Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayers Needed

Author Topic: Prayers Needed
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that the Lord will be a great comfort and guidance during this holiday season Beverly. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psalm84
Community Member
Member # 4143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psalm84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beverly,
Sometimes we need to take a break from what all we are doing and just take some time to paise and worship God so we can hear His still small voice. Read Luke 10:38-42. Though it's admirable you want to get involved with things, we have different seasons in which to do God's work and to rest and refill our spiritual tanks. I pray God would give you the wisdom in what to do to so that you don't burn out so to speak. And God be with your fiance in his endeavours to become a Highway Patrolman.

Posts: 9 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 3091

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having a really hard time this holiday season and I need to make a prayer request for strength.

I guess I can admit I have a little too much on my plate right now and I can't get into the whole holiday spirit and barely get out a smile here and there. I miss having a real family since my grandfather died. He died 11-22-97 and holidays haven't been the same since. I'm dealing with a child that I love dearly but he has mental problems. I'm with a man that I know loves me dearly and I can see growing old together but I need more commitment and more "us" time because he's a work-a-holic. I need a job and stress even though it's not the money we need but me to get out of the home for sanity sake.

I plan to check into a quilting club to meet other adults and make quilts that are donated to the needy. I am working on getting my license so I can drive myself places since my fiance just bought a new vehicle. I hope to get into the local M.A.D.D. to donate time and help police officers with check points. I've been praying for good results from my fiance's testing to get into the CHP since it's his dream job. We're trying to get to a point that we can financially afford to get married.

I just feel right now like my life is falling apart at the stitches at times. I know for a fact God is in our lives because last night I was feeling so low I might have done something stupid and a friend we haven't seen in over a year stopped by and kept me company until my fiance came home from work.

I am hoping prayer might help me because I need it at this time to stay on the right path. I think I would feel so much better if God would let me even if only in a dream talk to my Papa. I need his advise and wisdom and he's not in our lives anymore...

.~*~._.~*~._BEVERLY_.~*~._.~*~.

--------------------
.~*~._.~*~.BEVERLY.~*~._.~*~.

Posts: 2 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement