified), a great emphasis has been placed on tolerance and the permissiveness of sin in the religious world. Also, because of the humanistic influence on the Church and society (teaching that man is basically good, and all that society needs is education and freedom from the Judeo-Christian restraints that have hindered man’s progress), there has been a total rejection of “coming judgment type teaching in the Church. A preacher who preaches Righteousness, Sinfulness, or Judgment will not last long in the modern pulpit. Today is considered negative thinking to talk about sin and “judgment to come.” Why is it negative to teach, preach or demand the same things that Jesus Himself taught?
“He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for My sake shall find it.” Matt 10:39
Jesus wasn’t talking about a “works salvation,” He was talking about the fact that those who desired to follow Him must obey Him. Why? I’m glad you asked. Because it’s for our own good. It is by submitting ourselves to Him and His way that we are able to be counted “worthy.” If we were left to ourselves, we would not make it.
Be Blessed,

In the Master's Service

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement