Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams
Daughter-of-The-King
Advanced Member
Member # 663

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Daughter-of-The-King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Grandma,
It’s good to hear that Dad doesn’t hold us responsible for our dreams. I’ve always heard that your mind is the biggest battleground where you will fight the enemy. Even though they don’t know what you think, they can plant ideas in your head, which would lead to your dreams.
It is good to hear that we are not responsible because, I’m pained to say, I’ve had dreams that I was making out with another girl. I’ve had more than one, too. I never wanted to say any thing because I was afraid that some one would think that I’m gay. I’m not, and I know it.
I hope your sleep is peaceful in the nights to follow.
“I will both lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O Jehovah, make me dwell in safety.” Psalms 4:8 [thumbsup]
In Him,
me

Posts: 29 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Kindgo for you answer. I have been wondering why I dreamed that. Years ago when I worked two years in surgery. People I worked with had gutter mouths. At this time, was the only time in my whole life, I ever used God's name in vain. I hurt myself and the word popped out of my mouth. I prayed that God would provide a way for me to quit my job and He did. I realized that being around all the cussing and profanity was invading my mind. But that was 10 years ago. My husband and I change the channel when they use God's name on TV. I even wrote CBS and complaines about them allowing it on TV now. I have taken books back to the library unread when I find it in the book. Maybe because it hurts me so much to hear or read God's name in vain, that the devil knows he can scare me by invading my dreams with such awfulness.
But you made me feel much better, thank you. I really was afraid that I had some how commited a sin by just having the dream. I am going to pray that God won't let me have that dream again. Thanks again for your kind words.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Grandma..I am a FloridaGrandma.. [Kiss]

quote:
Does God hold us responsible for our dreams?
No.

Its upsetting to hear people use God's name in vain, wonder why you would dream that?

Well, He has broad shoulders and He can take it.

He is strong, where we are weak. [thumbsup]

[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does God hold us responsible for our dreams? I had a dream last night and in the dream someone (not me) used God's name in vain. I was so upset that I woke up imediatley but then I had a hard time going back to sleep. I felt so quilty for having this dream. DId I commit a sin by having this dream?

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement