Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » card shower

Author Topic: card shower
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary; I found your dilemma very interesting in that I recently brought my mother here from another state, she is 87, extremely active, and independent.
[she is the worlds oldest woman hangglider and also the oldest woman to actually drive a true racing car on a professional race track]

Now I have been surrounded by very old women in my family, and my wife's family.

Her grandmother at the age of 92 was quite agitated because she lived so long and could do nothing 'constructive' My admonishment to her was to be a prayer warrior for the Lord. She was a strong Christian and this really touched her. She got in touch with the Church and received names and needs,and now she had something 'constructive' to do, until she died at 95. Now Sal's stepmother being 81 has been involved in Mission work, but this past year, went totally blind. She groused for a short while and then came to the decision to be a missionary to the blind.

Mary, no matter how feeble, old or whatever, there can be something 'constructive for your grandmother to do. ask her!

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mary, it is nice to have you here with us.

I am not sure what it is you are asking for?

If you are asking for us all to send a card to your dear mother in law, well I would be glad to.

I think you should be careful about giving out your address on the web tho...

You may send me an e mail with your address and I will send some cards to your MIL.

Glad you have joined us.. [Kiss]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mary
Member # 642

Icon 20 posted      Profile for mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to this web site. I have my mother-in-law living with us in the country. She did live in town. She is very only out here and misses town and people. She is 96 years old. God must have a reason for letting her live for so long, other than she is one wonderfull lady. I was wondering if i could ask for a card shower for her? or if that is not allowed on here?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 3 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
LET GO AND LET GOD

Posts: 3 | From: IOWA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement