Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayers for my son

Author Topic: Prayers for my son
psalm84
Community Member
Member # 4143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psalm84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minnie I couldn't help but be touched by your request for your son. I had a younger brother that was addicted to meth. The sad thing watching him go through it wasn't that he was destroying and losing everything he had...but watching my parents suffer through this, fearing for his life, feeling that they failed God somehow. That was worse to watch. However even though there was times we all had lost hope, we never ceased not to pray. My parents even moved out of state and had him move in with them to get him away from the influneces here. I sincerely pray that your son is delivered through this addiction and if he hasn't accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior that he soon will. I also pray that our loving God comforts you so you don't lose heart.
Posts: 9 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will pray; and Minnie
"Be not WEARY in well doing for in due season you shall reap IF you faint not.">!

Thought you might like this Minnie:

Faith In The Midst Of The Fire
Dan 3:17-18 Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.

Please allow me the liberty of paraphrasing those verses: Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the troubles of today, and He will deliver us from your hand, you who seek to kick God out of America. But if not, let it be known to you, we do not serve your gods of money, homosexuality and moral corruption, nor will we worship any image you have set up.

My friend, I have dropped in today to remind you that it takes guts to stand up for what you believe, and when you do, you've got faith in the midst of the fire.

So you think youve got it bad; lets back up and peek in on Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego: The King had said to them, if you are ready at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, and you fall down and worship the image which I have made, good! But if you do not worship, you shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace?

And then he asked a question that played right into Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Negos hands: And who is the god who will deliver you from my hands?(Dan 3:15)

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, - - -.(Dan 3:16-18

There they stood, those three young Hebrew men, facing a fiery furnace heated seven times over, nonetheless, they refused to change their behavior nor compromise their beliefs. I suspect they were smiling as they stated, we're not going to waste a moment of our time defending ourselves before you in this matter.(my version, (Smile))

How about you my friend, are you willing to climb way out on the end of the proverbial limb, and say, but if not? When you demonstrate to God that you are willing to accept whatever His plan may be, in your particular circumstance, Hell either prop up the limb, or teach you to fly.(Smile)

You can be absolutely certain that He will either take you out of your mess, or bring you through it! You may be thinking, Preacher, Ive already been putting up with these troubles far too long! If so, thats where faith in the midst of the fire enters in; let me tell you something about that kind of faith: Its blind to impossibleness, dead to lack of confidence and wont ever consider discouragement. The only thing it focuses on is success.

My friend, you can demonstrate that kind of faith by lifting your hands through those threatening clouds, and seizing the hand of the One who said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.(Heb 13:5) When you do that, I guarantee it will make your future brighter, and the circumstances bearable.

One more thing, faith in the midst of the fire can only be developed when you are willing stand in the center of the fire, until you discover youre not alone. Then your adversary will say, Look; he will say, I see [two] men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the [second] is like the Son of God.(Dan 3:25 applied to you)

My friend, when your friends observe that you are as free in the midst of the fire, as when you get out of it, theyll be convinced that your God is real, far more than your words could ever portray.

Try faith in the midst of the fire; itll get you through anything!

Amazed in His Presence
Humbled by His Grace
Bro. Russ

Shalom
barry [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Minnie - will be praying that this bondage is lifted from your son, and also will pray that you will receive comfort under this heavy burden of care. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minnie
First Post
Member # 4122

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Minnie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please all of you could you please pray for my adult son, who is heavily hooked on meth, he has lost it all, his family his home and also his job,he is at the point where he doesn't care any more am really concerned about him.Thank you all
Posts: 1 | From: Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement