Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The Ark of the Covenant: Will it be found?

Author Topic: The Ark of the Covenant: Will it be found?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not know if the ark will be found, but I think after Christ came there was no more need for the ark, because God dwells in man.

I don't think there will be an ark in the New Jerusalem, though I have not studied this. Has anyone else studied this?

Jeremiah 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. 17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.
19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

PS: welcome Chris, I don't think you post too much your questions are interesting, and I respect your ability to acknowledge you are a babe and don't want to stumble, we should all seek to be so humble whether we eat meat or milk!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris
Community Member
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if I'm posting too much topics-I don't mean to spam. Since it's my first day I tend to post a lot [Smile] bit of a habit, really...

Anyway, the Ark of the Covenant is probably one of the biblical artifacts which can possibly be recovered. Unlike say, the cross and Noah's ark, it is less liable to decay due to the fact that it is partially composed of Gold..In fact, I've read one book(In Search Of Temple Treasures, written by an associate of Tim Lahaye) which states it might have a role to play in the End Times. With biblical archaeology making many key discoveries over the past century, and also with interest in the ark still high thanks to Indiana Jones, is it possible the Ark may be recovered?

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement