Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Son needs prayer

Author Topic: Son needs prayer
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mohawk

I am so happy to see God is helping you. God answered a prayer for me today. My daughter called upset that there out of food. We are going to send them some money but it will be Monday before we can mail it to them and I prayed that God would provide food to get them till then can get the money order in the mail. She just called just a minute ago and said that her father-in-law gave them some grocery money. I feel much better. I am praying that this coming week her husband will get a job.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty

I pray that the Lord, be it His will, will either see to the recovery or replacement of your son's stolen belongings. He knows how important they are--and will not leave your son coping without them.

During the past few years, I was shown to the fact that we hold onto things with an open hand--that the Lord is our great provider. I went for quite a spell with nothing--or at least very few items--as I was forced to stay on the road and travel as light as possible.

Well, since October of '02 I have been living in basically an empty apartment. I had a bed (thank God... I realized just the other week that I'd gone over a year without sleeping on an actual bed--I slept on floors, couches and in my car), and a small TV and two bookcases... and that was it. What a home to come home to, but it was mine. Well, just this past week, a neighbor announced she is moving to Nevada, and did not want the expense of U-Hauling all her furniture... and asked me if I could use any. The long and short of it: Now I have a recliner, a futon/couch, a small dinette to eat on in my kitchen, and a second TV that I will probably sell to pay some bills! In my small space, all that is an abundance. It happened out of the blue.

I'm including all this not to brag, but to encourage you that God can turn losses into victories, in the blink of an eye, with circumstances that are completely unknown and unexpected to us. Have faith that your son's loss is only temporary, and in the hands of one who sees countless possibilities that we do not. The Lord will take care of it. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psalm40
Community Member
Member # 4248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psalm40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
praying.. [Prayer]

--------------------
"Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; Neither is His ear so dull that it cannot hear." Isaiah 59:1

Posts: 10 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eduardo Grequi
thanks for sharinig your testimony. I had a Bible stolen out of my car in front of the grocery store once. It was just a couple days old, a Mother's Day gift from my husband. Never got it back but would like to think something good came of it. My son said he was surprised that they took his WoW worship CD that he got for Christmas.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Texasgrandma,

I am so sorry that things were stolen from your sons truck. I pray that this situation will be used to a positive and soul leading to Christ event.

Once upon a time when I was just beginning highschool out- I often took my bible to school. One day when I was in studyhall- I had to ask Mrs Grieshol to give me pass to the bathroom. Well when I did returned I found that my bible was stolen. For the next 6 months I hadn't seen my bible. Well in the same class at the same time and for the same reason, MY bible was sitting amongst my other books and inside of it, was a note. I had to barrow your bible and checked it out for myself because in my house we read the Koran.Believe it or not I have made Yeshua my Saviour.

A few days after school, the school bully was a running afterme. He always made fun of me and my beliefs. I took off running and he told me wait- I am a christian now. Funny as it was. He became one of my best friend and brother. Who would have known a Jew and Arab could be best of friends.

Well TexasGrandma are you grandma for all of Texas?

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that the Lord intervenes in this upsetting time for this family, [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma,

I'll be praying for your son that absolutely every single one of his items that were stolen will be fully recovered in a very timely manner.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone broke in to his truck and stoled his radio, his camera, and his work laptop. His camera was his pride and joy, he saved up along time to buy it. He used it for work and at his Church. Please pray that his stuff will be recovered.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement