Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The Silent War (please read)

Author Topic: The Silent War (please read)
Ordinary_Unimportant
Member # 3718

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Ordinary_Unimportant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, ScriptureAndPrayers. And thank you so much for caring. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who does. Please feel free to check out the website at Abortion Quotes which has more quotes and information on it. Sometimes the information is beneficial in changing hearts and minds- I have used some of the quotes in letters to the editor or school projects.

--------------------
"People are immoral, irrational, and self-centered. Love them anyway."
--From an enscription found on one of Mother Theresa's orphanages

Posts: 4 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ordinary_Unimportant,

That was an excellent and heartbreaking post. I'm going to pass it on to as many people as I can. While it didn't say anything I didn't already know, I think it really brought the issue home.

Thank you for posting this timely and vital information.

[crying]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ordinary_Unimportant
Member # 3718

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ordinary_Unimportant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This message is about a topic so controversial many churches will not address it- abortion. There are 4,400 abortions a day in the US. Most people do not know much about the reality of abortion. These interviews with abortion providers are to show a little of that reality. If you have had an abortion, Jesus will forgive and heal you. Some of the information below is graphic- but PLEASE do not censor- it has to be known.
-------------------------------------------------
"It [the unborn] is a form of life...This has to be killing...The question then becomes "is this kind of killing justifiable? In my own mind, it is justifiable..."
--abortionist quoted in "Democrat and Chronicle" 7/5/92
In the book "Abortion: Debating the Issue" (New York:Enslow Publishing, Inc., 1995) Nancy Day quotes abortionist Dr. Ed Jones, who had worked at a Planned Parenthood Clinic for 4 years at the time of the interview, saying the following:

"This can burn you out very, very quickly...not so much by the physical labor as the emotional part of what's going on. When you do an ultraound, particularly if you have children, and you see a fetus there, kicking, moving, living, doing things that your own child does, bringing it's thumb to its mouth, and things like that- it's difficult. Then, after the procedure, sometimes we have to actually look at the specimen, and you see arms and legs and things like that torn off...It does take an emotional toll."
“Berkeley Medical Journal” Spring 1995 Edition “The Abortionist” by LeoWang

"Abortion is killing the fetus....Human life, in and of itself, is not sacred. Human life, per se, is not inviolate."
--abortionist Dr. Smith
"After an abortion, the doctor must inspect these remains to make sure that all the fetal parts and placenta have been removed. Any tissue left inside the uterus can start an infection. Dr. Bours squeezed the contents of the sock into a shallow dish and poked around with his finger. "You can see a teeny tiny hand' he said.

--abortion clinic worker quoted in "Is the Fetus Human?" and in Dudley Clendinen, "The Abortion Conflict: What it Does to One Doctor" New York Times Magazine Aug 11 1985 p 26
"I wanted to be the world's best abortionist, for the good of my patients. If I was going to do this, I was going to do it right. So, after I met each patient, reviewed the medical information gathered by my nurse, examined the patient and performed the abortion, I would then carefully sift through the remains to be sure all the parts were accounted for. I had to find four extremities (two arms and two legs) a spine, a skull, and the placenta, or my patient would suffer later from an incomplete abortion...My attention was so focused on my perceived patient that I managed to deny that there were, in fact, two patients involved- the expectant mother and a very small child...I had to wonder, how can having a child be so wrong for some people that they will pay me to end its life?"
--former abortionist Dr. McMillan "How One Doctor Changed Her Mind About Abortion" Focus on the Family, Colorado Springs
"I have been there, and I have seen these totally formed babies..."
--Debra Harry

"We all wish it were formless, but its not...and its painful. There is a lot of emotional pain."
--abortion clinic worker

Quoted in "The Ex Abortionists: They Have Confronted Reality" Washington Post April 1, 1988 p a 21
From "Abortion at Work: Ideology and Practice in a Feminist Clinic" by Wendy Simonds. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 1996 The pro-choice author included a chapter on how to repel abortion protestors or "antis" but also another chapter on how clinic workers responded emotionally to handling aborted 'tissue.':

"You're going from dealing with people to dealing with what most people here at the Center consider a real hurdle, to do sterile room, because you have to deal with the actual abortion tissue. And for some people, that's really hard. They can be abstractly in favor of abortion rights, but they sure don't want to see what an eighteen-week abortion looks like."

It's just- I mean it looks like a baby. It looks like a baby. And especially if you get one that comes out, that's not piecemeal. And you know, I saw this one, and it had its fingers in its mouth...it makes me really sad that that had to happen, you know, but it doesn't change my mind..."

"It's going to be weird now because you're going to see the sono. You're going to see the heart beating- little hearts, you know- and then, all of a sudden, you're going to put his cardiac medicine in it to make it stop- to kill it. So you're going to see the exact moment when you kill the fetus. I won't kill it, the doctor will kill it...and, I mean, it might be more humane...[if] the fetuses do feel something, why not kill it, you know, fast, [rather] than rip its leg off?"

"At nine weeks...you start seeing fetal parts. And by the second trimester it's, you know, it's a baby..."

"...when you're, you know, putting a fetus's feet in over its head in a baggie, there's just this brief moment of "This could have been me," which I fundamentally believe is okay. She should have the right to choose..."

"...it looks like a baby, That's what it looks like to me. You've never seen anything else that looks like that. The only other thing you've ever seen is a baby...You can see a face and hands, and ears and eyes and, you know...feet and toes...It bothered me real bad the first time..."

"I hate it when people put it together to look like a baby. I hate that...I don't want to look like it when its like that because it's like a broken doll, and that grosses me out."

From the author: "Many health workers told me they 'never look at the face' when processing tissue."
"I do think abortion is murder -- of a very special and necessary sort. What else would one call the deliberate stilling of a life? And no physician involved with the procedure ever kids himself about that ... legalistic distinctions among "homicide," "justified homicide," "self- defense," and "murder" appear to me a semantic game. What difference does it make what we call it? Those who do it and those who witness its doing know that abortion is the stilling of a life."
--Pro-choice author Magda Denes,PhD, after spending two years observing abortions and interviewing abortionists for her book "In Neccesity and Sorrow: Life and Death Inside an Abortion Hospital" New York:Basic Books 1979
-----------------------------------------------
More information can be found at Abortion Quotes

--------------------
"People are immoral, irrational, and self-centered. Love them anyway."
--From an enscription found on one of Mother Theresa's orphanages

Posts: 4 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement