Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » First Post Here

Author Topic: First Post Here
apprentice
Advanced Member
Member # 4944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apprentice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all. This post is my first one on this board, although I have spent quite a bit of time reading other posts and trying to get to "know" some of you. Even though I have been a Christian my whole life, I have in the last two years started getting to know God much better. Unfortunately, the new closeness was inspired by some health scares (they have not yet materialized into serious problems, thank God), but I guess any reason is a good one. The journey so far has been wonderful, and it is more exciting every day.

My travels have been GREATLY assisted by the online presence of Gateway Church in Dallas, Texas. A friend suggested that I read From Dream To Destiny by Robert Morris, which is a wonderful book. It prompted me to search for more information about Morris, which landed me at the Gateway site. They have five years worth of sermons on the site. I have just completed 2001 sermons, which are here: Gateway Sermons.

Like everyone else, I have my share of personal issues for which I would like counsel. For starters, I'm an intellectual property attorney, but I don't find anything spiritually rewarding about my work. Plus, it's boring. Maybe I am supposed to be doing something else.

Being very technically inclined, I'm a strong believer that the Internet will play and will continue to play a stong role in bring people to Christ. My passion is audio, such as online sermons.

I look forward to participating here. Hopefully my quest for knowledge and my willingness to debate will not be offensive anyone!

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement