Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayer for country!

Author Topic: Prayer for country!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed. Obama has not done the nation a favor. He has hurt instead of help the situation by pandering to the subversive elements, and letting them embrace more credibility, because it is harder to take candy from a baby, once baby has it. But never mind riots. If Obama wins the nation could plunge into civil war, and that is if he does not sell us out to another nation and allow us to become occupied by them. Is it far fetched? A little! But it is possible.

Yes, it is that bad. Judgment is upon America. But don't be foolish and just let it happen. HE will hear us if we pray. If the spirit which is behind Obama prevails, darkness will fall. It will not be pretty, and though we know that it will come, and soon, our God is merciful. Don't let it happen today.

We are still a light to the world. Suffering Christians in prisons around the world keep hope alive in their dark and damp cells by believing that the U.S.A. will somehow visit their country and free them. At the same time, these people are praying for us and our well being. And again, at the same time, we pray, what, perhaps ten minutes every two days, and that not for them. We pray for a blessing, or something.

I used to listen to a radio preacher whom I, and others, thought was over the edge. Well, I heard him. I didn't listen because I believed in him. Anyway, he was prophesying that there would be riots, and that cities would be torn. I thought, "Not gonna happen." Now I see the possibility as a potential probability. So I do not ignore the 'kooks' with disregard anymore.

America, Jesus is here. Don't shut Him out. Let Him be glorified in this late hour, and appreciate what we have inherited in this country. Because it will only be time to be fed to the lions if we lose faith, and become apathetic. Don't be pathetic and forfeit. Praise His Name, and expect a reprieve. It may be the last one. Amen!

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know many Christians who are praying for this election. I think this election is a lose/lose situation. If Obama wins our Country is in trouble and if he loses there could be riots in our streets.
People are already turning this into a race problem. With Obama supporters saying anyone who votes against Obama is raciest and comedians inciting racial fears, only God can save America.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone praying for the presidential election? This needs to be taken seriously, more seriously than people realize, I do believe. Imagine waking up in the morning and hearing something on the news that you thought would never happen. Think about it altering your life, your plans, and the meaning of everything as you know it. It has happened before somewhere. Don't let it be here.

Pray that the blinders will be lifted from people who think they know what they are doing in choosing the wrong concept of change, because believe it or not, we can go from being free, to being sufficated in less than a month. People are looking for security. A great many of these are deceived by what sounds promising to them, but there is no security in what is promised. It is the poison apple such as Snow White ate, and security is the beauty which sells it. However there is no security in making government lord over your life. We are fortunate to make ourselves lord over our government's life. That is the model. If we do not stand fast, and pray, persecution will follow. A cold wind will blow. We will long for things to be the way they were. And before long they will be saying, "How Babylon is fallen."

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement