Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Ted Turner stupid?

Author Topic: Ted Turner stupid?
Null Vector
Community Member
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Null Vector     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just doing some searhing on the word Fool in the bible, and in Matthew 5:22 it says

quote:
but I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without cuase shall be in danger of judgment. And whoever says to his brother, "Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, "You Fool" shall be in danger of hell fire.
when I read thsi verse I instantly noticed that for the first two sins, angry with his brother and saying to his brother "reca" are specific in there words. What I am saying is, they both concern sins against a fellow christian, a brother in christ. but the last one,

"whoever says, 'You Fool'..."

isn't specific towards brothers in Christ.

This is a little off topic on ted turner, but since we were talking about fools and being foolish, I thought I would share this.

Let me know what you think of this verse.
I qouted the verse out of a New King James Version Bible.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, but an unsaved man can still believe there is a GOd...

The bible did not say he was a fool, the "fool" the bible speaks of here is one who says in his heart "there is NO God"

But your right that it certainly would be foolish to reject Messiah..for that would be the ultimate ruin.. [Frown]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Null Vector
Community Member
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Null Vector     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Ted Turner is a fool according to the bible. but then isn't anyone who rejects Christ Salvation a fool? I have an old newspaper clipping of a speach that Ted turner made a while back concerning Christians. I will have to dig it out of my Bible and post it here for you guys.

Ii could not find my article in my bible, must have fallen out somewhere. Oh well. I noticed from the few topics that I read, that noone has an image for their signature, only text
signatures. Are images not allowed or do people just prefer text here?

hehe, I just keep editing my own post =). Alright, I am changing my viewing name to Null Vector. Thought this would be wise since I am now posting on a Chritian board and most people associate Darth with dark and evil. Also I made my new signature. Hopefully you will allow me to use it. if it is a problem for you guys, let me know, I will take it off and replace it with rich text. =)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ted Turner, (unless God has done something recently), is described in the bible as a fool..

He is wise in the ways of the world..

" PS 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works; There is none that doeth good."

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.com/news/677951.asp?pne=msn

Israeli government spokesman Daniel Seaman described as “stupid” remarks by CNN founder Ted Turner to a British newspaper in which he said Israel was engaged in terrorism against the Palestinians that could be compared to the suicide bomber attacks on Israelis. “Right now, aren’t the Israelis and the Palestinians both terrorizing each other?” the vice chairman of AOL Time Warner Inc. told The Guardian in an interview published on Tuesday.

John Free would have responded to the Israeli spokeman by saying something like,

"Using stupid to attack people is very unchrist-like and unintelligent. "

Yes, by not using the accurate word "stupid" to describe Ted Turner, Mr. Seaman would have sounded so much more credible!

1Cor.3
[18] Let no one deceive himself. If any one among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement