Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » HURT BY CHURCH PEOPLE

Author Topic: HURT BY CHURCH PEOPLE
Keeping Him Close
Community Member
Member # 3843

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Keeping Him Close     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the pain of not wanting to live your life. Of hating the struggle and being so tired. I want you to know that Jesus loves you and values the person that you are. Your life is to be lived for Christ and Christ alone. The opinion of anyone else is not of any value.

God has a plan for you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and he will care for you and guide you where you need to be.

Please know that I am praying for you and I do hope you will let us know how you are doing.

Love In Christ,
April [Cross]

--------------------
...then sings my soul, my saviour God to thee, How Great Thou Art..

April (36)
Husband David (52)
Stepson Stephen (23)
Daughter Alicia (16)

Posts: 10 | From: Hamilton, ON | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you didnt care you wouldnt be on this board. So, please just talk to us.

We re not here to condemn or judge you. The person typing this post (me) is a sinner too. The one great thing though is Jesus Christ died for our sins and if you repent of them, God sees them no more. The only one who ever brings your sins up again, are you and satan. Thats the way satan works, he throws up in your face all the bad things you ve done in your life. He reminds you of what you did and God probably wouldnt want someone like you or even me. Romans 3:23 states "For all have sinned, and came short the Glory of God."

The one thing that kills most people who judge you or condemn you, simply look at them and say "I ve repented of my sins, what I ve done is between me and my wonderful God. Say what you want about me but I ll pray for you." And simply walk away.

Your church may abandon you but our loving God never will. It saddens me to read about a church that abandons a Christian over something that they do. Instead of turning their back on you, they shouldve supported you. There are alot of great Bible teaching churches out there, so dont give up.

The building doesnt make a church the people do. I consider this message board a form of a church. [clap2]

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey honey, I definitely know what Church Hurt is like, and I haven't been in church THAT long!!

I haven't got any pearls of wisdom to share. we're going through a lot of "junk" at church as it is. But, Praise God, He is moving in our church and a lot of people (includin the pastor and me!) are repenting and asking for forgiveness and starting to get right.

There's gonna be problems in every church or social gathering. The hardest part is learning to forgive and show mercy and grace.

9 years ago when I was pregnant, my parents tried to make me get an abortion. my ex-boyfriend did too.

I didn't and after a while, my parents accepted me and my son. But I didn't give up. I was there in their face and they finally gave in.
My ex-boyfriend moved away and I haven't seen him since. I don't get child support or nothing.

I guess what I'm saying to you is simply that non-christians are as bad as christians... and likewise some christians are as bad as non-christians you can't judge them all by the poor example that you had.

I'll be praying for you cause I know the spiritual battle that's going on. But honestly, God is calling you back to him because otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions and searching for help. You wouldn't care at all. But God honestly does love you and wants you to come back to Him. Give the church a second chance. (or third or forth... )

God Bless you...
Joanna.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apisdn umop.
Thanks for the url. I posted it an a game site. There were many that took the test. Some of them are mad at me but I am hoping that some of them will accept Jesus before it is too late.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, it was not right of your family to do that to you. I went through much the same thing you did with my family, and I too was told to get an abortion... this was going on ten years ago... I know where you're coming from, and I too have suffered serious bouts of "I hate my life" just as you do...

...but the first step in getting back on your feet, after getting knocked down so terribly, is to return with a blow much more devastating: FORGIVENESS. As hard as it may be to forgive someone who has hurt you so badly, put Jesus' words into your heart "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do"... and then live it. Pray constantly for their forgiveness, and then you forgive them as well.

People, as a whole, tend to never see the other side of the story. They see that you have sinned, and it's easy to point out when someone else sins, particularly with one so... erm... noticable... as ill-timed pregnancy.

First, acknowledge that God has said that adultery, lust, and fornication is sin, and that His wrath is upon those who do not repent of sin. Realize that holiness is far more important than the pleasures of the flesh... (by now, you've probably realized these things, right? ^_^) Now think of what Jesus said to the woman caught in the act of adultery... "Is the no one left to condemn you?" "No" "Neither do I... *Go, and sin no more*". Realize that fornication is wrong, ask for God's forgiveness for what you've done, then go, but sin no more. It's done and overwith if you are truly sorry and want nothing to do with sin.

As to your family, you must realize that though they may act a little like the Pharisees, Jesus has already written in the dust... that the Pharisees were so busy condemning the woman, they failed to keep the Temple floor clean... They are so busy condemning you, they have failed to realize that they too have sinned in God's eyes... they have lied once in their lives, they have stolen, they have expressed hate, they have lusted *oh my! That makes them just as guilty as -you-, doesn't it!*... they are just as much in need of Jesus' salvation as you are.

They may be churchgoers... but going to church doesn't save a person. Repenting of sins, and following Christ saves a person. Repent, ask forgiveness for your sins... go, sin no more, and be saved.

http://www.needgod.com

Go check it out. It'll do you good.

**edit: fixed a really awkward sounding sentence**

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God can take away all the pain in your heart from your pass. Everyday, talk to God and ask Him to remove the hurt. Don’t' give up on Churches. Ask God to send you to a Church with people who will love and nurture you. You need people, honey and there are lots of Churches filled with people who love others.

Dear Jesus,

Please go to this young lady and wrap Your arms of love around here right now where she is at. Bring to her a complete emotional healing. Help her to find a Church where Your people can help her to heal emotionally and mentally. Provide her with a job and transportation. Take away all the pain that those people did to her.
Amen
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terrikoob
Member # 3816

Icon 20 posted      Profile for terrikoob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am writing in reguards, because I used to love to go to church. I did a lot of stuff, such as clean one of my so called friends house. This friend who I thought was a friend was not. She was pregnant when I started to help her and this continued for a while. Then after her child was born, I still helped her. After a few months of cleaning her house cooking, without getting paid, I became pregnant and I was not married. Well, I stopped helping her. I was not helped in any way, BY anyone. I was mocked ridicuded and told I was a **** , I only gor pregnant so I could get on WELFARE. This was said by my family. They told me if I did not abort I would be disowned.
Well I was disowned. Myfamily hates me because I had a child. I hd a very bad time when my daughter was born. I nearly lost my life, but, not one christian came to see me and the woman I helped said because of what you did the church ABANDONED YOU. Because of those words, they have HAUNTED me for 15 years I still hear them and in my sleep I hear them. I ahve kept my child away from churches and now living in phoenix I moved here awile ago, I will never go to church again.
The person I had helped had stated also to me at the time, I was pregnant you do not need a car, now I am having trouble with mine, you do not need this or that. Just pickes stuff out for me not to need. I just recently called the people of the church that ABANDONED me because of what I did, and asked them what did I do so bad to get abandoned? They said nothing, we did not know what was going on with you, or where you went.
The person I helped knew where I was at. She down right LIED. And lied at my expense thinking I had done something so wrong, and I was not FORGIVEN, in which she preached to me about that telling me I have to forgive my mom, in other words to me she is a hypocrite and a liar.
I still will never go back to church, when I need the church the most they where not there. And the words have nearly DISTORIED MY life as a christian and as a person, and remember it happen to me so I can fill the way I WANT TO withpout someone preaching to me. I HATE MY LIFE.
My car is having problems and I have no job.

Posts: 2 | From: Phoenix, Az | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement