Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayer For a Friend & Myself

Author Topic: Prayer For a Friend & Myself
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 84,praying that God will give you wisdom in order to comfort and minister to your friend in order that she can come to grips with her insecurities.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will certainly pray for God's will in your life. I was pleased to hear your last statement and I felt that it is an important one for you to make.

Sometimes people who have these kinds of insecurities like you describe will eventually commit, but too often the commitment is for the wrong reasons, fear of losing the other person and desperately needing someone to fill the void that is the center of that insecurity.

Unfortunately, relationships that begin for these reasons don't often last and cause a world of hurt in the process for everyone concerned including families.

God is the only one that can fill that kind of void and give us that kind of security. The kind of security it takes to commit to love.

Love is a very risky thing, in order to give and to receive love fully, we have to be able to risk all....To become vulnerable.

For someone who fears being vulnerable and who expects to enter into love and not be vulnerable, I believe true love is impossible.

Love means being willing and able to give all, without regard for self, to the good of the one loved.

This takes committment and it takes security and faith in God, because you cant be protecting your self and giving yourself in love. So you have to trust in God to protect you. Or else the first time love hurts, you end up protecting yourself, instead of loving the one who hurts and this snowballs.

Do you know what I mean?

So I guess I am saying be sure that this is a relationship God wills you to be in and if you love her, be sure that it is one HE wills her to be in. Because right now it sounds like she may need to work on her relationship with him, before she can have on with you.

May god bless you and keep you and may you walk surely on the path of HIS perfect will.

In Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psalm84
Community Member
Member # 4143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psalm84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im new to the forum and after reading and responding to other prayer requests I am sort of embarressed to post this request. There is so much going on in your lives and this is so inconsequential compared to some of your requests. However it is eating at me and I do ask for your prayers in a situation I am facing at the time. And I also have the courage to post this now.

Two years ago I became friends with this woman. We didn't intend to fall in love yet we did. Fast and hard did we. We became great friends though, and awesome prayer partners. We are not sexual in our relationship (not to say we haven't been tempted) however, we are very passionate about each other if that makes sense. However, my friend Taunya is afraid and has a hard time expressing her feelings towards me. She pushes me away from time to time thinking that she isn't deserving of not only my love but the love of our Father. Yet she loves Him and confesses Jesus as her Lord and Savior. She acts as if the other shoe will eventually drop. That I will fail her like the men in her past have. However at the same time she can't quit me and feels the emptiness when I am out of her life. Of course vice versa for me for her.

There has been many a time I have thought about moving on, however when it seems I'm about ready to walk away from this friendship, she seems to sense it and draws back. I understand her actions and hold no ill towards her. She is a very insecure and self conscience lady. But she is a very special person and the love of my life.

I guess because it is the season for family and closeness it's hitting me hard she is pushing away again. I realize I cannot do anything to change her personality and her insecure ways and that I have to let go and let God. But I have hope she will reach out to the Lord and give him her past hurts so she can learn to express her love.

My prayer is that she would rise above her insecurities to be able to enjoy our love, our friendship. I also pray trust God in this situation (it's so easy to trust him for others, yet when it comes to myself I struggle). And though it is my hope her and I one day marry, that if it is God's will for us to move on from each other that He would make it clear. Thanks, I appreciate your prayers.

Posts: 9 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement