Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » God and the planets

Author Topic: God and the planets
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he just made them to give us something to wonder about, or because he likes large round rocks? Perhaps they are already used in some manner we do not yet know or understand.

Who knows I am too busy wondering about his use of this one, and of us the people who populate it.

I think one day when we stand in His glory we will just be amazaed at how infintesimal our knowledge and understanding of our world and our lives much less the universe.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris
Community Member
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another "God and the Universe" question...

I know that the stars are intended for use as a sort of 'nightlight' and occassional navigational tool(As used by the Magi) as well as signs(Take the nativity star as an example).

However, what has puzzled me, however, is God's use for the other planets in our Solar System, which to my knowledge are not mentioned in the bible.(Although some think that the number seven somehow explains the '7' other planets, especially since Pluto is an uncertainty). Not to mention the many moons of said planets.

Perhaps God intends them to have some function after the Apocalypse? Or perhaps even before then? Some, with a little modification, could be ideal for Human habitation and settlement-Mars, Ganymede(moon) Europa(moon) and Titan(moon).

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement