Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please everyone pray for me

Author Topic: Please everyone pray for me
psalm84
Community Member
Member # 4143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psalm84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Becky,
I really do believe you love God despite the addiction. I also believe you have the Holy Spirit within you as if you didn't, you wouldn't have convictions about the addiction, you wouldn't be reaching out for help in this matter. As I read your post and the others and as I prayed for you, I was reminded of Luke 7:37-48. I don't know...maybe when you get a chance, read it?

I pray that you find a good Bible believing church, one even that might have a ministry geared for people with addictions. I also pray you find a good friend that can relate to you, pray with you, cry and laugh with you. But most of all I pray that through Christ, you overcome you addiction in ways to glorify Him through it. Just as you love God, He loves you more so, God bless you.

Posts: 9 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jade
Community Member
Member # 4118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your in my prayers, and I know God will help you.

Peace and Love,
Jade

--------------------
Prayer comes in many forms.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for you and I know where man has failed in their efforts to free you from this terrible addiction Jesus will never fail. You have the enemy on the run and your miracle is on the way! Yes, I believe you when you say you love the Lord and you are among a group of steadfast Christians here on this bbs that will pray and stay in fellowship with you till you have complete victory over your drug problem. Rejoice because God Loves you and so do we.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 2 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Becky

HisGrace above makes a great point: Be courageous with your faith and turn this situation completely over to God. He that conquered death itself will conquer here too. God loves you, and living in bondage to a slow-killing poison is definitely not His plan for you. Drugs are one of the most symbolic things in society that mimic Satan's method--make you feel good while he slowly kills your body and claims your soul.

Enough. Dear Lord, Your hands can break the bonds that hold Becky to this demon's false "authority" over her. Heal her body, make it loosen its need for these vile pacifiers and light the flame of her spirit, Father. We place this request at the foot of Your throne, Lord. In the name of Your son Jesus, whose hem alone healed the afflicted woman, Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truth_Seeker05
Community Member
Member # 4092

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Truth_Seeker05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Becky.

I am praying for you right now. May God hold you in His arms and show you the way to the church that is totally right for you.
May He send healing to you to help you overcome your addiction, and may you feel surrounded by His loving presence.
I pray that God will show you how to appreciate yourself, and not to dislike yourself so much.
May God lead you out of the dark tunnel of depression into the light.
May He bless you always, Becky.

I ask all this in Jesus' name.
Amen.

--------------------
"Seek and ye shall find".

Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got done praying for you.
I know that God WILL help you.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Becky,

I have been concerned about you. I am keeping you in my prayers, but would love to hear from you to know how you are doing.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Becky, I pray that you can turn this problem over totally to God. He loves and wants to help you more than you can imagine. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Becca:

Please know that you are not alone. You have a family of believers right here who will stand with you in prayer, and be here to hold you up. There are some here who have been where you are or have loved or love someone who has been there.

You can email me anytime and I will listen if you need to talk or to cry or to laugh. My email is in my profile. You can even have my phone number and can call me night or day, if the enemy is getting the best of you. You do not have to walk alone. Christ will walk with you always and I will walk with you for a time if you like.

We have some friends in a couple of places in wisconsin. If you might be near them, we would be glad to try and direct you to a good Bible believing Church. But Laurie is right the Calvary Churches I have been to are great!

You are right about needing God. We all need God and man has nothing that can substitute for filling that need. And God is your way out of addiction.

Please know that you do not have to fight alone. HE will go before you and be your banner. He gives to you armor with which to stand in the frey and you have a family of believers that will stand beside you.

Know also that HE holds onto us, even when we are too weak to hold onto HIM. He wont let you go. Seek HIS FACE and HIS word and you will find HIM and HE will lift you up out of the muck and mire and set you on the ROCK.

Father God Thank you for bringing Becca to us. Help us to show her your love and help her to know your love. We ask that you bring into her life servants that will minister to her needs and show her Christ and lead her to become your disciple. We ask that you place her on the path of your Salvation, not just for the life to come, but in this life. Show her the freedom from bondage and the completeness and wholeness and rest that Christ brings in this life as well as the one to come. Light each step of her path one step at a time and make sure each footstep that she not stumble and fall. Lift her our of mire and set her on the rock of Christ and protect her in the fold of your wing. Thank you Father, thank you for your word of assurance that our prayers are heard and that you give us what we ask because we ask in the name above all names, the Name of your precious Son and our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ. AMEN!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calvary Chapel is a Bible-believing and line-by-line teaching church. They have a few in Wisconsin, so maybe one of these is near you. Check out their main web page and then of some of the churches if interested. I recently started going to one near me, and find the people to be very sweet and the teaching to be excellent.

http://calvarychapel.com/affiliates/wi.htm

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Oh sweetie, I will pray for you. Jesus can help heal you and deliver you from your afflictions. He can renew your mind and change it to a joyful one.

Romans 8:37- 39 (NIV)
37 No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I John 1:9 (NIV)
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and will purify (cleanse) us from all unrighteousness.

II Thessalonians 3:3 (NIV)
But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

Becca777
First Post
Member # 4047

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Becca777         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is Becky. I am a drug addict. PLEASE, with gods help, I can become a clean christian. I love god, I don't know if anyone will believe that anyone who does what I have been doing can actually love anyone besides myself, but I really love god, and I know he is my only way out of my addiction,. I suffer from severe depression, and social anxiety, causing me to stay home alot. I want to find a church, I am so afraid of finding the wrong church, I know god can direct me to a good bible based church. I am asking for you all to Please, please pray for me and my family, that god will help me, help myself, and that god will help me find a church, the right church, and help my family. Thank you all so much. I truly need help. No more counselors that fill me with more medications, I need god. God Bless you all, Becca
Posts: 1 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement