Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » This was disturbing!

Author Topic: This was disturbing!
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a rather disturbing dream myself, several times actually. This is it:
I am a soldier (which is what I really want to be) in war or a warlike situation. I am a section commander (US equivalant=squad leader) and my section contacts and engages a small enemy force while on patrol through bush or jungle terrain. The enemy is driven off and my section pursues. We come to a track going across our path, and when I try to lead my men across it, it is mined and I get my right leg blown off. Then the dream ends.

Any thoughts? Is this just a recurring dream or could it be a vision of some sort?

PLEASE answer MyLampHasOil's question too, I don't want to steal the attention away from him or her.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sisimi
Member # 1543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sisimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know we could get insight or even information through dreams but they are not totally reliable,i've learnt that if the Lord passes an information to you in your dreams he wouldn't leave you confused about the interpertation.So why don't you ask him if there's something he wants you to know or do. But then again it could just be your thoughts or mind delving into reminisance or your thought process but then that narration was truely something. [Smile]

--------------------
-grace to you-

Posts: 5 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt
Advanced Member
Member # 853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is a rather odd dream.......yet somehow intriguing..... [cool_shades]
Posts: 23 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes when we are in stressful times, we secretly long for a small part of our childhood. That little piece of security under mom and dad's wing.

Could you have been in a particular stressful situation, that you wanted to get away from it for awhile? In this dream you found a childhood, dead[ in the past] but for a brief time you were able to resurrect it. Then you were able to bury it again, and go on with your life.

Just a thought.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyLampHasOil
Advanced Member
Member # 1474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyLampHasOil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream last night that is still bothering me some. It was truly weird!

As dreams go it didnt make much sense and I can't tell some detail because it isnt clear to me.

I was digging somewhere. Don't even know why.
Someone was with me helping me dig.
I came acrosssome wood so dug around it.There was an opening under this wood that was exposed so far. I crawled down in the hole and looked under the wood. It turns out it was a desk for a child. There was a child curled up underneith it.
She was dead but was talking to me. She was so sweet. She said she knew she was dead and was afraid. I told her she would be OK and pointed out that her loved ones had buried family pictures and things that were hers. They were arrainged nicely on the desk. She came out and we took her for a walk until she said she was tired. We took her back and got her settled in and she smiled and went to sleep. We covered the hole again to try to restore it.

Then I woke up.
I've never had a dream like this!
What do you think of this?

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement