Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » what would you think about this?

Author Topic: what would you think about this?
Iveck
Member # 3800

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Iveck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings renie 7777

Please forgive me for putting my two cents in but.
I have to agree with femnerd. Although I am a new member I can tell you that in my early years in the church, I too was hurt, and it was seeing some of the things that Christians did; that just plain turn me off to being at church.

It took me 27 years to recommit my life to Jesus and really give my life to him, I was stupid for waiting so long, and lucky that He waited for me. It was when I did that, and began to be in prayer and the word of God, that I learned an important truth. And that truth was this: Keep your eyes on the Lord and stay in his word.

While I believe that most Christians mean well, they are not perfect, the Bible tells us that we all fall short of the glory of God. Remember we all have the sin nature and can stumble from time to time, that's why our personal relationship with out Lord Jesus is so important.

When all else fails turn to Him in prayer and read God's Word. Pray for those that hurt you, forgive them and put it on God's Shoulders. God will know your heart and your soul, and He will bless you when you are closer to him.

We cannot control the actions of other people, but we can control our own. Jesus will take you from where you are now to where you need to be. Remember you are accepted by Jesus, and he will lead the way!

God Bless and lead your life. [Smile]

--------------------
Look Always to Jesus First!

Posts: 3 | From: Sallisaw, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
femnerd
Community Member
Member # 3812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for femnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People are just people. Your circumstance is not unusual in a church. This is not an excuse since christians should treat each other better than that.
However I see two things happening here.

The issue of the little girl you were asked to watch was not handled well. If it was known that the little girls mother wanted no one but the pastors wife to watch her then you should not have been assigned to her. You may never know why the pastors wife asked you to watch the little girl when she knew her mother would not like it. I can't even speculate on it. But it was wrong. The best thing for you to do is to make sure you are not put in that position again. In other words allow the pastors wife to take care of the situation by watching the little girl. You can help in some other way. Plus find a way to forgive her for putting you in a job you should not have had. Fortunately you need not understand everything in order to forgive.

You are being treated differently by people. This is where you get a bit vague. Maybe some of what you think you see is not there. Some of it could be. However what you do know is that the two people who took you under their wings have changed towards you. You have every right to approach them and as why. Adults don't always act adult. They may hem and haw and not give you an answer you can understand. They may tell you something that surprises you. Work it out if you can. Forgive them...even if it takes awhile for you to get there. If they have gone to others and talked aabout you then there is nothing you can do about it but pray for all involved.Talk to the Lord. He will heal your wounded feelings.

People in church are not perfect. My biggest disappointments have been at the hands of christians. All these things have taught me much more than I can ever epress. No matter what happens, Jesus is still Lord.

Should you wind up at another church you will have new lessons to take with you. Life can sometimes be hard and being a christian harder. Praise Jesus for this life! It rewards may not be in money, fame, or friends but rich anyway.

Femnerd

--------------------
Spock: After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical; but it is often true."

Posts: 14 | From: KC MO | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renie7777
Community Member
Member # 3793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renie7777   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of that as well. I told my mom who does not go to church,I thought of s abuse. Because they act kind of strange about it, I mean when kids go to school they are gonna be with teachers. I thought maybe that might have something to do with why a couple people want me gone, these couple people have done things to make me feel like I am unwanted and I felt the pastor is going along with it cause they are friends of his.

--------------------
2 corinthians 5:21 for he hath made him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Renie7777,

Because most of the information in your post is somewhat vague, it's a little difficult to know how to respond. I don't know what it was that you told the pastor's wife, why you think that she betrayed your confidence, or why you feel that that information would cause others in the church to shun you. It doesn't really matter what you told her about yourself, we're not supposed to judge others. Why she felt obligated to pass it on, if that's what happened, I can't say, since this is unbecoming of a pastor's wife. Also, it would be inappropriate for others to give you the cold shoulder. Christians are supposed to be supportive of one another. Only if you had done something truly heinous and were unrepentant should they respond to you with anything but love. And if that were the case, surely they would have asked you to leave.

As for the issue of the girl and the mother, all I can say is that it sounds like something's not right there. Although it isn't conclusive, the young girl's behavior is one indication of child abuse, though there are many others, and this behavior could indicate other problems as well. The fact that the woman didn't want anyone except the pastor's wife watching the girl is an even stronger indication. It sounds like people are trying to cover something up. Maybe the close interest you took to the girl, and her obvious positive response made somebody nervous.

Like I said above, it's hard to know for sure what to say based on the scant details, and though I am speculating from past experience, it is still just speculation.

Keep us posted.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renie7777
Community Member
Member # 3793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renie7777   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several months ago, a lady began taking me to her church. Over the course of time, the pastor and his wife became real close to me. I shared lots with them. They treated me like they loved me, almost like I was a kid of theirs. they are 65 and I am 44. anyway, God brought them into my life when I needed this for various reasons. then recently they wanted me to help her with sunday school with the kids. I helped with whatever she needed. I had a great time, this went on for a few weeks, then she asked me to sit with this one girl, she is hyper, the little girl I mean, so all was well, I even taught her to write and read. I shared some stuff with the pastors wife and asked her not to tell anyone, she said she would not, but the next week this lady no longer wanted me to sit with her girl. All I shared with her was about my job stuff and how it was how to get a job now and related stuff. I could tell she had shared stuff and probably added stuff with this lady. the lady came in angrily and yelled at her older girl telling her she was in charge of the younger girl. I could tell it was because she dd not want me to sit with her. as it turned out this lady had made trouble for some other teacher awhile back and had told the pastors wife she wanted noone with her except the pastors wife. The pastor has been there for 9 years. anyway if she knew this why did she go ahead and put anyone but herself with the girl? Then as time went on, I began to see changes in her and her husband, they gradually began to get real distant from me, almost felt like I was a leper or something, last week I didnt even go because I felt so bad about it. then he called me and wanted me to come int for the class this thursday. I asked him if he had found anyone to help with something he said he would help with, so they helped me instead of the confirmation class of one, me. anyways I gave them all things for helping me, since I have no money right now. but ever since this lady has shown she doesnt want me there, different people are treating me badly now. people I thought were my friends. I am wondering why. I have helped them each time they asked me, obeyed him, etc, yet I feel some want me gone. I am ready to go. Any ideas why this has happened or what to do about it? I cant figure it out at all.

--------------------
2 corinthians 5:21 for he hath made him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement