Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Good material

Author Topic: Good material
Amber
Advanced Member
Member # 41

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Amber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ray,
The best group material that I have found comes from a Baptist company called Lifeway. [thumbsup] I taught a class for pre-6th grade on Wed nights from their series called Team Kid, God's Way=My way. And I taught Sunday morning Sunday school from their Experiencing God for Children series. This can be done one on one or in a group. They also have Experienceing God for youth, and for adults. I have studied it myself twice.

I homeschool my kids, and if you are their parent I strongly encourage you to teach them at home anything you can. They already learn from you, whether you like it or not. [uhoh]

The things I go through with my kids at home are from a company called Christian Liberty Press. [thumbsup] They have the best Bible study for grade levels that I have ever seen. It's called Studying God's Word Book:(a-k) 'A' is for kindergarten and it goes on up from there. They learn about Jesus, God, the Bible, and how they should live in a Godly way. It is non- denominational, and that's good if you are concerned about judgement from your children about your faith or those who go to different churches.
[spiny] Hope this helps, God Bless!

--------------------
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Posts: 71 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ray
Advanced Member
Member # 264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to start spending time with my kids (9,6,5) learning about Jesus and the bible. Where can I locate good materials or what advice can you give on doing this. As a father, I feel it is my duty to teach and show my kids the christian way. I am far from being a teacher but I need to start somewhere for them and myself.

Thank you for your help!

Ray

Posts: 22 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement