Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Home schooling

Author Topic: Home schooling
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THERE IS A SAYING THAT ONE TIME IN UNITED STATES HISTORY THAT THE HOME, THE SCHOOL AND THE CHURCH ALL TAUGHT THE SAME VALUES, BUT THAT IS NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE.

CHILDREN NOWADAYS ARE NOT TAUGHT ABOUT THINKING TRU A SITUATION, BUT THEY ARE TAUGHT THAT IT IS OKAY FOR JOE TO MARRY STEVE AND LUCY SHOULD BE WITH HER FRIEND INSTEAD OF A TRADTIONAL HETROSEXUAL UNION.

I HAVE TUTORED MANY CHILDREN IN THE MILITARY WHILE THEY WERE HOME SCHOOLED IN SUBJECTS LIKE FRENCH,SPANISH, SCIENCE, HEALTH, AND ART. IN KOREA FOR INSTANCE IF A FAMILY DOES NOT HAVE COMMAND SPONSORSHIP THEY CAN NOT HAVE THEIR CHILDREN ATTEND THE ON POST SCHOOLS, THEREFORE THE ONLY ALTERNATIVES ARE HOMESCHOOLING OR GOING TO KOREN SCHOOLS. AND THIS IS THE SAME IN EUROPE. LORD WILLING I AM GOING TO HOME SCHOOL MY GRANDCHILDREN AND HAVE THEIR SOCIAL SKILLS CONTROLLED. i.E. YMCA SWIM MEETS/ BOWLING/ AWANAS OR THINGS LIKE THAT AND IN CHURCH SCHOOL ON SUNDAYS.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 17 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys

Just a quick one really. Being the quick witted chap that I am, I've noticed that quite a few people on the board home school their kids (probably something to do with the username helpforhomeschoolers). I don't think that home schooling is a big thing in the UK and I was wondering what the reasons were why you've decided to do it?

I would have thought they would have to be pretty serious reasons, as it must be a large undertaking.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement