Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » The "illusive" right decision...

Author Topic: The "illusive" right decision...
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you are wise to take heed to these warnings. When I married my husband, I had warning bells go off in my head and I chose to ignore them. I had believed that because my husband went to Church with me that he was saved. But I was young and quite wrong. Don't get me wrong I love my husband but I had a long 15 hard yrs before he did get saved. If I had listen to those warning bells, I would have saved myself alot of grief.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohawk,

I agree with His Grace. Those red flags you were getting were definite warnings for you and it's really good that you paid attention to the red flags!

The Lord in His infinite wisdom and time will answer your prayers and you will be so totally thankful that you waited for Him to guide you. You will in time meet the right young lady for you she will be everything you've prayed for.

God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mohawk, usually these red flags are our inner spirit confirming that this situation isn't right for us.

Also, often the Lord wants us to prove that we can be totally submissive to Him first, and blessings will follow as a reward of our humility before Him. If this girl is meant for you, she will come back into your life again, but otherwise maybe the Lord has other plans for you. Just leave it in the Lord's hands.

I really admire you for not being possessive of something that you probably had prayed longingly for, but instead were prepared to submit to the Lord's will.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess we all face something, now and then, that seems God-sent... but goes sour, and we are forced to decide whether or not to move on from it? I am there.

I recently met someone I thought was an answer to a long-held prayer... only to have the situation turn very weird. I have been a loner most of my life, so someone coming along in life is not something I take lightly. I thanked God for this person, and now, very suddenly, I am choosing to move on from her. There were a few too many red flags happening--eventhough this person was also a sister in Christ.

I pray that I've done the right thing... or can recover if I've decided wrongly. I was not mean or demeaning to this person--but expressed my feelings honestly. I have no feelings of guilt--I've not felt any convicting spirit for this move, but this is a time I feel ingrateful for walking away from something I thought I'd been praying for. I need a little feedback--supportive or not. All words of help will be appreciated.

In Him...

[Frown]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement