Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » GramaJo

Author Topic: GramaJo
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

Thank you very much for the news reports on all of the fires. I really appreciate it! Some of the updates I'd not heard until just now reading the ones you just posted. Yes we need to keep praying for God in His mercy to bring heavy rain to each state you mentioned which includes our state! Rain is desperately needed! God bless you!

Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New blaze flares as firefighters gain on others

10:04 PM PDT on Friday, August 5, 2005

From KING 5 Staff and Wire Reports

Video
KING 5 Friday night report

More ...

Custom Video ...
Related Content
Complete wildfire coverage
LEAVENWORTH, Wash. - Fire bosses hoped light winds would allow firefighters to rein in several fires burning in the Cascade Range on Friday.

The largest blaze, the 965-acre Dirty Face fire above Lake Wenatchee, remained 35 percent contained, but the weather was favorable, said Roland Emetaz, spokesman for the Central Washington Area Incident Management Team.

Although temperatures were climbing into the 90s, relative humidity was low and winds were light, helping nearly 700 firefighters to make progress, Emetaz said.

"The weather is on our side," he said, adding full containment is expected by next Wednesday if favorable conditions continue. The fire is about 10 miles northeast of Stevens Pass and 18 miles northwest of Leavenworth.

Fire engines brought from Western Washington fire departments to protect about 140 homes threatened by the fire were being sent home Friday, Emetaz said. Wildland fire engines remained to provide protection to residences, which were subject to evacuation orders earlier in the week, he said.

KING / Courtesy James Kennedy

A fire burning eight miles east of Cle Elum, Washington, forced the evacuation of homes. Smoke from the fire blowing across Interstate 90 at mile marker 93 forced state patrol to close the interstate in both directions.
Meanwhile a fire that started on private property Thursday about 6 miles north of Cle Elum continued to burn out of control after scorching more than 400 acres of logging debris, brush, timber and grass, spokesman Dale Warriner said.

Officials closed the 29 Pines campground in the Teanaway area.

It was not immediately known how many people were staying at the campground. There were no reported injuries, Warriner said.

The cause was under investigation. The fire was being fought by about 100 firefighters and 200 more were on the way, Warriner said.

In the North Cascades National Park, the Shady fire remained at a little more than 100 acres. It was about 85 percent contained, the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho reported.

Lauren Pflugrath

A helicopter drops water on the Dirty Face fire near Lake Wenatchee.
More than 85 firefighters were assigned to the fire, about 12 miles northwest of Stehekin. The fire was believed to have been caused by a person. No injuries were reported.

Meanwhile in Montana

A series of fires continued burning out of control late Friday along Interstate 90, part of which remained closed along a 90-mile stretch because of dense smoke and firefighting activity.

The eastbound lanes of the main highway through western Montana were reopened Friday night.
----------------------

May God in His mercy bring rain for Washington Idaho, Califonia, and Montana.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

Thank you lots for your help and I appreciate it very much! My pm mailbox is entirely empty now.

God bless you,
Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
click on my profile and then delete some of you messages.
thanks,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Hi Betty,

It's me again with a question. How do I get to my mailbox? I'd really appreciate lots your help in guiding me. Thank you very much and God bless you!

Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Hi Betty,

Thank you very much for letting me know that my mailbox is full. I will take care of that right away. I didn't realize there was a lot of pm's in it. I shall return here shortly. God bless you!

Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

you need to clean out you mail box. it is filled.
thank you,
betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement