Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayer Desperately Needed!!!

Author Topic: Prayer Desperately Needed!!!
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update SoftTouch - wonderful news!! Expecting to hear some day that Joshua is completely healed of his muscle spasms and migraines. [spiny]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the latest update on Joshua. Thank you all so much for your prayers!!!

Email from my pastor:

Dear friends,

Bonnie and I took Joshua to Johns Hopkins Hospital this morning for an
appointment with the surgeon who did his spinal surgery in December a year ago.
Dr. Ain gave Joshua a clean bill of health, in regard to his healing, the look
of his spine and the integrity of the installed hardware. He released Joshua to
all normal activity, sports and exercise. When we explained to him Joshua’s
problems with muscle spasms and the migraines, he suggested that we ask our GP
to recommend a neurologist. Based upon what we told him Joshua’s current
problems are out of his line of work and expertise. Dr. Ain also told us that
based upon the description of the muscle spasms and where they originate from,
it didn’t sound to him as if they are directly related to the surgery.

So, that’s where we currently stand; we’ll be calling the GP for a
recommendation, schedule an appointment with a neurologist and see what (s)he
can do to help us. In the meantime, we will continue to ask Jesus to touch and
heal our son, if it is according to His will. We will also pray that the Lord
would work through this experience to shape Joshua more and more into His
image.

Thank you, once again for your continued prayers.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that this family turns the burden of Joshua's care totally over to the Mighty Physician who has the miraculous answer to his every sympton. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Deb this is heartbreaking; I cannot imagine how scary this must be for these people. We will certainly pray!!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a request I recieved from my Pastor today:

I want to ask you if you would kindly consider praying for my son, Joshua. As you may recall, he had extensive back surgery a year ago this past December, where he had 8 vertebra fused and 2-titanium rods placed along each side of his spine. The surgery was from close to the base of his skull to about the middle of his shoulder blades (Cervical 3 - Thoracic 4). Overall, Joshua’s recovery has gone pretty well – all things considered – up until this point. In November, out of the blue, Joshua had a severe muscle spasm in his back, which caused debilitating pain, resulted in a severe migraine headache, accompanied with nausea and vomiting. At that time we rushed him to the hospital emergency room for care and were eventually sent home when they could find no reason for the problem. Joshua is 17 years old and has never had anything like this before. Since November he has had 8 of these episodes and four since this past Thursday (12-30-04). At this point, one doctor is telling us that this is a common side effect of the recovery process from this type of back surgery and it will (more than likely) pass in time. His pediatrician, though, has told us that this is uncommon in people as young as Joshua and needs to be looked into. The surgeon who did the work wants to see Josh again but will be out of town until next week, so it may be two more weeks before we can get an appointment.

Here is our dilemma and prayer need:
1. Joshua is in severe pain when he’s in the midst of one of these back spasms and migraines
2. We don’t have a clue as to what triggers them or when they will happen, but they seem to be coming closer together and lasting longer, 24-36 hrs.
3. Bonnie and I are helpless in bringing comfort or relief to our son.
4. We need to get Joshua back to the surgeon at Johns Hopkins for another examination and testing, but we no longer have health insurance.
5. We could use a miraculous intervention from the Lord.

Thank you for joining us in prayer,

Dave Black

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement