Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I need help

Author Topic: I need help
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that you will be given wisdom in your hour of need, Steven [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Steven:

I wanted to share with you that I too have felt this opressive feeling when with certain people. I believe that there are unseen beings in this world that associate themselves with certain people and places and things. I believe that God has given us the ability to sense their presence. This may be what you are sensing. Know that greater is he that is in the Born Again believer than He that is in the world and you do not have to fear anything in the world seen or unseen, but there may be reason why you have been given a sense of them I would suggest you pray about this with the Almighty Father God.

As to your anger, let me share with you that God has delivered me out of a terrible temper. I was an angry person most of my life having been also an abused person, I became abusive. So I view temper and anger as two different things. Temper is one action behind the minset of unrighteous anger.

As God delivered me from anger; he did so by showing me something in me that I believe applies to all unrighteous anger. I learned that anger came from my own feelings about self. "I deserved better than that. "I desired an outcome different than that." "I wanted this to happen or that to happen or this person to respond this way or that way." When those things didnt happen or when someone acted in a way that was contrary to what I desired or thought I deserved I became angry.

As I learned that I must decrease that HE that is Christ, might increase within me, things changed and I became less and less angry. First the action left... the temper. Then the re-action left. I no longer thought angry thoughts; then before I knew it, I was no longer angry.

Today I know that I cannot control people nor do I have the right to and I no longer desire to. I know that also I cannot control events good or bad in my life, I no longer try to. All I can ever hope to control is my flesh and even that I can only control because HE lives in me and works through me. Life has become no longer about me, but about HIM.

Does someone talk behind my back? So what, I don't matter, but I can pray for them because we are held accountible for every idle word we speak according to scripture and because HE is all that matters, it matters to me that this person suffer in their relationship with Christ and so I pray for thier walk.

Does someone cause me physical harm? Well, this body will heal and if it does not God will take it home. To live is Christ; to die gain. What matters is not this body... what matters is HIM; and so I can forgive this person and pray that Christ will to. I can pray that this person be deliviered from his own sin.

Does someone bear false witness against me? again it matters not to me if the ill witness is false GOD knows. Because it is not about me but about JESUS, I can pray for this person.

Am I late for an appointment and the guy in the car in front of me is making me more late because he has been so busy talking on his cell phone that he has now sat through the third light? Oh, well. I am not in control. It is not about me, but about Christ. I can pray for an opening that I might go around. Or I can sit quietly in the patience that is the fruit of the Spirit of God that lives in me. Or I can realize that perhaps God was saving me from an accident that the enmy had planned in the middle of the next intersection. If I am late, then I am late, but I prepared, I left on time, I have done what I could do. The rest is not in my control but GOD's. No Anger, what right would I have to be angry about that which only God had control over?

I could give many more examples, but I think you can get the point. GOD was able to deliver me from anger when I realized that I and nothing that happens in my life is about me. In fact, I don't have a life... I lost it and now the it is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me. As my desires, my hopes, my wants, my rights were surrendered for HIS, life became less and less about me and I became less and less angry because anger is a response to our not getting what we want or think we should have, from life or from other people.

Now, today my anger comes only from what people do or say that is against HIM. If you speak ill of HIM or lie about HIM or HIS word... that makes me angry... but even then, I am reminded that he himself although he is angry, is not so angry that he does not still tarry for those who are lost. His anger is reserved for the wicked and one day it will be poured out on the wicked. In the mean time, I do not always know who is the wicked and who is just the lost not yet found and it is not for me to know, and so I can be angry, but I must not sin... and so I pray.

I hope you find something in this that will help you. Know this one thing. GOD is our deliverer and HE will deliver you, if you seek HIS face and HIS will and not your own.

God Bless you brother.

In Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven,

I also used to suffer from anger bouts. Fortunately, that was all lifted after I found Him. I still do have to watch myself. What I have found to work is putting on the armor of God every day and also keep Him on my mind constantly. I have Jesus on my mind as much as I can to stay focused on what His will is for me. I hope that might help. I do understand what you are going through.

God bless and stay strong my friend! [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pray for those you are angry at. I can tell from my own experience it is not easy. At first I had to say really fast "Bless _! Amen. But over time God took away the bitterness against those who hurt me.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for you in your difficulties, Steven.

I felt moved to share this scripture from Phillippians with you, as I have found it helpful. Rejoicing and praising God and thinking on positive things always helps me.

Philippians 4:4-8 (KJV)
[4] Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
[5] Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
[6] Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven Drago
Advanced Member
Member # 3717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven Drago   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear family

there are a lot of times when I am with other people in church with my physical family or other non Adventist's there is this oppressive energy surrounding me like a piece of metal over my mouth it's hard to explain.only when I am with my friend Eric is it gone or as I continue my abiding alone.Please lift it up to Jesus.also my anger is 47 years deep AND IT HAS TO GO so that the Holy Spirit can reveal the character of Jesus.Please claim the Prayer of Jabez and Philippians 1:3-4,9-11 naming my name and Eric.

--------------------
Steven Drago

Posts: 21 | From: Davis, California, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement