Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » A prayer for healing

Author Topic: A prayer for healing
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohawk,

It sounds like you've been living in faith for some time now in ways that not many of us have experienced, and have kept your focus on Christ. I guess the Lord has prompted you to not only take an interest in your health, but to treat your body right, something many of us, myself included, could learn from.

If the Lord has provided health insurance I don't think you should feel uncomfortable about using it if you do have a pressing need. I don't believe that using a doctor or not using one has anything to do with faith as some people understand it. If you have faith, you will be obedient to God, and will seek His will and direction. If your fear comes from lack of faith, then seek more faith from God; if it is a fear of doctors, then seek God for courage and strength.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that God will continue to do a mighty healing process in you mohawk. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 8 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone

I am in a delicate state at this time. As a few of you know about me, I spent 2002 and part of 2003 without a home, though several people (including a non-Christian) were very generous to me, so I wasn't exactly out on the street 100% of the time. I believe now (though I was doubting back then) that God was seeing me through a difficult time in my life. A time that may not be finished, but we've got it on the ropes [Wink]

During that time I was basically flat broke, and without any kind of insurance. I have a tiny bit of insurance now through a job that God blessed me with, but my health has been basically a do-it-yourself program for the last 3 years. Well, lately I have been faced with some recurring health problems that I pray are reversible--and I find myself proactively climbing out of the pit of my own reluctance, trepidation and yes, my God forgive, a bit of laziness and fear, to seek medical help. (Having been outside the main stream of society for a time did something to my priority system and for some reason doctors didn't hold a place there.) And not to mention I wasn't exactly an expert on healthy living to begin with.

I have discovered myself altering my diet to a vegetarian-dominant program, upping my minerals and vitamins, monitoring my blood sugar, keeping a health diary--all without forethought--and I pray it is God turning my dial. I would like to appeal to the CBBS family for prayer support as this change takes place within me, and that I will be open to God's guidance regarding my health, and that He will lead me to find the right doctor, use what little insurance money I have wisely (or lead me on a path to an increase, be His will) and restore and improve my health. That's it pretty straight.

I thank you Lord for this new awareness of my body which is Your temple... and pray you will lead me past my own fears or apathy regarding doctors and lead me to the one who is right. And I pray that this will perhaps lead someone else who is facing health problems to take action on their own behalf as well, in Jesus' name. I will stand in agreement with them in return. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement