Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » a book i'm reading

Author Topic: a book i'm reading
David Rehak
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone!

My name's Dave and I'm new here [Smile] . Anyway, its great to see you guys talking about Christian authors. You guys know Peretti, but have any of you read Francine Rivers? She's a really talented Christian novelist. Her stories are sensual but godly. Really cool love stories.

Anyway, I'm an up-and-coming young new Christian author myself with my first book out; its a novel based on fact. I really hope you guys will check it out, JUST CLICK ON MY PROFILE AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE and it will take you to my webpage. The book is called "A Young Girl's Crimes" and so far the feedback for the most part has been VERY enthusiastic. It appeals to both men and women, but women especially seem to really love it. I think I may have struck some cord deep in the female psyche. Anyway, its the story of a girl in deep sin who then seeks redemption through Christ. But can she escape her dark past? I'm told its really riveting.

Well, its 9:17 AM here where I am and I still havent had my breakfast, so I'm off to feed this pesky stomach [Big Grin] . Lord be with you all.

layman bro. Dave

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I have started reading that this week. it is great and it makes me look at things going on around in a different way. I am not saying I am getting delusions that theere are angels around me ha ha because there are around us fighting battles we don't even realise are going on! I guess we don't fight battles alone.

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
58 JOY 85
Community Member
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 58 JOY 85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, thank you for the replies. sounds like there are a ton of books for me to read!

in God i trust [thumbsup] rebecca

--------------------
[Smile] thats what i think

Posts: 20 | From: alabama | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladybug
Community Member
Member # 460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladybug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebecca,
I've read a lot of Frank Peretti's books and I've really enjoyed them. They are thrilling and you get very involved in them. I would definitely recommend "The Oath", another one that has to do with spiritual warfare--it's not so much warfare, but it's really neat. The only caution I have about it is that it's kind of creepy--I didn't like reading it right before bed--but it's a really awesome book.
I also enjoyed "The Hangman's Curse", even though it's not quite as good as his other ones.
He might be coming out with a new one before the end of the year [thumbsup]

--------------------
Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world!! Greater love the world will never know.

Posts: 11 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sister Rebecca;

I have several books by Frank Peretti, on my shelves. "This Present Darkness", is excellent, and the followup book, "Piercing the Darkness", overlaps in its main charactors.

Although they are fiction there are certain spiritual truths which I garnered, and as the saints of the Living God fell to their knees, with the power of fervent prayer cover unleashed in the spiritual realm, my heart was filled with the blessed assurance of the awesome glory of our Mighty God.

Frank Peretti's, "Prophet", is also a quality read, and deals with a botched abortion coverup, and the spiritual darkness surrounding high political officials and a network news station.

Ephesians 6:
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

May God so bless His precious children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebecca,
My wife, and several friends, recommended This Present Darkness to me, but I never got abound to it. I think there is a copy in our house. Your post will probably send me in search of it.
Some of the same friends, my pastor among them, recommended The Final Quest, by Rick Joyner.
I've read Final Quest, and really enjoyed it, you might give it a look later on.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Joy,

Read those books as a family some years ago. Intriguing, but need to remember it is fictionalized idea of the spiritual warfare that happens between the good angels and bad angels and not try to take it too far into real life as far as being too impressed with their power as opposed to God's power- greater is He that is in us. Also, we should not underestimate the fact that our battle is against spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places and put on the spiritual armor to prevent getting throttled and leading a non-productive, joyless Christian life. It has been quite a while, but I do remember the books were quite exciting.

Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
58 JOY 85
Community Member
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 58 JOY 85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am currently enthralled in This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti. i was just wondering if any body else has read or heard of it, and what you think if you have.i haven't put it down for two days, i can't wait to see what happens.btw, it is about spiritual warfare, angels and demons battling to hold a town together.
thanx [Kiss] rebecca

--------------------
[Smile] thats what i think

Posts: 20 | From: alabama | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement