Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » A Co-Workers Son

Author Topic: A Co-Workers Son
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Betty.

[Smile]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adding my prayer for this child.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please Pray for her son. See message below she e-mailed me for more info.

-------------------------------------------------
I have a six year old, William, who has had frequent and problematic night time bedwetting no matter what we did along with daytime necessary bathroom breaks. William had an unstoppable thirst starting yet had a busy schedule. Over the last three months as we learned on Friday at an appointment to check this out William has not been absorbing sugar. His pancreas had not been working and his body flushed it out by the constant bathroom breaks or accidents. His face wasn’t thinning because he was growing, his kidney function wasn’t “big man in a little body”, that fever virus, couple of irritated tummy issues, aches in muscles weren’t growth it was beginning dehydration. Nothing really indicated we had a problem because he was normal.

I took William to Joe on Friday and returned to work. Joe continued on to Doctor Byrum’s with William. I made the appointment when frequent thirst, bed wetting became very concerning because it was well watched, tended to, and William tensed up prior to an incident happening. How do I know this? He was well watched. One night we even got him up and neither one of us knew he wet his bed until after he was in the restroom and back to bed. Why am I detailing this? Watch your babies. Joe called me. Made me meet him at Doctor Byrums office with Christian the nine year old, and when I arrived William’s blood sugar was 444. His range should be 70-150 which we are keeping within so far. 88 is our low and 288 has been our high since Friday. I wanted to make sure William, if he had anything wrong, didn’t die from eating a birthday cake from Mickey’s. The party was cancelled and we were at Children’s Friday-Monday. It’s been intense.

Three things can cause your pancreas to stop working: a virus, genetics from your parents, auto-immune.

William had the H1N1 virus mist, which is live. Plus, a few viruses over the past three months indicated by blood work when his body started to labor as it has. I have been watched since William was born basically for auto-immune rheumatoid arthritis. I am not positive in blood work but being treated and symptomatic as if I were positive. Joe’s family only has a diabetes connection.

I have a busy schedule now than before. I am thankful for my many blessings. Insulin is the top blessing at the moment.

I don’t have the energy to have many conversations about this right now. I know many have heard. I hope this helps. Drop me a note if you have a question. Pray for my boy.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement