Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Camp Meeting

Author Topic: Camp Meeting
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thants what im thinking, we would love to meet all of you...
Lets pray about it and work it out as the Lord allows, may take til next summer , but thats ok,,LORD"S will be done.. [Smile]
We would love sittin round a camp fire singing and Praising The Lord..amen
Private message me about details or on line - ok with me

IHS
Barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Thought I would add, I went to a prophecy conference in Tulsa, and met some on line friends
there, it was great fun! [eek]

We could meet at something like that maybe? [cool]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The meetings in Marshall Tx. are October 6Th-11th.
At the Church in Marshall, (listed in a Marshall Tx. online church directory as full gospel).
The first service will be on Sunday night( I don't have a time).
The only spaeker I know of at this time is Randy Shankle(spelling???)
Men will leave Marshall after Wednesday morning service an go to "the mountains?" until Saturday.
When I know more, I'll post.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What about an online campmeeting in a chat room? Sounds strange maybe, but could be workable.

Great Brother John, that may be just the answer. Lets pray about it and ask the other members what they think..

Post here folks what you think about an online camp meeting... [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john_powell
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi barrykind,

Campmeeting's a good idea. Just seems like it would be hard to get everyone together because of travel time, distance, plus the expense of hotels, etc.

What about an online campmeeting in a chat room? Sounds strange maybe, but could be workable.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats OK, i live about 300 miles from San Antonio.
Buts thats open, i was thinking about a couple of things...One we could move it closer to the majority, or have more than one camp meeting, its open...We are getting more responses in private mail than on the post..private message me or use my email either way..i would like to get together with Brothers and Sister and talk about Jesus..

Thanks for replying.

Mostly this board and 711 board..
We live about 3-1/2 hours from Marshall..tell us more about Marshall in October..

God Bless

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be fun,
time and distance come into play.
Are we talking about 711 message board members or a larger group?
Are you in San Antonio?
I,m planning to attend a "camp meeting" in Marshall Tx. in October 2002.
Sorry for more questions than comments!

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information Rev...

Like the idea..

Anyone wishing to talk more about this camp meeting private message me or e-mail
barrykind@gt.rr.com

thanks
Barry

--------------------

Revelation
Advanced Member
Member # 28

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Revelation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
barrykind,

Good idea. Sorry you are not getting many replies. I think it would be difficult for most due to traveling contraints. But the most important factor regarding this is that if something like this were to be coordinated, it should be done through private messages. You could post the notification of a camp meeting for all to see, like you have done, but the rest should be done through private messages. The reason I say this is because of safety issues and it's just not possible to know what kind of evil person is lurking in the background. I belong to a gardening forum and you would be surprised what kind of evil people go to a gardening forum, of all places, with the intent of sending viruses or causing havoc.

Take care,
Revelation

Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Well i see its not going over very big yet, but perhaps it will...

i think it would be great.. [Razz]

We would love to meet you guys, we feel like we know most of you already..

well let me know, pro or con to the idea..
Thanks

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Would any person, persons, or group of persons be interested in meeting some where once a year?

Like have an informal camp meeting, get together, fellowship, bible studying good time in Jesus?

i would like to see your posts on the subject.
If interested we culd work out the details..

Such as when....Perhaps 2003? open for discussion.
Such as where...Perhaps San Antonio, Tx - Open
Such as why... Cuz we love each other - the body

Post me here and lets see what God does. [spiny]

[thumbsup] Let us hear from you - IHS

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement