Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » studying RE

Author Topic: studying RE
chasing_rainbows
Advanced Member
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chasing_rainbows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi!

im studying religious education at a level this year. i dont if anyone knows what Alevels are or ahev ever done them. but theyre big important exams in the united kingdom. right now, we're studying Luke, and the Early Church. for Luke, we're studying the authorship of Luke, the importance of Luke as an historian and the structure and characteristics of his Gospel. and also the Synoptic problem (which i understand).

for the early church, we're studying the Emperors that persecuted, ie- Nero, Trajan, Marcus Aurelius etc. and the origin of the church, martyrs, the spread of Christianity after Jesus died. and so on.

i was just wondering, does anyone know any good book resources. internet sites i can get info from? or even bits of info for resources i can pass onto my teacher? we're looking at works from Barclay, Conzelmann, Marshall, Chadwick and other writers like that.

anything at all wud be very much appreciated! thanks! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
LIFTmeUPleadMEonLETmeDROPflyMEhome

*~*There's always light on the other side*~*

Posts: 37 | From: Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement