Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » pride

Author Topic: pride
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is gorgeous here too. But we are having high winds.. that is normal here tough, but it is in the 70's and blue skys so beautiful.

When I think of Paul saying how he was chief of sinners; I think oh, that is because I wasnt born yet. An abusive childhood made me fiercely independant and prideful. For thirty years I had faith in Christ for eternal life only and faith in me for everything else. You know that old Helen Reddy song... " I am woman hear me roar?" That was me, only worse, much much worse! God made me to be like Job, and it took a long long time. But God will deal with our pride one way or the other. He loves us too much not to. For that I am so thankful!!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad you enjoyed the post.

I have to fight my flesh wanting to have it's own way, so I taped this pride writing on the refrig. door. Now I can maybe let it sink in my thick head. Pride always tries to slip in when I least expect it to do so. Anger also.

God Bless and have a great day.

It is 74 degrees in Missouri today........I am loving the weather. [clap2]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy is that the truth! Thanks for posting this Joyce it is very good! [hug]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I copied this from another site because it is so good for us to read and remember.

My name is "Pride." I am a cheater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Pride. I am a cheater
I cheat you of your God-given destiny... because
you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment... because you
"deserve better than this."
I cheat you of knowledge...because you already
know it all
I cheat you of healing...because you're too full of
me to forgive.
I cheat you of Holiness...because you refuse to
admit when you are wrong.
I cheat you of vision...beccause you'd rather look
in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of enuine friendship...because
nobody's going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love...because real romance
demands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven... because you
refuse to wash another's feet on earth.
I cheat you of God's glory...because I convince
you to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I'm always looking
out for you. Untrue.
I'm going to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry ....
If you stick wth me
You'll never know.

Father, Your words says You will break down stubborn pride and make the sky above the proud like iron and the ground beneath them like bronze. Lord, Your Word is drawing a vivid picgture of the arrogant life. Prayers lifted to heaven will seem to hit a ceiling of iron and life beneath the feet will be hard. Help us to be humble before you, Lord. The life of the proud will evenutally and undoubtedly become very hard.

What blessed relief comes when we finally fall on our knees and humble ourselves before God. We suddenly realize what a heavy weight pride has been. It is exhausting to insist on thinking so highly of oneself with such mounting evidence to the contrary.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement