Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Advice

Author Topic: Advice
Amber
Advanced Member
Member # 41

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Amber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray I have to agree with S. but as my husband says, be the Light to them, so that they can see your different. You are planting a seed of faith in their hearts, and some day they might try to find out why you are the way you are. Thats your chance to give them Jesus!! I will pray for you.

--------------------
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Posts: 71 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray,

Glad you are getting away from the vulgar language. If they use Christ name in vain- you may want to ask them if they know Him or tell them that He is your Lord and ask them if they would respect that and not profane His Name. I found that by the fact I never used the bad language (and people knew I was a Christian) that people did try to clean up their language a little on their own when I was around. Even once, when a vulgar joke was being told, one said I wouldn't want to hear because of my virgin ears and said it softly so I wouldn't have to hear. Set a track record. And you might even want to ask if they could do you a favor and come up with a substitute for the word they are using. This worked for my mom with a lady she worked with. The substitute was O, sugar! [thumbsup]

Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ray
Advanced Member
Member # 264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work in a production facility and one issue I have is during discussions with other employees there tends to be alot of vulgar language. I am also guilty of this but I have recently gotten away from it. Question is- how does a person respond around people who constantly use profanity during regular discussion, even business discussion. I am in qc so I get around alot. Just looking for answers!!
Ray

Posts: 22 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement