Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » In need of a clue

Author Topic: In need of a clue
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohawk, praying that 2005 will bring you a fresh new beginning. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bassplayer
Member # 4211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bassplayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mohawk:
[QB] Thank you everyone... please keep it coming... I am listening (reading).

Bassplayer--you got my sparkplugs crackling on that one. Betty--you are always an inspiration.
Well...I try to be, I make it a point to try to get a smile from someone every day. Even if some times its just me who smiles. Happy New Year !

Posts: 4 | From: Gassville Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone... please keep it coming... I am listening (reading).

Bassplayer--you got my sparkplugs crackling on that one. Betty--you are always an inspiration.
[type]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bassplayer
Member # 4211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bassplayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray for you to , and All who are in stagnation. I too was cast into hard times, lost my home , bankrupsy, SBA denided my loan, divorced, Death of loved ones, it seemed a punch to the gut everytime I turned around. Square one seemed to be my home.And it is for SURE the home court of the dark one. My love for music was my life boat and I didnt know it.. It all centered around that fact and from that I was led to people and places that have made life enjoyable. Am i rich? by no means I'm still just getting by , but thats all I need. I am happy and that is worth more than any amount of a mam made symble of wealth called...money. So What is it you like to do most? There are many grant opertunities avab to get you to school. Right now in the midst of the horrable distruction in Asia ,Help is needed in the worst way. Should you go ? Your Church, schools and hospitals Need your help? Should you go ? Can you make someone laugh? It seems you are in high Demand ! It will take an effort on your part and as Jesus has said all along . YOU must take the FIRST step then he will guide you. Your prayers Must be of energy! not luke warm, or he will spit them out. You Must get Excited ! about life for each day IS a new start. Isn't that A wonderful Thought ! No matter what you do or how sucessfull you are or are not , It just dosnt matter for tomorrow IS a new DAY! Make a difference in your life By making a difference into others! Seek no reward and you will be rewarded 100 fold. Peace !
Posts: 4 | From: Gassville Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful words of wisdom from both MentorRiddle and TEXASGRANDMA. I have already said a prayer for you mohawk. I pray that God blesses you along whatever path he has set for you and that He will guide you to him and reveal his will, and your part in his plan.

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mohawk

The wonderful thing about the coming year is it is a signal for a new beginning. Don't feel badly about having to start over. It is not anything to feel ashamed about. What would be shameful would be to come so far with God and then give up. I heard a preacher say that the wonderful thing about each morning God gives us is a new day, a clean slate to start over. I believe that most of us have alot of stops and starts through out our lives. It is the courage to keep starting again that separates us from those who quit, never to start again.
We often make light of new years resolutions but they can be a powerful tool in a Christian's hearts and hands.
God bless you, honey.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother in Christ,

Through out all life experiences things can get hard, and go from bad to worse. All things however are done for a reason. You will be delivered from your suffering soon enough, but be patient and trust that if you ask the Lord to do something through his son Jesus Christ that it will be done. But do not expect things to happen in your time, because your time is not perfect like the Lords time is. But rather wait with patience on the Lord to determine when your dilverence will be executed to the utmost perfection.
Here is what I want you to do: go into a place where you will not be disturbed and go to your knees and thank the Lord for what you do have, and praise him for what he has given you and what he will continue to give and do for you. Thank him for his Son who died for you to redeme you from your transgressions. Give him thanks for every breath you takem and every thought yout think. Give praise to him. Then take some time and meditate on the Lord and wait for him to give you guidence on what you need to do to better your life.
Remember my friend have patience and love in your heart and at all times thanks giving for all you have.

I have just got done praying for you and I know the Lord hears me as he promised he would.
Keep the faith my friend and never give up and allways trust in the Word.

In deepest love

Amen

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 20 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need some help, and hoping someone can spare a prayer. Life has been in constant stagnation for most of my adult life and I guess I am just not getting it, how to break through to a productive life. The times when I thought things were on an upswing, it was just life taking a breath before plunging lower. Both parents are passed away, and I am entering middle age, still living hand-to-mouth like a high school graduate on his own for the first time. I have prayed and prayed. I've jumped at several risks that left me more broke, more discouraged... and the last one not only did those, but left me homeless--with my dreams and hopes pretty much beaten into submission. I am not a bad person (played by the rules my whole life) and my goals in life were, I thought, noble and worth all the effort I had put toward them.

Many of my prayers have now begun "Well, Lord, here I am again..." I suppose I should ask forgiveness for doubting, but if all this has been some sort of divine plan, I am beginning to wish the Lord would just let me in on the joke. I am not getting any younger, and it gets increasingly difficult to start over again and again. There are just so many empty places. Career, Purpose, Success, a Partner in life; they're all still just big question marks. I want someone will pray with me here. When I pray myself, for myself, I am starting to feel like a pest. (My parents instilled in me an attitude to be grateful for what you have, don't whine for more, and don't rock the boat... there was just one flaw; we were already in dire poverty and torturing ourselves to be "grateful." I am not blaming my parents, but that defeatism is still a huge brick wall in my psychological identity and right now it looks just as indestructible as it did when I was a kid.) I'm just starting to get that feeling of "can't go on" again, and I really am growing tired.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement