Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » URGRNT PRAYER NEEDED FOR JAMES

Author Topic: URGRNT PRAYER NEEDED FOR JAMES
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes, it is best to distance yourself from another. As much as you love him, you cannot fix him. Pray for him and encourage him to get help, but don't put yourself in danger. There have been those who are set on suicide who have taken others out with them.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*exbate*
Advanced Member
Member # 7707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *exbate*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and James were engaged for six months last year before he finnished with me Now he is back and said he is wanting my help as he tried to kill himself just before we finnished. i cant be there for him as i have my own thigs to deal with. It may seen harsh but i still love the guy with all my heart but i cant cope with it and i do not no what to do i have talked to god but still no answer
Posts: 25 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *exbate*:
LAST YEAR A FRIEND TRIED TO KILL HIM SELFE AND NOW HE DOESNT NO HOW HE IS PRAY THAT GOD WILL KEEP HIM CLOSE AND THAT HE WILL MEND JAMES'S HEART

My prayers are with you.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,
You say,
quote:
God is able. But we get to choose . When He extends His hand, we get to choose . What a good thing it is to make a right choice. I will hold my breath and pray. Ok?

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But there is the patience of God. Accept change . Life is in it.

Each of these bold statements that you have made appear to me to be actions that a person does, something that one is to do Is that the case? Or are they actions that Christ takes on behalf of the individual whom God is saving? Your answers to these questions may help some of us to understand your particular perspective on salvation in regard to God's grace and the believer's "works" (James word) or the believer's active responsibilities.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am reminded that ten lepers were healed. Only one returned to give Jesus praise. But the message is that Jesus was willing to pour out His heart, and to touch those who were willing. He did this to give them every opportunity to believe. That is the kind of God HE is.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was listening to "Hey Bulldog," on Youtube. Just happened upon it. I looked at your post. Then I looked at your profile: Scotland. JESUS! The song was going, "You can talk to me, you can talk to mee. If your're lonely you can talk to me." Dunt dunt dunt da dun duh dah, dah.....

May Jesus touch your friend with His loving hand. He doesn't judge. Do talk to us. Yea, I had a question whether there was a gay thing there. That is why I looked at your profile. God is able. But we get to choose. When He extends His hand, we get to choose. What a good thing it is to make a right choice. I will hold my breath and pray. Ok?

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But there is the patience of God. Accept change. Life is in it.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been touched twice by suicide, once in my own family. Happy to pray for James.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*exbate*
Advanced Member
Member # 7707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *exbate*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LAST YEAR A FRIEND TRIED TO KILL HIM SELFE AND NOW HE DOESNT NO HOW HE IS PRAY THAT GOD WILL KEEP HIM CLOSE AND THAT HE WILL MEND JAMES'S HEART
Posts: 25 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement